• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW No Longer Offering Tickets and Discounts to Third-party Cast Members

Do we have a source on anything that isn't the one that can't be linked for good reason?

No. So just a pot stirrer who has a big issue with Disney. A hilarious story in itself. Every other person who reported copy and pasted from that site, which immediately tells us about them as well.

I'll wait until there are actual facts, from credible people aka the ones impacted for starter.

Question: Do employees of the stores and restaurants at Disney Springs get these perks? Do Disney Springs hotel employees get these perks? I could see them dropping it from them if they do. I could also see it as a negotiating tool with the unions that represent 3rd party employees - I mean if the employees gain some things in their contract if they drop some things, that is what their contracts would be.

Edit: I guess the news source isn’t allowed to be linked here.

This really really chuffs me. They are seriously going to penalize the people who make it their life’s goal to spread the magic of Disney to others?

edit again: what makes my blood boil even more is that these cast members could be at home, collecting unemployment but instead risk their health to help Disney rake in copious amounts of money.

I guess some people would just assume go to work instead of collecting unemployment. Go figure!

I guess some people would just assume go to work instead of collecting unemployment. Go figure!

In the most competitive market for labor in history, cutting benefits and or pay is counter what any sane person would do.

So many questions, I'll save my anger about this until facts come out. This could have been a negotiated deal on the 3rd Party companies, they may have wanted to pay Disney less. Maybe a large number of employees were not using the benefits, or maybe Disney wants to limit people at the parks for a period of time. Who knows.

No. So just a pot stirrer who has a big issue with Disney. A hilarious story in itself. Every other person who reported copy and pasted from that site, which immediately tells us about them as well.

I'll wait until there are actual facts, from credible people aka the ones impacted for starter.

Question: Do employees of the stores and restaurants at Disney Springs get these perks? Do Disney Springs hotel employees get these perks? I could see them dropping it from them if they do. I could also see it as a negotiating tool with the unions that represent 3rd party employees - I mean if the employees gain some things in their contract if they drop some things, that is what their contracts would be.

I certainly hope you aren’t insinuating that I am a “pot stirrer” because I posted this thread not knowing the site has a questionable reputation.
Regardless, it’s looking to be at least partially true as several people on social media have said they were affected.

Latest news is confirmation that Sodexo has announced to employees who work at Disney World will lose their cast member benefits.

This includes Disney Merchandise discounts, food and beverage discounts, theme park admissions passes and tickets and Disney family holiday tickets.

I certainly hope you aren’t insinuating that I am a “pot stirrer” because I posted this thread not knowing the site has a questionable reputation.
Regardless, it’s looking to be at least partially true as several people on social media have said they were affected.

No I was talking about the source, which is why I said they have issues with Disney ... they will stir any pot to give them bad publicity.

And as I said it wouldn't surprise me if in some situations contracts changed as they always do. Also many of these folks are repped by a union and it may have gotten negotiated out, wouldn't warrant an attack on Disney for that. Sodexo folks are part of the union. We just need to wait because there are 3rd party employees saying it is not true for them. I just don't see the attack on Disney (the source's goal) when all that impacts 3rd party employees is negotiated between their employer and Disney.

No I was talking about the source, which is why I said they have issues with Disney ... they will stir any pot to give them bad publicity.

And as I said it wouldn't surprise me if in some situations contracts changed as they always do. Also many of these folks are repped by a union and it may have gotten negotiated out, wouldn't warrant an attack on Disney for that. Sodexo folks are part of the union. We just need to wait because there are 3rd party employees saying it is not true for them. I just don't see the attack on Disney (the source's goal) when all that impacts 3rd party employees is negotiated between their employer and Disney.

Considering how many perks Disney has cut for its guests recently though - would it surprise you if they were trying to cut perks for CMs, perhaps not all at the same time but as contracts are renegotiated?

Considering how many perks Disney has cut for its guests recently though - would it surprise you if they were trying to cut perks for CMs, perhaps not all at the same time but as contracts are renegotiated?

As I said above it very well could be part of some contract negotiations and union negotiations with certain groups. We have to remember that many of these people may be located at Disney but don't work for Disney. Any perks they get are negotiated between their employer and Disney. It's not as simple as "hey you all get these goodies" ... it's complicated. With "sales" down for some restaurants and shops perhaps they wanted lower rents or commission concessions from Disney, and Disney said we can do that if we reduce the perks we give to your employees. It is simply not black and white, it's not all on Disney when it comes to these particular employees. I worked in engineering contract labor where employees working side by side doing the same exact job didn't get the same benefits because one worked for the "Disney" and one worked for the "sub contractor". Whoever you work for, that is who gives you benefits.

Last edited:
Sodexo is a nation wide company. They have provided service for the hospital system I work for. The employees were Sodexo employees. They did not get the benefits our company employees did. I’m sure that is the case for most of the companies they provide services for. Why should Disney be different? Our company has outsourced food service, security & laundry to save money. Employee salaries & benefits became the new company’s responsibility. Sodexo should provide their own employee perks. They could offer a certain amount of theme park tickets per year to their employees if they wanted to. Disney can only raise prices so much, they have to find some other ways to cut costs too. Personally I’d prefer if it was executive bonuses cut. But we know that’s not gonna happen.

Sodexo is a nation wide company. They have provided service for the hospital system I work for. The employees were Sodexo employees. They did not get the benefits our company employees did. I’m sure that is the case for most of the companies they provide services for. Why should Disney be different? Our company has outsourced food service, security & laundry to save money. Employee salaries & benefits became the new company’s responsibility. Sodexo should provide their own employee perks. They could offer a certain amount of theme park tickets per year to their employees if they wanted to. Disney can only raise prices so much, they have to find some other ways to cut costs too. Personally I’d prefer if it was executive bonuses cut. But we know that’s not gonna happen.

These perks cost Disney 0 to offer, they actually make them a significant amount of money, so again an odd choice.

This really bothers me as well..

Starting October 1, Walt Disney World will reportedly no longer offer standard Cast Member perks to most, if not all, employees of third-party vendors.

Several third-party vendors (operating participants) employ Cast Members throughout Walt Disney World, so it will likely impact many employees.

The terminated perks include Disney merchandise discounts, food and beverage discounts, theme park admissions passes and tickets, and Disney family holiday tickets.

We do not yet have a list of those companies that will be affected, but it will include some of the largest, per sources.
These are some of the lowest paid employees and they are taking away perks that really didn't cost much if anything at all. Instead of selling them food or merchandise at a discount and still making a profit off of what they sell these 3rd party employees will buy nothing.

Sodexo got the contract when Disney decided to outsource this work to save money for being the low bidder. If Sodexo were to provide these perks it would cost them a significant amount. Example I believe employees get a 35% discount. That would be $35.00 off a $100.00 sweatshirt that may have cost Disney $15.00 at best . Disney still earned $50 from the sale. For Sodexo to provide the same perk the $35 would come straight from the bottom line.

Last edited:
These are some of the lowest paid employees and they are taking away perks that really didn't cost much if anything at all. Instead of selling them food or merchandise at a discount and still making a profit off of what they sell these 3rd party employees will buy nothing.
The benefit to Disney is they believe they can sell those things at full price to other people. See starting with the 50th they officially become God’s Gift to Mankind so they will be swamped with so much demand they might not have to discount ever again!

But for those who are not executives and can see life beyond Q4 numbers- yeah, this was dumb. Disney is making their next round of contract negotiations harder. Without big Disney benefits to entice employees the companies will have to pay them more. Sure Disney can dump vendors like it’s April 2020 again but then they have to work with brand new vendors which is a bucket of other problems.

Last edited:
this strikes me so wrong, these pll don't make that much to begin with I think they should at least still get free admission!! I think it will effect them more than they think. and for it to start on the 50th anniversary ,makes it even more slimy. good job cheapek!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter