Waterparks Closed?

Justrose

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are closed and neither show being open in March. Do the waterparks typically close this long?

Thanks for any info!

I'm not sure what's going on with BB as it just reopened in November (is it due to the cold temps?). Last year, BB closed in mid-March the day before they re-opened Typhoon Lagoon (I believe BB closed on March 19 and TL opened on March 20). Hopefully something similar will happen this year.

I'm not sure what's going on with BB as it just reopened in November (is it due to the cold temps?). Last year, BB closed in mid-March the day before they re-opened Typhoon Lagoon (I believe BB closed on March 19 and TL opened on March 20). Hopefully something similar will happen this year.
Yes, we expect them to transition from BB to TL sometime in late winter / early spring based on last year. Even though we're approaching approx. 60 days from that time, Disney seems to be very reluctant to announce the exact date too far in advance. It is annoying for those trying to book cabanas in their 60+resort-stay-length window.

One of BB or TL should be open unless it is temporarily closed due to weather.

Yes, we expect them to transition from BB to TL sometime in late winter / early spring based on last year. Even though we're approaching approx. 60 days from that time, Disney seems to be very reluctant to announce the exact date too far in advance. It is annoying for those trying to book cabanas in their 60+resort-stay-length window.

One of BB or TL should be open unless it is temporarily closed due to weather.
Yup - totally get it. I have it in my schedule to try to book a cabana next week for a late March trip. I'm not confident I will be able to do so given the current lack of schedule. They do this a lot with dining packages as well - makes it very difficult to plan!

This winter has been colder and wetter in general and Blizzard Beach has been closed more than a typical December/January due to weather.

There is definitely a park opened at all times if the weather cooperates. I'm guessing Typhoon will open back up sometime in Spring.

If you're looking at the March calendar, it's probably because the switch will happen and BB will close and TL will open but they haven't announced, don't have the hours yet, etc.

Just spoke to MS. Both parks show closed on MS’s end too. MS did not have access to a reason and thought it very odd too.

Just spoke to MS. Both parks show closed on MS’s end too. MS did not have access to a reason and thought it very odd too.
Not sure who MS is?

If you're asking about today, BB should have opened at 10AM and be open until 5PM.

If you're asking about future dates, those are often added to the calendar later than other park hours. Sometimes it's not until a month before the date that the water park hours are announced.

As of today, Jan 29, 2024, water park hours have only been published through Feb 24, 2024 so only 26 days in advance. Not ideal but seems to be the current trend with WP hours.

Last edited:
MS = member services

BB is open today. It closes the last week of Feb. At this time, per MS and the ticketing department, there is no reason provided as to why both parks at closed. The ticketing repo spoke with on her internal calendar that both are closed through at least April 6. They noted this could change at anytime to opening or remaining closed.

It's a personal choice but I would continue to check the calendar as there has never been a time (other than due to weather) that both WPs have been closed at the same time, since they reopened post-Covid.

I honestly find it very hard to believe that both parks will be closed between late Feb and April. Historically water park hours are just announced late which I find a far more likely reason why both parks are currently showing closed after Feb 24.

Well if water parks are closed from end of February to April 6, why would they have sold me tickets with water park option in March?

Well if water parks are closed from end of February to April 6, why would they have sold me tickets with water park option in March?
Wondering the same here. So odd that they have less than a month’s worth of hours posted now! Hopefully they announce more hours soon.

Before causing unnecessary concern to those holding WP tickets for dates yet to have hours published, please note that no formal announcements have been made of upcoming closures to both water parks at the same time.

It is NOT uncommon for WP hours to be released late. No need to panic because one person was told something by one CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter