ME: The Skillet, S’mores Cheesecake
DD: The Skillet, Chuckwagon sundae
DS: shared with me
Mr. B: Nachos, NY Strip, Chocolate cake
Mrs. B: Salad, Sauteed Grouper, Chocolate cake
Stitch – Watermelon, Hamburger, Worms in the dirt
Scamp – Watermelon, Mac n Cheese, Worms in the dirt
The twins – Shared with everybody

This was a huge disappointment. WCC has been one of our favorite places for 10 years now, but it was just not good. The hostess staff was friendly, but after that service was terrible. I don’t know if our server just didn’t like having such a big table, or she was having a bad day, but her attitude was off. She did throw straws and we did the ketchup thing, but it seemed to be a bit of a bother to her. Our appetizers were ordered first, but the kids were told that everything for them came all together. I understand the plate thing, but it was kind of off for the adults to all get appetizers on the table before the kids have even ordered anything. DD never did get any salad with her skillet and we had to ask for the watermelon appetizer the boys were supposed to get as the plates arrived with only one Mickey ear. The food was brought out by runners and our server was nowhere to be seen. Mr. B’s steak was ordered medium, but came out rare. DH liked the Chicken pasta and Mrs. B said her grouper was just okay. The skillet was the biggest disappointment – the ribs were TERRIBLE – all gristle and impossible to separate, much less eat. The chicken was okay, but not all that great. DD liked the corn on the cob and the potatoes were the same as all over WDW. Our server came by the take dessert orders and only then asked if we wanted seconds on everything. I asked for more corn and potatoes as the kids had eaten those well, but since they finally came out with dessert it was a moot point. DD enjoyed the Chuckwagon sundae, but the boys complained that their tummies hurt after the Worms in the dirt. All the adults except Mrs. B got our dessert to go. She was still pretty hungry as her grouper wasn’t all that great and went mostly uneaten. Everyone said the chocolate cake was good when they finally ate it. I ordered the S’mores cheesecake and really enjoyed it later that night.

Note: The kids’ menu did look a lot better now. They have grilled fish or grilled chicken with marinara pasta and cheese with veggies and fruit. They actually looked pretty good, but DD wanted to skillet and our friend’s kids aren’t the healthy eating types. The hamburger and mac n cheese were available for the picky eaters so that was the high point.

Rating:
Service: D
Food: D
Atmosphere: C-

Overall: The kids did get to do the stick horse race, but the staff just didn’t seem to be having fun. WCC has lost the atmosphere it once had. It just wasn’t fun and the food was bad. This was always a Must-do for us every trip, especially as we always stay at VWL, but it’s off our list for our next trip unless I hear from you’all that they’ve made some big changes before then.

Thanks for the review. Sorry you had a disappointing experience. :guilty:

We were there on the 8th and it was alright. I think we liked the fun things the kids did more then anything else. Our server was Candi and she was fun. I think the food quantity could have been more - three of us got the skillet. My girls got the kids dishes and they seemed happy enough.

This was our first time there, so I really can't be sure that it's changed all that much.

I'm so disappointed to read this. I've made an ADR for March and am so hoping it will be a "rip-roaring" good time for the kids. I'll be bummed if it's just "blah".

Sorry your experience was not up to par.

We ate a group lunch there just last Wednesday (December 6).
This was only my second time eating there, and both times an all adult group.

Our server was good, and I was glad we were not picked on much. Although it could have been taken up a notch and still been fine.

I had a hamburger and I think it came with chips. :confused3 It was good, but not all that memorable.

It was nice that as a group of 8, we still were able to sit at one round table. When I made the ADR, I was told it could possibly be two tables, and not guaranteed to be together.

It is a fun place. The food we have had seems to satisfy everyone.

Hope your other meals were much more enjoyable! :goodvibes

And I have to say hello -- :wave: We moved from Omaha to the Orlando area! :Pinkbounc

Luv2Roam said:
And I have to say hello -- :wave: We moved from Omaha to the Orlando area! :Pinkbounc

Hello back! I guess it's warmed back up there. You sure traded for better weather moving to Florida! It was hard to come home after enjoying hte sunshine! :wave:

That's a bummer. We are eating there on our next trip - I hope the food is better then. Sorry you were disappointed.

We just ate there Dec 2nd and we all enjoyed our meals. We all had the skillet and everything was very good. Way to much food though. Never finished what we got on our first skillet. :wave2:

Sounds like you had the same server we did when we at there in June! Just did not seem like she wanted to be there. Also, this was our least favorite meal, not just because of the service but because the food was less than average. :sad2:

We had the same experience that week. We were so disappointed as we had ate here last year and had so much fun. This was my children and husband's first request. Our server was Chris and he didn't even throw the straws on the table!!! I'm not sure if we'll go back next year or not. I feel like the servers should all participate if they're going to work there. It's supposed to be a fun dinner!!!

Thanks for the helpful review. We had the same sort of service and will not be going back.

This was pretty much our experience too. It was too bad, really, because this was one of the places we were really looking forward to visiting. Our server was training someone and was very busy doing that, so he was distracted and pretty inattentive. Food was okay. I don't think we'll go again.

I am so sorry you had a bad experience. I know how disappointing it can be to go to a favorite place a second time and it stinks. We ate at WCC on 11/30 and it was the best time we ever had there. Our server was Leann and she was great! The whole staff had more life than I've ever seen. We truly had a ball and the food that we chose was really good. Hopefully you'll get a meal like that again soon. princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter