• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW No Longer Offering Tickets and Discounts to Third-party Cast Members

StarrySkye21

Mouseketeer
Edit: I guess the news source isn’t allowed to be linked here.

This really really chuffs me. They are seriously going to penalize the people who make it their life’s goal to spread the magic of Disney to others?

edit again: what makes my blood boil even more is that these cast members could be at home, collecting unemployment but instead risk their health to help Disney rake in copious amounts of money.

Last edited:
Edit: I guess the news source isn’t allowed to be linked here.

This really really chuffs me. They are seriously going to penalize the people who make it their life’s goal to spread the magic of Disney to others?

edit again: what makes my blood boil even more is that these cast members could be at home, collecting unemployment but instead risk their health to help Disney rake in copious amounts of money.
Damn straight. Testify!

I think valet and bell services are or were operated by third parties

The article says :"reportedly" most third party...
In other words plausible but not confirmed

Edited to add sites are banned for a variety of reasons.

AFAIK accuracy of rumors is not a criteria. Www.screamscape.com posts some wild rumors but they aren't banned

Last edited:

Ok. So I'm assuming third party employees are not Disney employees. But work for another company on the Disney property. So maybe the company they work for could supply the employees with perks.

The list of third party companies are restaurants and stores not owned by Disney. And resorts like Swan/Dolphin/Shades of Green.

Last edited:
Ok. So I'm assuming third party employees are not Disney employees. But work for another company on the Disney property. So maybe the company they work for could supply the employees with perks.

The list of third party companies is restaurants and stores not owned by Disney. And resorts like Swan/Dolphin/Shades of Green.

Also places like the Sherberth YMCA that provides child care for Disney cast members. My mother in law used to work there and received cast member benefits.

Please be kind and Thank a castmember and a 2nd or 3 rd party castperson today and tomorrow and next day too. Actually 6 days in a row…

I bet Universal Studios Orlando is not enforcing this not very nice policy for anybody. Even Starbucks will give a discount… at Universal Studios Orlando Theme Parks.

Last edited:
I believe all the cast members in the various stores in the Epcot world showcase were 3rd party cast members too.

This really bothers me as well..

Starting October 1, Walt Disney World will reportedly no longer offer standard Cast Member perks to most, if not all, employees of third-party vendors.

Several third-party vendors (operating participants) employ Cast Members throughout Walt Disney World, so it will likely impact many employees.

The terminated perks include Disney merchandise discounts, food and beverage discounts, theme park admissions passes and tickets, and Disney family holiday tickets.

We do not yet have a list of those companies that will be affected, but it will include some of the largest, per sources.

I am seeing actual third party cast members stating that this is not true….
Wouldn't be the first rumor which turned out to be false. Also possible it only applies to a small group of third party contractors or
the policy might be rolled out as contracts are up for renewal.

The banned site isn't know to be first with accurate rumors.

Or...they just didnt tell the enployees yet.

Why would you encourage more staff to quit though when you cant get enough staff to work as is?

This is truly bizarro way to drive the company or at least the parks into the ground quickly.

I wonder if Chapek is trying to pump the numbers so he can then sell/lease off the parks. That was talked about long ago and the steps hes been takiny make no sense in any other world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter