WDW closes

that’s what unemployment pay is for. But with Florida having a very low unemployment pay wdw did the right thing to pay their employees. But thousands more in the tourist areas will have to be on Florida’s low unemployment pay. It’s really disappointing how low Florida is on their unemployment pay. One of the worst in the country.
I agree that we should all plan for emergencies like this, and unemployment will help some. However, I work regularly as a substitute teacher. With all the school closures and threats of online school, there is no work on the horizon for people who have work like mine. And, we do not qualify for unemployment in our state. I think small business owners and their employees will be most hurt by this. I hope they don't get forgotten.

Thanks for the clarification. Disney can afford this. Smaller businesses are going to suffer the most. I think that everyone here sympathizes with everyone who will be hurt by this, whether it be health or financial.

Full time employees in the Asian Disney Parks were still told to report to work and they were finding things for them to do in the parks, so they weren't sitting home collecting a paycheck. They were doing things. Part time workers were given minimal hours.

I assume the US Parks will do something similar.

I would guess that WDW will be going through all their parks and sanitizing the heck out of them. Also, this would be the ideal time for maintenance and accelerating their renovations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter