• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW before or after cruise?

Thirteen DCL cruises and we always went to the Parks before the cruise except twice. It was much more relaxing on the cruise after going to the Parks. That's the only way we would do it now.:thumbsup2

Boy does this subject come up a lot on this board...anyway, there is no cure for the 'disembark syndrome' like a good old fashioned trip to WDW. It makes seeing the orange glow of the ports sodium vapor lighting when you arrive back and realize...it's over, ..:sad2: so much easier to swallow. We've been fortunate enough to have been able to experience both modes, so given the choice we prefer the parks after

We always do WDW before (and then stay one night after before the drive home). Neither of us are good at early mornings and the day we get off the ship is basically wasted by sleeping and a park or DTD in the evening. I wouldn't want that to be an actual DAY of WDW.

We decided to do our park days before we go on the cruise. I have had land sickness each time we have cruised and the thought of going to park afterwards worries me. We are also early up and late nights when we go to the parks. I like the relaxation of the cruise to end my vacation.

My vote is for the parks before the cruise. We did WDW after our 2nd cruise and it was a harsh wake up call visiting the park post cruise. Going from pure relaxation where all of your food is already paid for to the long lines and expensive food is a harsh wake up call. I like running around the park, spending too much on food, waiting in long lines and not sleeping enough before the cruise so I can kick back and relax on the ship.

For cruises that are round trip from Port Canaveral, we sandwich the cruise in between WDW stays. Living on the west coast we have learned we hate flying home after that early wake up call that last day. So for us it's before and after.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

We stayed at the bwi first then did our cruise on the dream. I think either way is fine, dh was very envious when he saw our neighbors bags heading to the bc after the cruise however. :goodvibes he might want to cruise then wdw next time.

We just did a 3 night bahamas and 6 nights BWI after the cruise. It was lovely. We were so excited getting off the ship as we knew we were headed to Disney and had so much fun still to come. It helped lessen the sadness of getting off the the 3 night (which was way too short!!) LOL.

Only thing we would change would be the night pre-cruise. We stayed at Country Inn and Suites. While the hotel was clean enough, there was something about the hotel and the area around it that was just a bit eeeew to me. Can't put my finger on it. Next time we will do one night at POR before the cruise instead!! :thumbsup2

Both for me!

me too:thumbsup2

I book earliest flight into MCO and do either WDW/U for the night prior to cruise, with an easy drive over to port in the am. Can't imagine being so close to the parks and not visiting;).

we tend to do 3, 4 or 5 night DCL cruises so it's easy enough to fit in park days before & afterwards. Almost seems like two different vacations.

I think it would be awesome to start off at WDW, get good and tired, and then relax on DCL. BUT for our first DCL cruise, we are doing the opposite. However, we exit the ship on Halloween, so it will be a blast to go to MK that day for MNSSHP!

tofubeast said:
I think it would be awesome to start off at WDW, get good and tired, and then relax on DCL. BUT for our first DCL cruise, we are doing the opposite. However, we exit the ship on Halloween, so it will be a blast to go to MK that day for MNSSHP!

all great replies. .. thanks. .. we have decided on before. especially with having been on the 4 day dream cruise to the Bahamas. .. it will be more relaxing. .. just wish I could have two castaway cay days instead 1 day there and 1 day in Nassau. .. lol

We do one night before the cruise, and then 5-7 afterwards. I like getting off the ship knowing I have WDW ahead of me.

We're doing one day/night prior and 3 days/2 nights after our 4 night cruise in March. We did this on our last cruise as well.

Doing WDW after can definitely can ease your transition back into the real world. However, disembarkation day is an EARLY morning and it made that whole day really long.

Both ways are fine but in my example, I loved the cruise so much that I was almost crying in my bed on the last morning as the holidays were over ...
This year we do it first and then the parks so it will be different... We also have the jet lag to consider as we're flying from Europe but it should be for 1-2 days and mostly in the mornings...

We have done WDW before each of our cruises and really enjoy using the cruise to wind down after long days and nights in the parks...in August for our 3rd cruise, we may not go to WDW at all and either go on back to back cruises or Vero Beach, we haven't yet decided which one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter