• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW fanatic amazed at DL/DCA

adrien32

Mouseketeer
I just got back from my first trip to DL/DCA, after 20+ trips to WDW. We arrived on Feb. 20, 2004, and left the morning of the 22nd. We stayed at the Paradise Pier, which was OK, but we had a problem with the room. My mother and I requested two queen beds in a rennovated room, but received a king bed in an old room. Only after a lengthy discussion with the front desk did they manage to find two queen beds (still on an unrennovated floor). They had the nerve to say they had "upgraded" me to a pool view room for my trouble, but it wasn't any kind of upgrade.

Still, it was nice to stay "on property" with the special entrance to DCA. I had been told that, after going to WDW so many times, I would be disappointed by DL. Nothing could be further from the truth! It was so great to ride Mr. Toad and see the original Tiki Room one more time. The rides seemed more detailed, and the landscaping was wonderful. Toontown was a lot better that the one in Orlando.

DCA was great. It reminded me of the Disney MGM Studios. Soarin', the Aladdin show, and the animation building were the highlights.

In short, I had a wonderful time and hope to go back some day.
:sunny:

Glad you had a good trip. Sorry to hear about the inconvenience with the room, though. We are going in August but staying at the GC for the first time. I have not been to DL in 35 years. I was a little tike last time I was there, so I am really looking forward to this trip! I am glad you liked DL after being to WDW so many times. I have been there atleast 10 times so this will be a change, something new. Thanks for posting!

I'm so glad you had a nice time at DL. I have never been to WDW, but I'm sure they each have a place in my heart. I have been lucky to have 4 DL trips in the last 16 months. I'm getting an itching for another one.

:wave:

Thanks for the brief review, Adrien.
We love DL very much. I also adore WDW, but they really are two very DIFFERENT vacations. Am sorry about PP, we like that hotel for the DCA views. Construction on their pool side is awful, isn't it? Loud and an eyesore. Soarin' is awesome, I agree:D

Sorry to hear about your problems with PPH. Our stay was kind of the opposite. We wanted a king bed and were given two queens. when they found us a king room, they actually did upgrade us and gave us an upper level theme park view. I guess it's just the luck of the draw and what's available at the time.

Glad you enjoyed the trip overall :D

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Makes me sad when WDW fans bash on DLR. I still love it but I have been going since before I can even remember my first trip was when I was 3 months old (I have 2 older siblings). I took my first trip to WDW when I was 15 and of course I loved it but DLR will always have a special place in my heart. I don't know why people can't love both. I love both DLR and WDW for different reasons.

Anyway hope that means it will warrant another trip back for you. Especially because you probably weren't able to see Fantasmic at its best since the Mark Twain must still be getting refurbed.

Can't wait till my next trip. We try to make it once a month just for a couple days. We're at WDW every May:earsgirl:

MandaMom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter