WDW in March 2021

lindsay314

Earning My Ears
Hello all,
After the virus turning everything upside down, I have moved my tentative September 2020 trip to March 2021, which would be the first time visiting WDW during my birthday month. I have always avoided going in March because it tends to be more expensive and crowded with spring break and all, but I'm gonna try to cross "Going to Disney on my birthday" off my bucket list :)
So, those of you who have been to WDW in March, what are your pros and cons? How are the crowds and weather? Anything unique I should check out at that time? (I've already seen F&G on my previous May trips and loved it, excited to see it again!)
TIA! :)
(Edit: Clarify a sentence)

Weather wise March is my favorite time of year in Orlando. The weather is usually glorious (warm enough and not the heavy humidity summer and fall have). Bring a pair of jeans, fleece jacket, and rain coat just in case though. Unfortunately March as gotten more and more crowded over the years with way more people traveling for spring break compared to what crowds used to be, but with the weather so nice I totally understand. At least spring breaks are spread out. Usually early March has fewer spring breakers and lower crowds than mid March and late March, so if I were traveling in March and had the flexibility I'd go early in the month.

Thats my birthday month too! We have done it several times as it was during my D's spring break (end of March). We always managed to get so much done
Rope drop was key! With getting there early and strategic planning of FP+ you will get a lot done.
We often liked to do something like MK in morning and then EPCOT for afternoon. Usually we would hit flower and garden booths for lunch!
Weather is good - not as hot as may although we have had some HOT marches.
Pro is there are usually long enough hours so you can do stuff after an early dinner.
Have fun planning!

I'd say biggest (and possibly only) pros are F&G at Epcot and weather. I'm not sure anything else could beat September...although I think those 2 pros are pretty significant and I'd take them :) What time in March are you going? Usually I'd say the earlier the better, but over the last few years late Feb and early March have been pretty darn crowded.

I was there March 1-5 last year. Weather was great the first 3 days and then a cold front came through and it dropped to the 50s, so check that weather forecast right before you go!

March is generally a very good time to go. But it can have days when it is super cold in the parks. You will see all shops selling hoodies and gloves and blankets. People will literally walk around wrapped in a blanket. And then the next day may suddenly be short sleeves day again.

Mid March onwards is very very crowded. Plan well as mid day would be miserably crowded everywhere.

March temperatures can be all over the place from cold to hot so you basically have to plan for both extremes.

The middle of the month is spring break time both in Canada and man US states. In a normal year that means after the first week of March the parks can be very crowded. In 2021 it will depend if there’s a resurgence of the virus.

We like to go the 2nd or 3rd week of March - more the 3rd week - for the weather. We like to go to the parks everyday but we just do our FPs selections. If we can't see anything short lined to hop on between FP 2 and 3, we'll stop for a drink. Obviously we go later morning/early afternoon to the park. We use to enjoy Spring Training but that ship sailed a couple years ago. Never really noticed the crowds. Biggest Pro for us is weather - hot enough to swim but not to sweat. The Flower & Garden is nice. Don't tend to bother with either MK or AK.

I work for a school system in Michigan. We have to travel during spring break, at the end of March. Weather is usually pretty decent (upper 70's/low 80's) for the most part, with little rain but can get a bit cooler at night. Crowds are larger due to spring breakers, but manageable at all parks. Fastpasses are a must. Ride wait times vary, but most are between 45-60 minutes, although the popular attractions will definitely exceed those wait times. Make dining reservations well in advance, if you want table service or character meals. Watch for any special interest groups or events (Disney sanctioned or not) that may be visiting. Cost wise, hotels and airfare are outrageously higher, due to spring break travelers. The Grand Floridian has large Easter eggs depicting various characters/scenes on display in their lobby area. Very cool, imo.

just saying, it'll be exactly like the day they reopen then. same rules in place, everything. nothing will change, regardless of what's going on

just saying, it'll be exactly like the day they reopen then. same rules in place, everything. nothing will change, regardless of what's going on

I guarantee by March of next year the same polices in place right at reopening won't be there in March

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter