• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW christmas parade overkill

Me too! This was the first time I had watched it so I wasn't really expecting that, but it got me really excited about our trip next spring. The parade and performances were fine of course, but I'd much rather just see the parks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Add me to the list of people who would rather see more of the parks and less of all of the other stuff. Loved NPH!!!!!!!

I would prefer to see more of the parade itself. Seeing the parks is fine but the show is after all supposed to be about the parade. I enjoyed it back when they showed the whole parade without so much of the cutting to this and that.

I want to wake up every day to a NPH musical montage. LOL

I think if you look at it, the amount of "infomercial" time would off-set the normal commercials.

So just look at it as Disney buying the commercial time up.

Next year, get Stacey :flower3: to co-host with Samantha. It would be far more entertaining!

Overkill or not it made me wish I was at one of the parks right now so mission accomplished Disney.

It also made me feel old, I didn't even know who most of the performers were.

The ads don't bother me at all,the parade is what it is,a way to advertise Disney.What did bother me somewhat is when Samantha Brown is showing the magic bands and how you can get FP+ for every ride,she would go from MK to Epcot to DHS showing how you can get a FP+ for all the headliners.I was waiting for a fine print to at least show in the bottom of the screen saying only 3 per day and options may be tiered preventing certain choices.Millions of poor unknowing potential visitors are possibly in for a surprise.

UGH thats just not right

Did anyone else find all the plug ins and advertisements kind of overkill during the parade?
It's a two hour commercial for the Parks & Resorts division, and always has been. I actually thought the acts this year were better than in the past few.

All I watched so far was the opening NPH number. I thought it was fabulous. Am I hearing I should stop now, while I'm ahead, before they get to the great MB/FP stuff? :rotfl:

All I watched so far was the opening NPH number. I thought it was fabulous. Am I hearing I should stop now, while I'm ahead, before they get to the great MB/FP stuff? :rotfl:

I actually liked the NPH opening too!

The kids loved it! Of course, they started talking about going at Christmas. I could do without the music acts, NPH, and Mr. Carey (Nick C). I did learn that you could get bling for your magic band. Time to spend my Christmas $...:)

DH and I always enjoy watching the show every year because of all the parks promotion stuff - gave us a WDW fix between trips. And being from Wisconsin till we retired in 2012 it was also great to see palm trees and people in shorts and imagine we were with them instead of freezing our butts off.:)

Let's see... Disney owns ABC. Nah... Must be a coincidence!

Seriously, I'm like some others in this thread. I enjoy the glimpses in the park. We're generally always there the week of the parade taping but usually leave on Sat taping day. We keep saying next year will be the year. Maybe next year will!

Programs like this are always full of adds, Disney just used a number of them for its own promotion. I'd rather Disney adds during a Disney parade than perfume and blenders!

I like it... Gets me excited about our next trip and besides that it make perfect sense for Disney to be the primary sponsor the Disney Parks Christmas Parade. What kind of commercials do you want Universal/Islands of Adventure?

Overkill or not it made me wish I was at one of the parks right now so mission accomplished Disney.

It also made me feel old, I didn't even know who most of the performers were.

Yeah, talk about boy band burnout. I had to keep asking my daughter who everyone was. Enjoyed seeing WDW and DL though, definitely had everyone wanting to go back. No doubt the theme this year was "planning your vacation".

We loved the giant commercial!! We just got back on Saturday from a week at Kidani and my oldest (22 year old) said, " I know we just got back but this is making me want to go back NOW!!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter