WDW Questions: wedding week/ honeymoon

mandy_22

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I have a few general questions about hotel hopping on the wedding/honeymoon week. We are planning to move into a really nice room the night before the wedding and the night of the wedding, so that we don't have to check out on the wedding day.

Is it a huge pain to go from one hotel to another?
How do you get your luggage moved? Do you have to carry it on a bus yourself?
Is it a huge pain to go from one room to a different room in the same hotel?
How does your luggage move for that change?

For those of you who have had your weddings, did you get the dining plan?
If so was it worth it?

I know you can't buy a dining plan if you book through the room block, but I think we are going to do DVC points. I'm trying to decide if it will be so hectic that we won't have enough time to take full advantage of the dinging plan.

If you do change rooms, I'm assuming these will be separate reservations. So does that mean you have a different magic band for each reservation, or can they link them all to one band?

Thanks everyone!

Hello,

I have a few general questions about hotel hopping on the wedding/honeymoon week. We are planning to move into a really nice room the night before the wedding and the night of the wedding, so that we don't have to check out on the wedding day.

Is it a huge pain to go from one hotel to another?
How do you get your luggage moved? Do you have to carry it on a bus yourself?
Is it a huge pain to go from one room to a different room in the same hotel?
How does your luggage move for that change?

For those of you who have had your weddings, did you get the dining plan?
If so was it worth it?

I know you can't buy a dining plan if you book through the room block, but I think we are going to do DVC points. I'm trying to decide if it will be so hectic that we won't have enough time to take full advantage of the dinging plan.

If you do change rooms, I'm assuming these will be separate reservations. So does that mean you have a different magic band for each reservation, or can they link them all to one band?

Thanks everyone!
Ok...I'll try answer some of these....
Resort hopping...
I have resort hopped on DVC before and it is a pain in the butt as you are "homeless" from about 11am-4pm. I NEVER live for that early check in. Especially if you're vying for a "good" room odds are you won't be getting it before 4pm.
We ALWAYS in these cases had a rented car that we put much of our luggage in. You can leave it at bell services of where you checked out but you are SOLELY responsible for getting it from one resort to another. However you make that happen is up to you.

Changing rooms WITHIN a resort...
Now...for our wedding in February I was getting REALLY nervous about missing our connection at LAX (I was flying in from Sydney Australia) so we tacked on an extra night in a standard view room 1 bedroom. Our long term stay was 2 bed savannah room.
NOW....when we arrived on that first night the lady put all three reservations on the magic bands although there were 3 sets of bands becuase if you LOOK at my Disney experience and put your reservation in you book your bands for each. (the second stay was a "combined" booking of my husband booking some nights and my brother booking some in the same type and category)
We were allocated our room (although not told the number) for the combined booking and assured it would be the same room for both bookings so we didn't move at all and checked it was the floor we wanted etc.

So after the first night we called bell services and they took our bags away to store for the day and we went out shopping. We got back that night and went to the front desk to get the room number and bell services took our bags to the new room. This all went pretty well....but bell services don't respect "fragile" stickers they put on things. We were less than impressed with their handling of our handluggage bags which had all my wedding things in....

I never changed magic bands this whole stay...

As for the dining plan? I personally don't think it's good value. We used it years ago...like 2007ish? But I don't think it is good value these days. We did a LOT of dining including quite a bit of signature restaurants and we'd much rather pay OOP and pick exactly what we want from the menu. I don't like anything really that counts as a snack credit. We didn't even get time to get a dole whip which is the only "snack" I really get

Ok...I'll try answer some of these....
Resort hopping...
I have resort hopped on DVC before and it is a pain in the butt as you are "homeless" from about 11am-4pm. I NEVER live for that early check in. Especially if you're vying for a "good" room odds are you won't be getting it before 4pm.
We ALWAYS in these cases had a rented car that we put much of our luggage in. You can leave it at bell services of where you checked out but you are SOLELY responsible for getting it from one resort to another. However you make that happen is up to you.

Sorry this is not the case. If you're transferring from one resort to another either bring your bags to bell services or call to have them picked up. They will transfer from one Disney resort to another no problem- though they won't guarantee their arrival until after 4pm. However we changed resorts 3 times during our wedding trip and got our bags by 1 or 2 every time.

Changing rooms WITHIN a resort...
Now...for our wedding in February I was getting REALLY nervous about missing our connection at LAX (I was flying in from Sydney Australia) so we tacked on an extra night in a standard view room 1 bedroom. Our long term stay was 2 bed savannah room.
NOW....when we arrived on that first night the lady put all three reservations on the magic bands although there were 3 sets of bands becuase if you LOOK at my Disney experience and put your reservation in you book your bands for each. (the second stay was a "combined" booking of my husband booking some nights and my brother booking some in the same type and category)
We were allocated our room (although not told the number) for the combined booking and assured it would be the same room for both bookings so we didn't move at all and checked it was the floor we wanted etc.

So after the first night we called bell services and they took our bags away to store for the day and we went out shopping. We got back that night and went to the front desk to get the room number and bell services took our bags to the new room. This all went pretty well....but bell services don't respect "fragile" stickers they put on things. We were less than impressed with their handling of our handluggage bags which had all my wedding things in....

I never changed magic bands this whole stay...

As for the dining plan? I personally don't think it's good value. We used it years ago...like 2007ish? But I don't think it is good value these days. We did a LOT of dining including quite a bit of signature restaurants and we'd much rather pay OOP and pick exactly what we want from the menu. I don't like anything really that counts as a snack credit. We didn't even get time to get a dole whip which is the only "snack" I really get

Note above in red.

As your magic bands are linked to your my Disney experience account you can use any of the bands for any of the stays. I bought a tinkerbell band during the offsite portion of our stay and when we moved onsite I used it and the band I got for the stay depending on if green or pink went better with my outfit.

I would suggest that you avoid doing it. Shifting from one hotel to another one can be a real pain! Last year my friend got married and she had her reception at one of these really nice party venues of Boca Raton, which also had facility of accommodating guests, but she made the blunder of staying in another hotel and she had to shift all her luggage at the party venue later and in the process she ended up losing her couple of things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter