waterride at animal kingdom

o'bother

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if there are places available to put your cameras so they don't get soaked? I know that there are lockers at the beginning of the park but I'm not sure about at the ride itself.
Thanks a bunch!

Yes, there is an area in the center of each raft that is zipped close so that you can keep your personal belongings dry. Thow your bags in there, and some have reccomended your socks and shoes as well so that you're not walking around with wet feet all day.

...so I bring a ziplock bag for my camera just in case and then put it in the center console.

Originally posted by eeyorefanatic
...so I bring a ziplock bag for my camera just in case and then put it in the center console.

I second this suggestion.

Me too!!
Seems whenever I've gone there has been water in the bottom of the center section.
I ziplock everything!! :)

Wonder why they don't have lockers like they do for Grizzly Rapids at DCA?? They worked great and the best thing is they were FREE!! for up to 2 hours use.

We rode the ride earlier this month and the storage area on our 'raft' velcroed shut. We put our shoes and socks in it, and they stayed dry. The area is divided in two and the other half of the area was wet when we got on the ride. Bring a plastic bag of some sort for sure.

I just ride Kali and get soaked and so does everything else. Putting it in the middle thingy helps, but not that well.

Disnee Dad Says............................If you don't want to risk the life of your camara, bring a lip loc, this many people can't be wrong!! PS We did get some water in the middle container, but our camara was safely tucked away under my poncho!!

Do whatever it takes to keep your camera dry!

I chose not to ride last trip and ended up holding a bunch of fanny packs and cameras, but my FIL forgot to hand me his camera (it was in a case hooked onto his belt).

When he got off the ride, the case was filled with water and the camera didn't work for three days!

Unless you love to be soaked to the bone, your camera would probably be safe under a poncho.

We were there in May and rode this ride like 4 times in row. We had ponchos and stayed nice and dry along with the camera.

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter