WDW on a shoestring

mr1hotrod

Earning My Ears
I'm thinking of taking my WDW addicted son in July for 4 days and am looking for the cheapest way for park hopper passes short of time sharing presentations.

In addition, I'm looking for steals on airfare
cheapest so far is $166 ea but with a long stop over.
[mem to mco]

Can anybody recommend a good inexpensive hotel off site that would be kewl to a 8 yr old? He's kinda gettin that wanna be kewl rather than cute stuff going on.:smooth:

Oh and good deals on a convertable rental car.

Me, I just wanna go and try to keep to total cost below 1k:p

So to recap...Cheap Airfare, hotel, car and park passes
Hopefully it's not to much to ask

Will be our 4th WDW trip in 2 1/2 yrs:)

Thanx,

GW:wave:

Check out mousesavers.com
Why stay off site if you could get a great discount at a Disney value hotel for the dates you plan to travel?

There's not much you could do about the passes. If you are a Disney Club member you can get 5% off. I think AAA gives a similar discount.

Check out the airline websites for fares. Often they have some they only advertise in their websites. With children, I personally prefer to pay a little more to get non stop flights, rather than dealing with anxious kids during stop overs or wasting precious vacation time!

Wanda

Humpbacks1962 is right about the airfare

Sign up with several of the airline sites for their email specials. Southwest, American A., Delta, etc. They all have them. Southwest is running a bunch of anniv. specials if they fly out of yours.

The hotel and car rental I would go Priceline.com for.

You can get a hotel very cheap and bid for a converable.

Before you go there though, go to ezboard.com and go to a board called Informed Priceline Tavel Bidding. They have alot of people who post their winning bids there(including me). There is a thread for bonus money also with a $5 per night bonus for hotels right now. (you bid $30 they bid $35 for you, but you only are charged the $30) Although you don't know which hotel you'll get, most there are nice and family oriented anyway. The board will give an idea of what people have been getting.

Me and my 15 & 20 year old are going in Aug.

Have a happy time.:bounce:

also try valuetrips.com for hotels and stuff. I found the HIFS was priced well through them...and everyone raves about that hotel for kids. Kidsuites have their own nintendo and tv in with bunkbeds and nice pools. Holiday inn maingate east also has the kidsuite for cheaper..but would probably be good if it was just for the two of you...smaller rooms than HIFS.

$49 /night All Stars rate.. www.mousesavers.com

Snacks/breakfast items in the room, with a rental car you can stop for goodies.

Convertible might be hard to get on priceline, the lowest bid I saw was $15/day for convertible..

Or is it cheaper to drive?

It always is for me

Sometimes I am not sure it is worth it to do the driving yourself. It is so much nicer to just hop in a cool, air conditioned Disney bus and let someone else drive you around! You don't miss the exits, don't stand in lines to take the trams, don't pay for parking at the parks, don't deal with rude drivers during your vacation...

Wanda

Wow, I've never seen mousesavers.com until today. Talk about an overabundance of information.

Can anybody give a direct link to the $49 All Stars rates?

And, If we stay at All Stars, can we buy eTicket passes?

Thanx:earsboy:

But we are taking the greyhound from arkansas $238 for both of us compared to $300 eeach on a airplane. Ok not the most comfortable way to travel but the cheapest and it gets us to disney.
It is just myself and Dd this trip too.
We got the $49 All stars rate which really saved a bundle, not sure about tickets if we are going with the 6 day or annual, because DH would really liketo make another trip before the year is up. "But I will be finishing school in December and not sure if I will want to take the time to go.
Honestly if you stay on site the car is not needed unless you really want it. Still would save more money.

Good luck!!!!

After further investigation... ;)

Is the rate for AS Sports Home Run Hotel
65 or 49? I am confused
:confused:

In addition, can somebody post a link to the mousesavers site where it specifically mentions the AS Sports HRH rate?

Has anybody stayed there b4 and could give a recomendation on rooms?:bounce:

In addition, I'm now considering an Premium Annual Pass. Will this save any on hotel rates?

Are there any discounts available for the purchase of Annual Passes?:jester:

Thanx,

Glynn:earsboy:

mr1hotrod if you mean tickets for E-Ticket Nights. Yes you can and I think it is money well spent.
Riverview :smooth: :bounce: :p :bounce: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter