WDW before cruising transatlantic

Joyce_Belle

Fairy at dawn, princess by day, mermaid by night.
Hi everyone!

We are looking to do the transatlantic cruise next year from Ford Lauderdale to Barcelona. As we are from Europe this takes some planning and I was wondering if we can go to WDW for a few days prior to the cruise and book it together with our cruise? I would love to just book 1 package with everything arranged (except for flights that is). Is it a maximum number of days for WDW you can book together with your cruise? Transportation from WDW to harbour arrangable as wel? How does it work?

Any info appreciated! Thanks!

DCL does book "land and sea" -- but in all honesty you are much better off booking the 2 parts separately. There's another recent thread and I gave the same advice. The 2 are completely separate entities with separate computer systems, booking systems, apps, etc. and they don't really "talk" or work well together. It's much simpler to do separate, and you likely can get a better deal on the WDW part if you keep it split from DCL.

One thing to consider is transportation from WDW to Ft. Lauderdale. DCL does not offer transfers. It's about a 3 hour drive if you rent a car. There may be some public transportation options (train, fly, bus) but you'll need to figure out the logistics.

I would highly recommend booking a travel agent for this, and specifically one that specializes in Disney. There's going to be a lot of moving parts and Disney-specific agents will be able to put all the pieces together for you since they know both WDW and DCL like the back of their hand.

Just wanted to add that in terms of transportation WDW to Ft. Lauderdale, the Brightline train might be running from the Orlando airport by then. That would mean you could use any desired transportation from WDW to MCO and then catch the train to Ft. Lauderdale.

There might be a Brightline station coming near Disney Springs (not on property).

There might be a Brightline station coming near Disney Springs (not on property).
That may or may not happen. In any case, it would be on the MCO to Tampa line, which won’t be open in time for OP’s trip next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter