WDW in May??

Stephen's Mom

<font color=green>Had a California Adventure<br><f
My DH has a conference on May 4-7 (at the Yacht & Beach Club!) and while he hasn't decided whether he's going to it yet (I don't know what's wrong with him!?!?), I'm starting to secretly plan just in case....

We'll be taking our DS who will be almost 4 1/2 by then. I would like to stay for about 10 days (no problem for him as he's already been to Disney World and Disneyland both for 10 day trips and did wonderfully). I was wondering what would be best in terms of crowds. Should we go Apr. 27 and stay until May 7 or go on May 3 and stay until the 13th (or does it really make that much of a difference)?

We don't really care that much for the heat and I would rather have gone in January to be honest but it would be very hard to pass up a trip like this (especially since we are able to travel very cheaply when his office is picking up half of the cost!)

Just wondering what you guys think?

i have been during almost all of the seasons...May was one of my favorite times to go. When we went, the weather was perfect. About mid 80;s everyday. warm enough to go to blizzard beach but not too hot. we went the 2nd week in may. My parents had a chilly trip once in may....light sweaters and jeans...they did get to wear shorts a few days. The crowds weren't too bad. i would go with out hesitation!

Once you get past the Easter holiday (4-20-03) I think you should be pretty much free and clear as far as crowds go. My DH had a conference in May 2001 @ the Dolphin (such a sacrifce we wives make, I tell ya') and at first I was surprised at just how quiet it was in the parks. My *theory* is that in May (especially early in the month) most schools are not yet out for the summer, but it's TOO close to the end of school for most people to feel comfortable taking their kids OUT of school! ( I know WE left our kids at home with Grandma!! ;) )

Don't pass up this fabulous opportunity!!!

We have been to Orlando in early May twice. This year it was HOT but I think it was record-breaking highs so it's not normal. In 2001, it was beautiful and in the 80's. We never had any rain on either trip. I would go for the April 27- May 7 because I wouldn't want to run into the end of the school year with the Florida schools. I know they get out in mid-May because my cousin goes to school there. But really either choice will be great. It is also the time for the Flower and Garden Festival as well so Epcot will be all prettied up. Hope you have fun if you decide to go :) !

Thanks, now I just have to find a subtle way to convince DH to go! He could care less about going to WDW so sometimes it's hard to convince him (although we have gone to WDW and DL in the past 2 years - unfortunately that may work against me). He won't decide until closer to the time so I guess I'll have to be patient......

We have been to WDW for the past two Mays. It is a wonderful time of year. We had perfect weather and very little crowds. We already booked our trip for May 2003!

Originally posted by Stephen's Mom
Thanks, now I just have to find a subtle way to convince DH to go!

Forget subtle! If I gave *subtle* hints my DH would NEVER catch on!!! :rolleyes:

We were there from May 3rd through the 10th and it was unseasonably hot this year. I believe that usually it is in the mid 80s. There weren't long lines for most things. As a matter of fact I think that Winnie the Pooh is the only ride we stood in a substantial line for. I would definately go during that time of year again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter