• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~*~Waving from Disneyland~*~

Mom2my2daughters

Mouseketeer
We made it :cool1:

It hasn't been smooth sailing yet, and since we've been here we've been on the phones trying to change rooms/hotels. I had specific requests and the main one was to be in the Marina/Sierra tower. We are staying for 8 days, we should get some priority to those whom are staying for 4 days, you know. As of now they have us in the Bonita Tower looking at a wall, I'm furious. Dustin is on the phone now with the Grand and we are changing hotels! This is bull!

For those whom are coming to the DLH, make sure you call the hotel 2 days before checking in, that is when they do the room arrangements and that's when you will more than likely get what you want.

Ack! Wish us luck! Will be back later to report :wave2:

What a day. We were at downtown disney and got a phone call from my dad. He had been to the ER with chest pains and is to go back in the morning to have a stent placed. If they are unable to do that then they will have to send him downtown and do open heart surgery :guilty: 2 years ago he had a mild heart attack, and had a stent placed. They said this is what's happening now and sent him home with preventative meds. Why didn't they keep him. We are waiting until tomorrow to see what happens and will then decide if we go back home to be with dad. My poor mom, she feels so helpless. Please think of him tonight.

On another note, if you are planning on staying at the DLH, dont! There are so many people in the lobby complaining, one lady crying even. The whole Marina tower is without hot water, and yes, they are trying to fix it, but are saying, "Well, at least you have 'some' water" :sad2: Everything is booked here, tomorrow they can move us up a floor in the BOnita tower so we aren't butt up to the elevator wall. We seriously are ON the wall.

The waterfalls are beautiful though, as are all the lights.

I agree! I will never stay there again after our trip last December. Anyway more importantly I hope your father is alright! You are in a very stressful situation! Just try to enjoy what you can for your little ones in the meantime until you have to make a decision!

Oh, Meagan, I hope your father is okay. I'll be thinking of him.

Also, I hope everything works out at the DLH for you.

Oh my goodness, I hope things start to settle down for you!

Thinking of you!
Amy :)

Meagan,

Please tell us things are going much better for your now. Is you dad doing OK? Did you get moved?

You said that room requests are most likely to be considered if you call 2 days before. I hadn't heard that for DLH before. Does the same apply for the other Disney hotels? (I had done a fax request to WDW, but have only made requests upon check-in lately at the DL hotels).

We stayed at DH the same thing happened to us we asked for Sierra tower and was given the Bontia. The next day they gave us the Sierra tower. It was so crowed it was not a fun trip. When we went to check in it was packed and no place to sit. They are doing contruction on DH when I was there. I can go on but I have been there before and I know that was not the norm. You just get that refresh feeling after you visit Disneyland and I did not get it this time. Not happy with our trip either

Hello again! Sorry I didn't update you all on my dad. He does have a blockage in an artery but not severe enough to do surgery yet. For now, they are treating it with meds. He's pretty wiped out from it but will be fine :cool1: Thank you everyone for your thoughts, they were much appreciated.

I'm at Disneyland, finally :cheer2: Our trip officially started Thursday when I called to complain once more about the rooms, and low and behold they actually had two connecting rooms in the Marina Tower before the Sat. when they originally told us we could move. We have an awesome view of the fireworks, they are spectacular!

The weather was beautiful and warm/hot today! The girls played around CA in their swimsuits and made sure to get wet in anything and everything that would allow :earboy2: Play House DIsney was so great, I loved it! And then the block party bash, WOW, what gorgeous colors and such energy. It was so much fun. We went back for the 10:30 Fantasmic show, and got there late so didn't get a great place but was still able to see it. Awesome!

We are having a blast!!!

Cal Gal, when we checked in and were told what tower we were in, I told them I had requested the Marina tower and asked if there was anything else available for us. She told us that they arrange rooms 2 days prior to your stay. She said we should have called then and we would have definitely gotten where we wanted. We booked through WDT and I'm beginning to think that it might be better to book directly. So yes, do call a few days before your arrival.

Any DIS members going to be in the parks anytime between now and Tuesday??

Thanks again! And if anyone has anything else to ask, I check in every morning and night.

Great news Meagan! It's unfortunate that the trip started out badly and that you had to complain, but it sounds like DLH came through for you. Thanks for the info regarding the room requests.

Wow I am so glad to hear your trip improved! Glad your dad is better that is the best news for you I am sure. I was really sorry to hear you were having a bad time at the DLH, that is our favorite hotel anywhere and we have always had good luck there. I was told once that the best time to call is around 11:00-1:00 on the day you are arriving because by then people have checked out and they have a better idea. I haven't been told the two day rule, I swear no matter who you talk to at any hotel anywhere, you are going to get different answers! I still like the Bonita Tower the best (know I am the total minority with that one!). The best view we ever had was on the 11th floor looking at the pool. We could see the Matterhorn and Big Thunder Mountain. I could also zoom in with my camcorder and see Knotts Berry Farm far off in the distance. Unfortunately each tower has bad room views and you never know what you are going to get. When my brother and his wife stayed there in December they paid for a premium view. They were told on the phone they would get the Sierra Tower 5th floor or higher. I was already checked in and callled the desk the day they were checking in (just had a little feeling) and was told they were in the Marina Tower, parking lot view. I said no way is my sister in law going to be happy with that and the CM told me they would be able to see wonderful city lights or something stupid like that. I told her I wanted to speak to a manager and explained to that person that they really didn't want to deal with my sil when she was angry and tired from flying all day. She took care of it and they got what they paid for! I love all the Disney hotels I have stayed at (WDW and DL) but I do sometimes (but not often) find that they seem to think their "magic" makes up for pretty much any mistake they make.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter