WDW Dining & baby food

isyne4u

<font color=blue>Next time I get a craving for cak
We will be at The World in Nov and my little guy might be eating baby food by then and I don't really want to pack and carry that much baby food. So I was wondering if any of the restaurants or the stores at the properties sell baby food. We will be staying at AKL.

TIA
tara

You will find it at most resort shops but in limited choices and at very high prices. It is also found at the baby care stations at the parks. I would plan to bring as much as possible yourself. Perhaps a grocery store stop or ship yourself a package down to your resort. Remember not to start solids too close to the trip. It takes a while sometimes for little tummies to adjust to foodl

Jordan's mom

When we were in that stage we packed ours all in bubblewrap and then in zip loc bags (just in case). It worked well because it gave us extra room for souveniers on the way home. ;)

Thanks!! I'm hoping he is not eating too much baby food by then!!! I like the idea of taking it in bubble wrap and ziplocs. That will stop any problems with breakage and leaks!

Jordan's mom...do you know the cost of the food? I mean is it like $1 a jar or $3 a jar?

We are doing Mears so a grocery shop is out of the question. But I might send some stuff down right before so I don't have to carry it, but then again it will provide more room for souvies!!!

thanks,
tara

It just depends on what your little one is eating at the time. How old will he be on the trip?

We never really did the whole baby food thing at all, actually. I don't know if you're nursing or not, but if you are, the current reccomendation is to wait until 6 months to introduce anything all other than breastmilk, since the solids are actually not as dense in fat and calories, etc. and you don't want anything to take the place of breastmilk in his diet. Since my little buddy was 3 months early, we waited until he was 9 months actual age (6 months adjusted age) and then just introduced him to mashed up table foods. It made traveling with him SO easy!

As for getting stuff at Disney, we use a great service to bring stuff right to our hotel room for us.

www.wegoshop.com

We love them! We've used them for diapers, wipes, bottled water, drinks, snacks, fruit - all kinds of things. It's a GREAT service and I highly reccomend them!

Have fun!

Paul is such a cutie!!!!

Ethan will be 5 and 1/2 months old (real age, but 4 for adjusted age) when we go. He is a nursling but he is a little piggy. We give him rice cereal right now because he has such bad reflux. He is on meds for it, but still needs the rice to hold the food down. So since I give him some rice on a spoon occassionally I add a lttle fruit to it so that it isn't quite so blah!!

I'm trying to avoid too many solid foods just because I don't want to have to carry any with me. I guess I'll just play it by ear and see what the ped says at his 4 month check up.

Thanks!!!!
tara

Sorry you're having to deal with reflux. I imagine that's not fun for either of you! That's a pretty common issue with preemies, but one that we luckily managed to avoid. I hope you have a wonderful trip with your two cuties!

When I there in Jan I did buy my DD a few jars of fruit at the Baby Center when I ran out. I think it was twice as expensive as at home so I'm thinking $1/jar.

Have you price out a town car vs Mears?

Loves Dumbo....I got curious so I called AKL and talked to soemone in the store Zawadi (I think that is the spelling) and there's is 95 cents a jar. If he is only eating a small amount occassionally then I can just buy one or two there!! His meals will definately cost less than the rest of us!! Thanks for letting me know!
tara

I would recommend bringing some of GERBER'S new plastic Baby food packages. They are so great for taking on trips and storeing in backpacks or purses during the day.

Originally posted by Ron from Michigan
I would recommend bringing some of GERBER'S new plastic Baby food packages. They are so great for taking on trips and storeing in backpacks or purses during the day.

That is actually what I bought at the Baby Center.

I also brought from home a box of single serve Gerber Rice Cereal packages. Not all the grocery stores in my area had them but they were great.

I do like the idea of the plastic I hadn't thought about those. And those seal pretty good after they have been opened. I have also seen a cereal fruit mix that has formula already add so that all you have to do is add water. That would work too for the room.

I'm just so confused....I'm trying to plan ahead but not knowing what he is going to do is making things difficult for me!!!

We are taking Mears because we took the car last year and although it was a direct stop we felt kind of squashed in the car with the stroller and such. So this time we are not even going to worry about it, we are just going to do the Mears thing!!!

thank you for all the helpful hints. I knew the DIS folks would have lots of information!!

tara

Originally posted by essmom
I need the # and what time they start taking ps's. isn't it 90 days out? Thanks

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you are looking for. Do you want the number for mear?

tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter