Water Question

LarryBoy

Mouseketeer
I just realized that because we're flying I won't be able to take bottled water with me on this trip, and I drink a lot of water. I also know that there may not be a refrigerator in our room. Because I drink lots of water, I don't really want to pay Disney prices for bottled water. If I bring my Tervis or Camelbak water bottle with me will there be plenty of places I can fill it in the parks and at the resort (ASM) with decent tasting, cold water? Can I bring my own bottle in the parks if it's empty when I go in? Have any of you done this?

Can I bring my own bottle in the parks if it's empty when I go in? Have any of you done this?

You can bring any kind of food or drink into WDW theme parks with you...
Except-
No alcoholic beverages.
No glass bottles or containers.

You can fly with bottled water purchased AFTER you go through airport security.

You can buy cases of bottled water and have it delivered to your resort, if you like.

I've brought bottles of water in before with no problem. Whether they're opened, unopened, it didn't matter. I don't know, honestly, if there is a rule against this or not because it's never been a problem.

There should be a mini fridge in your room, but I've read recently where Disney is disabling some of the refrigerators in rooms for some kind of issue. If the one in your room is disabled it will be unplugged with a letter stating why. There's really no way to know unless you call them directly I would think.

They do have water fountains if you wanted to fill up your Camelbak with those.

Do that all the time - bring in a water bottle.
Plenty of the water fountains in the parks are quite cold and most are just fine taste-wise. I carry some of those lemonade-powder sticks and use them in the water if it's a little funky.

Plenty of people advocate using the free-water-at-counter-service system, but to me it's less of a PITA to carry a bottle and fill from the fountains. Never have to wait more than ten seconds for water that way lol

Will they fill your bottle for you at counter service restaurants, or will they only put it in a cup?

Plenty of people advocate using the free-water-at-counter-service system, but to me it's less of a PITA to carry a bottle and fill from the fountains. Never have to wait more than ten seconds for water that way lol

This! I'm fine with it, but my DH hates the taste of Florida water, so we got a Brita water bottle to fill up at the water fountains. SO much faster!

I never buy water at WDW - we bring our Vapur containers and refill as needed at water fountains. Note that some fountains are chilled - it's pretty much trial and error to find which ones, but the ones immediately outside the rest rooms across from Test Track in EP is one such location. I do grab a cup of ice water if we happen to already be at a food service place, but won't go out of my way to do so.

will there be plenty of places I can fill it in the parks and at the resort (ASM) with decent tasting, cold water? Can I bring my own bottle in the parks if it's empty when I go in? Have any of you done this?

There are some who don't have an issue with the taste of the fluid they call water at WDW (beware they are aliens:goodvibes) but most don't like the taste and for some the taste makes them ill.

This! I'm fine with it, but my DH hates the taste of Florida water, so we got a Brita water bottle to fill up at the water fountains. SO much faster!

This!x2 get one of the filter bottles (Brita, RubberMaid, Bobble) and you will be fine.

On our December 2012 trip, I drank lots of water from counter service restaurants. Most of them, they give you a cup, and you go to the soda fountain to fill it up with ice water. That water tasted filtered to me. I didn't notice the taste that I've had in hotel rooms before.

On our December 2012 trip, I drank lots of water from counter service restaurants. Most of them, they give you a cup, and you go to the soda fountain to fill it up with ice water. That water tasted filtered to me. I didn't notice the taste that I've had in hotel rooms before.

Yes that water is filtered because it used for the Coke machine. Its the water in the fountains aka bubblers thats bad.

Pretty sure most of the All Stars have fridges now, so you could have a flat of water shipped to the resort on arrival day, or stop by the Hess Station across from DTD or run to the Publix on arrival day to pick it up.

Otherwise, you're more than okay filling up bottles/camelbacks and bringing them into the parks!

I personally will always opt for water at meals, and at CS, because of the ddp, I'll end up with a bottle. I'll fill it up a couple of times, and then the water usually ends up tasting gross to me, so I'll buy a new one, or, it happens to be meal time and I'm fine! I personally, for some reason, find the water in Mk to be the worst tasting, and after a week, I just can't do it. If you want to save money and aren't worried about lugging multiple bottles with you, I'd say ship a case to the resort!

I am water picky and I buy some bottled water for the room, but in the parks I just hit up the counter service for free cups of ice water. It is filtered and tasted fine.

I also had a mug, but I would just go to the food court or any self serve and get ice and water from that soda fountain as well, and there were TONS of people with all kinds of cups getting ice and water. No one cares what you fill with water. However they are correct that if you go to a counter service without a self refil station they will hand you a cup of water, instead of filling up your own. ( I also think they would prefer you get a cup at the self fills as well just because of sanitary reasons, but they won't stop you as long as it's only water you're getting)

WDW would rather you get free filtered ice water from CS locations than have on call medics rushing out to deal with dehydrated guests.

we usually have a case of bottled water delivered by garden grocer

I was thinking about doing this, but aren't they having to remove the refrigerators from all resort hotel rooms? Not much point in getting my own if I can't cool it.

You do realize that unless you put it in a cooler of some kind to bring in the park you cool water will be warm in under an hour. If you have a cooler fill it with ice from the ice machine place the water bottle in it and put the cooler in the tub.

We wear running belts with water bottles on them and stop and fill them when needed. Its not great tasting water however its not that bad and does the job

We fill our water bottles with ice from the resort before we head out. It keeps them cold longer. Bottled water gets hot way too fast. And when we refill we get a cup of ice in the parks to do so.

We always have Staples deliver water to our resort. We order it and put the resort and reservation number on the order We have always had water waiting for us when we arrive. As a teacher, Staples does this with out the delivery charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter