WDW Maid Caught in Sting

I never use room safes but I also put the Do Not Disturb sign up for the duration of the stay. I would rather not have anyone in my space, just a personal quirk. Not that it would stop staff members from coming in if they really wanted to, but I tend to think this type of theft is more about opportunity.

Exactly! Opportunity is key. Lock up valuables or at LEAST wrap them in undies inside a suitcase. Don't be an easy mark for the Disney Mafia.

Exactly! Opportunity is key. Lock up valuables or at LEAST wrap them in undies inside a suitcase. Don't be an easy mark for the Disney Mafia.
Disney Mafia! LOL!

I hate blaming people who bag things happen to, it doesn't seem fair. But! Common sense really is helpful in preventing a lot of problems. I never had luggage locks before because I was concerned about them not making it through the airport if my bags are selected for the TSA searches, but I suppose maybe i should pack a lock to keep on the bag for larger items and use the safe for smaller.

Disney Mafia! LOL!

I hate blaming people who bag things happen to, it doesn't seem fair. But! Common sense really is helpful in preventing a lot of problems. I never had luggage locks before because I was concerned about them not making it through the airport if my bags are selected for the TSA searches, but I suppose maybe i should pack a lock to keep on the bag for larger items and use the safe for smaller.
We have NEVER had a problem with our bigger things because we just keep them out of sight, out of mind in our suitcases. It's easy to rig so that you can tell if someone's been in there. Just bring some zip ties and a pair of scissors. If they're willing to go to that amount of trouble, they're obviously busted anyway.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter