Waterparks and "swimwear" questions

jlatina32

Mouseketeer
Hello there fellow Disers:wave2:. My family and I have been to WDW but this will be our first time at the waterparks. I have done my homework regarding swim wear but I am traveling with my two sisters who are not so confident about their bodies. Are swim shirts for kids and men okay to wear on rides? What other type of "swimwear" would my sisters be permitted to wear on waterslides, bodyslides etc.

For instance, last year we went to Dorney Park and Wildwater
Kingdom and they wore tankini tops with capri like pants (not jeans) and my hubby was not permitted to get on a body slide because of his swim shirt. Will these rules apply in Disney waterparks? Any help will greatly appreciated.:thumbsup2

Hello there fellow Disers:wave2:. My family and I have been to WDW but this will be our first time at the waterparks. I have done my homework regarding swim wear but I am traveling with my two sisters who are not so confident about their bodies. Are swim shirts for kids and men okay to wear on rides? What other type of "swimwear" would my sisters be permitted to wear on waterslides, bodyslides etc.

For instance, last year we went to Dorney Park and Wildwater
Kingdom and they wore tankini tops with capri like pants (not jeans) and my hubby was not permitted to get on a body slide because of his swim shirt. Will these rules apply in Disney waterparks? Any help will greatly appreciated.:thumbsup2

As far as I know, the only thing not permitted is metal brackets which could damage the slides.

But trust me, I've seen so many people in so many outfits at Disney water parks, I can't imagine your sisters or your husband being embarrassed.

As far as I know, the only thing not permitted is metal brackets which could damage the slides.

But trust me, I've seen so many people in so many outfits at Disney water parks, I can't imagine your sisters or your husband being embarrassed.

LOL:rotfl2:....yeah I bet. I guess I will see what u mean by that come August.

I had a friend wear a short sleeve button up shirt and was allowed to go down Summit Plummet.

I have a petite, athletic build, but I wear a bikini with boy's swim trunks at a water park. I just cut out the "liner" inside. I prefer a little modesty when bending over to pick up my little ones, etc. Long board shorts are great for that. Maybe they would be comfortable in a tankini with men's swim shorts over?

I appreciate the responses and will relay them to my sisters and hubby.:thumbsup2

If anyone else wants to add please feel free to do so. Thanks!

DH and I were just at typhoon lagoon last week. We both where swim shirts and have never had a problem. DH also where swim shoes and only has to take them off on a couple of slide and hold them in the way down. I saw some women were shorts over their bottoms.

That is super cute! :thumbsup2 I wore a swim shirt when we were at Blizzard Beach in November without issue - it was cold so I bought it when I got there. Went down all the slides happily, and never even thought it might be an issue since I got it right there!

WOW, I've never seen anything like that!! I LOVE it!!! I am SO TIRED of wearing a swimsuit with a SKIRT on it because I am overweight. I would be comfortable in this.

Our whole family wears long board shorts and rashguard shirts. The sun can be brutal at the waterparks and we are all fair and don't need sunburn.

You can find board shorts at a lot of places, not just Land's End. Just do a google search on women's board shorts. If you need plus size, add that too. There are some good options.

I really don't understand why companies like Woman Within or Roaman's or Land Bryant don't sell board shorts in plus. They would make a mint!!!:thumbsup2

I soooooooo appreciate the extra suggestions. They are really helpful. I want my family to be able to enjoy the waterparks. You guys are awesome I knew I can count on the Disboards. :love::love::flower3:

I love Lands End's board shorts and rash guards for women. I usually wear a bikini top under the rash guard but I cannot in a million years imagine wearing a bikini bottom while dealing with my kids (bending over to pick things up, etc). I would be a nervous wreck so I wear swim skirts or board shorts.

It really depends on the cast member at the top of the slide unfortunately.

This might be true at other parks, but Disney waterparks have few restrictions on what you can wear. You are not allowed to have any metal fittings on swimwear on any of the bodyslides - this usually means no cut-off jeans as swimwear because of the metal pocket rivets. You can not wear water shoes on the bigger slides, but are allowed to hold them in your hands as you slide. You aren't allowed to bring your own flotation devices (you can rent life jackets), fins, masks or snorkels.

We chatted with two ladies wearing suits similar to the one shown below at Typhoon Lagoon last year, we were all walking up the stairs to the big slides, and they had no issues whatsoever, we saw them multiple times that day on different slides:
27945-32585.jpg

We have been to BB 3x and TL once over the last five years. We all wear swimsuits with short sleeve Land's End rashguard shirts over them (especially in the afternoon). Watershoes, too. The shirts have always been fine. We have been asked to remove the shoes on several slides (mostly at TL, not so much at BB).

We chatted with two ladies wearing suits similar to the one shown below at Typhoon Lagoon last year, we were all walking up the stairs to the big slides, and they had no issues whatsoever, we saw them multiple times that day on different slides:
27945-32585.jpg

Those are called "Burkinis". They were originally developed as modest swimwear for Moslem women but they became very popular out in California with the surfers and anyone else who needed a lot of skin coverage (skin cancer victims, extremely fair people, etc.).

This might be true at other parks, but Disney waterparks have few restrictions on what you can wear. You are not allowed to have any metal fittings on swimwear on any of the bodyslides - this usually means no cut-off jeans as swimwear because of the metal pocket rivets. You can not wear water shoes on the bigger slides, but are allowed to hold them in your hands as you slide. You aren't allowed to bring your own flotation devices (you can rent life jackets), fins, masks or snorkels.

27945-32585.jpg

There are plenty of people who dress modestly and could not wear a bathing suit. If you watch 19 kids and counting, Michelle Duggar explained her modesty wishes while they were jetskiing and that included not showing knees. There's no way Disney could ever expect folks to adhere to a dress code that goes against anyone's moral or religious views. That's why I love Disney!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter