Water Pouring Out of Spaceship Earth

There looks to be water on the ground way out by the gift shop in the photo...so maybe it was raining.

SSE supposedly has a drainage system built in to the outside surface so that this exact scenario doesn't play out with every rainstorm. It would appear that there is a blockage or failure within this drainage system and that is rainwater that hasn't drained properly.

We were on it when they shut the ride down. Little eerie to be riding with the lights on and no soundtrack! As soon as we got off, CMs were lined up to usher us all outside. A few minutes later, we heard sirens and found out it was the fire dept. They were suited up and went in.

Thinking its only the rain drain system. Beneath the alucabod panels (the triangular things around the outside of the ball) there is a system of gutters that are to collect and control the rainfall. I'm guessing something was plugged up and suddenly overflowed.

Cast is telling guests the ride will be shut down for the day.

Blog Mickey is reporting that the Greece scene has been affected by the water.

There is a conference room upstairs- so there is definitely plumbing inside (was just in there for a tour).
I've never heard of a conference room "upstairs" in SSE. I've seen a schematic of the attraction but I can't recall any such space. Are you thinking of a spot in the old AT&T sponsor lounge?

I've never heard of a conference room "upstairs" in SSE. I've seen a schematic of the attraction but I can't recall any such space. Are you thinking of a spot in the old AT&T sponsor lounge?
Yeah that lounge isn't directly inside the ball its on the back side with the exit area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter