WDW chat feature

Sunelis

Mouseketeer
I'll post this here to help my fellow Canadian Disers.

I haven't been able to use the chat feature on the WDW site for 3 or 4 weeks now.
Tried 2 different computers on 2 separate network, used Incognito mode, tried different browsers, cleared the cache. No luck. The icon for the chat shows up as pale "grey" (inactive) and when I try to click on it,
I get the message that all CM are busy and to try later. I've tried almost every hour between 7am and 10pm and no luck.

Today I finally figured out the problem with the chat feature...
My language was set to English (Canada)... I switched it to English(US) and the feature became "magically" available. Switched back to English (Canada) and it's inactive.

I guess Disney thinks us crazy Canucks don't speak the same English as they do... eh?

It's not actually the language you're changing, but rather which website you're accessing. The Canadian website has been known to be missing various features that are on the US website (various pictures on the resort pages come to mind). This is also how Canadians can only the see Canadian-specific specials on the Canadian site and not on the US site or vice versa. Always check both sites for specials...don't assume that what you see is all that's available. Canadians have access to offers through both sites, but Americans don't. You need to be Canadian to get the Canadian offers.

I found out that I had to go on the US site to see AP offers. This must be something new with the Canadian site because I remember being able to see AP offers before.

That might explain some of the problems I had changing a reservation. I'll try tonight on the US site.

How do you go to the USA website? Ive always typed in dot com and noticed it redirects me to a Canadian address. The chat feature hasnt worked for me in months.

At the top of the website, next to "Sign in or Create Account", you should see Canada (English). Click on this and it will bring up a box with the various language options, which are actually different websites. Choose "United States (English)". Now you're on the US site.

At the top of the website, next to "Sign in or Create Account", you should see Canada (English). Click on this and it will bring up a box with the various language options, which are actually different websites. Choose "United States (English)". Now you're on the US site.
If you need visual aid...
View attachment 341122

Oh..okay...sorry, I consider that the US website. Yes, mine does say Canada on top, but it's exactly the same, including prices etc as the US website.

I thought there was a completely different website for Canadians.

As far as the chat feature, I've had no issue for the few times I used it.

I am looking for a week at POP in December. If I have Canada (English) selected there are three offers, but with United States (English) selected there are five offers. And that doesn't include any passholder offers which haven't come out yet. This whole thing is so annoying. Add to that there are no rooms available for POP at all for that week, not even at rack rate, in any room category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter