Water rides... not volcano bay

Ditto to those who suggested flip flops and dry fit type clothing. We got DRENCHED on the rapids one and only semi-drenched on the flume (we did that one first and thought 'we can't get any more wet than this'). We put our bags in the middle that is covered and it was fine, nothing was wet at all. It was really fun though and a good length of a ride. Oh, my MIL wore her poncho and it didn't really help her as the water came up under the poncho and got her butt soaked LOL

Yes. Depending on the line waits, sometimes you can use the free lockers at Hulk and do the water rides. You need the wait time at Hulk to be long enough that you can do the wet ride(s) and get back before the locker starts charging you. This obviously involves more walking than the pay lockers near the wet rides and there is the risk that you may run past the free period.

Great suggestion, Capslock, and it worked. We were able to ride the Ripsaw & Bilge using the Hulk locker. So glad we did as we were thoroughly (and delightfully) soaked.

Yes. Depending on the line waits, sometimes you can use the free lockers at Hulk and do the water rides. You need the wait time at Hulk to be long enough that you can do the wet ride(s) and get back before the locker starts charging you. This obviously involves more walking than the pay lockers near the wet rides and there is the risk that you may run past the free period.
Try the hogwarts lockers for jp

You're welcome. I picked up that tip on here, and am all for saving a few bucks. As long as you time it, you are good to go w/ the free lockers :)

Yup, to do those rides, best to bring a change of clothes and flip flops. We did jurassic park twice and sat in front row and got wet. The Flume will definitely get you wet. The bilge raft will get you soaked. The way the water comes in on the bilge raft, I don't even think a poncho would do a lot of good.
I agree, we have never gotten soaked on Jurassic Park, but we don’t sit in the front row. The other 2 rides we got soaked on, you definitely need flip flops or water shoes.

Do they still have the covered center area in the Barge ride? I think they removed them in Disney's Kali River Rapids ride from what I remember.

last i was there they still had it but it's not water tight. used it before for my phone and wllet and they still got soaked. I'd recommend having a ziploc bag or something to stick them in as well for the water rides if you don't want to buy a locker

It kept our bags dry and we got drenched! We really made sure everything was tucked in good and the cover pulled down toght too. However to be extra cautious we did bring ziplock bags for our electronics for added protection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter