Waterparks Closed?

Before causing unnecessary concern to those holding WP tickets for dates yet to have hours published, please note that no formal announcements have been made of upcoming closures to both water parks at the same time.

It is NOT uncommon for WP hours to be released late. No need to panic because one person was told something by one CM.
Please note I was reply to the OP who was inquiring about it. I too am traveling at the time the waterparks are seemingly both not open, so I am concerned too.

Please note I was reply to the OP who was inquiring about it. I too am traveling at the time the waterparks are seemingly both not open, so I am concerned too.
Pretty strange of Disney to keep water park hours a secret 🙄. Obviously they know what park will be open and when

I was speculating recently that maybe they are ending Flower and Garden earlier this year so they can deploy those cast members to the water parks and maybe open both this summer. We’ll see.

Unless which waterpark is open is the deciding factor to your plans, it isn't too hard to guestimate the open hours for A waterpark each day because it's pretty standard. So I'd make your plans and check again in a couple of weeks. I do expect at least one of the waterparks will be open -- and maybe you'll have a choice.

If the choice of Blizzard Beach vs Typhoon Lagoon IS your deciding factor -- then I recommend not buying tickets that include waterpark access. The "sports and more" or whatever it's called now can be added on at any point.

We’re waiting to buy because we’re TL people. What’s interesting is that on April 1st it says “schedule unavailable” for TL and closed for BB. That gives me hope that TL will be open for our April trip.

We will be there the last week of February, and judging by the calendar/schedule it looks like they are closed that week. I've started a chat session with them and haven't gotten a straight answer if they are actually closed or not during that week.

We will be there the last week of February, and judging by the calendar/schedule it looks like they are closed that week. I've started a chat session with them and haven't gotten a straight answer if they are actually closed or not during that week.
What the heck???!!!

Again, please note a closure has NOT been announced. Until a closure is announced, it is believed hours have yet to be published. It is not uncommon for water park hours to be published very close to operation dates.

Unless they've announced closure of both waterparks (which as mentioned above HAVE NOT), I can't imagine there wouldn't be one open during prime Spring Break time!

Moving to Rumors board as no announcement has been made saying water parks will be closed and is causing other guests unnecessary concern. At some point hours will be announced or, a formal announcement will be made but at this time neither of those have happened. It is common (especially in winter months) for water park hours to be released later.

It is odd they haven't announced anything, looking at hours for early April, it says BB is closed but TL says 'schedule unavailable', while Feb (from the 25th on) and March still say both are closed. I'm used to Universal releasing hours late but not Disney!

Sounds like the member services person needs to be educated about Disney not releasing specific water park schedules yet and how to answer questions appropriately as to not cause alarm.

No need to panic. Ever since water parks were opened back up after Covid, one has always remained opened unless the weather is bad.

Checked again this morning, and the hours are now posted for Feb 24-Mar 2! Blizzard Beach. Looks like they really are just releasing the schedule late this year!

Probably safe to assume they’ll release the rest of March later too. And maybe the TL “schedule unavailable” is a hint when they might switch over.

Checked again this morning, and the hours are now posted for Feb 24-Mar 2! Blizzard Beach. Looks like they really are just releasing the schedule late this year!

Probably safe to assume they’ll release the rest of March later too. And maybe the TL “schedule unavailable” is a hint when they might switch over.
Thank you for sharing this.

People are trying too hard. Probably as simple as Disney is doing some maintenance at TL. No reason for overtime. When it's finished the water park which is open will flip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter