WDW Resort and the transfer to the cruise. The WDW contact center didn't understand what I was saying.

Amydisneyfan

Mouseketeer
I phoned the contact center WDW as I've booked the DCL transfer from WDW hotel as I wanted to ask about how it works and if I need to book bell service the night before and their response they didn't have a clue they said DCL don't do transfers from WDW to the cruise.

How come cast members at WDW don't know about the DCL transfer?

You will need to call DCL with any questions you have regarding the transfer. In my experience, there is a DCL rep at the resorts to help guests who are doing the transfers. You may want to post your question in the DCL forum to get more specific details on the transfers. Transfers are conducted by DCL, not WDW.

You will need to call DCL with any questions you have regarding the transfer. In my experience, there is a DCL rep at the resorts to help guests who are doing the transfers. You may want to post your question in the DCL forum to get more specific details on the transfers. Transfers are conducted by DCL, not WDW.
I'll speak to DCL tomorrow after when I came home from work

Second question how do I swap this thread to the DCL forum?

I'll speak to DCL tomorrow after when I came home from work

Second question how do I swap this thread to the DCL forum?
Looks like an admin did it for you.

But yes, call DCL tomorrow. As someone said earlier, they handle the transportation to the port - not Disney World. Your question is a very common one so they will be able to take care of you.

their response they didn't have a clue they said DCL don't do transfers from WDW to the cruise.

How come cast members at WDW don't know about the DCL transfer?
You have to remember that WDW no longer has the Magical Express so that is probably why you received the answer you did. All Transfers to and from the Resorts and the Airport are privately booked

You have to remember that WDW no longer has the Magical Express so that is probably why you received the answer you did. All Transfers to and from the Resorts and the Airport are privately booked
Yes from Airport I could use Mears Connect as QR code is valid for 48 hours.

Are you asking if you need to book Bell Services if taking DCL Transportation from a WDW resort to the port?

If that is your question, no. DCL will transport your luggage from your resort room to the port. You will be asked to have your luggage in your room in a certain place with each bag tagged, by 7AM. A rep will come to your room, pick up your luggage and arrange transportation to the port. The next time you see your luggage it will be outside your stateroom onboard ship. Be sure to take anything you may need before late afternoon with you, especially meds. Your luggage will likely be delivered earlier but some bags may be delayed.

Are you asking if you need to book Bell Services if taking DCL Transportation from a WDW resort to the port?

If that is your question, no. DCL will transport your luggage from your resort room to the port. You will be asked to have your luggage in your room in a certain place with each bag tagged, by 7AM. A rep will come to your room, pick up your luggage and arrange transportation to the port. The next time you see your luggage it will be outside your stateroom onboard ship. Be sure to take anything you may need before late afternoon with you, especially meds. Your luggage will likely be delivered earlier but some bags may be delayed.
Thank you for your help

Transfer information leaves a lot of guests feeling like they have missed an email. You will be within days (like 24-48 hours) before your cruise date - then you will get a somewhat vague email.

(Edit: this sentence is incorrect: You should expect to get the detailed information from the Front Desk when you do resort check-in - printed with time details.)

It has frustrated /concerned a lot of us. We wonder if we really have transfers booked or if they got lost.

Last edited:
You should expect to get the detailed information from the Front Desk when you do resort check-in - printed with time details.
You don't get anything from the front desk upon check-in. They used to put a letter on your door knob late the night before, but now you receive an e-mail 1-2 days in advance with instructions about luggage pickup, when and where to meet that morning, and other related info. Last cruise we got the e-mail almost exactly 48 hours prior to the meeting time. I was glad it is now done this way because, despite staying at AKL several times, I did not know where the referenced lounge to meet in was so it gave us lots of time to scope it out first. Bell Services picked up our luggage that morning at almost exactly 7 am and checked to make sure we had our tags on.

Transfer information leaves a lot of guests feeling like they have missed an email. You will be within days (like 24-48 hours) before your cruise date - then you will get a somewhat vague email.

You should expect to get the detailed information from the Front Desk when you do resort check-in - printed with time details.

It has frustrated /concerned a lot of us. We wonder if we really have transfers booked or if they got lost.
This is how I feel at the moment. We've booked transfers and we're staying at All Stars Movies the night before. When I checked in for our cruise, we were asked where we were staying after the cruise but not before.

I've read so many posts saying we'll get an email a few days before but I can't get my head around how it works - I still don't fully understand how DCL or Bell Service will know which room I'm in to collect our luggage, if that makes sense?

I have a feeling I'm going to be stressed about this until both me and my luggage are in that state room 🤣

We've booked transfers and we're staying at All Stars Movies the night before.
Are you sure your pre-cruise transfers are scheduled to be from WDW and not the airport? As I recall, transfers default to airport and you need to let DCL know you'll be at a resort instead.

Are you sure your pre-cruise transfers are scheduled to be from WDW and not the airport? As I recall, transfers default to airport and you need to let DCL know you'll be at a resort instead.

I think this is only if you purchase transfers at booking or online? I sent an email to DCL to add my transfers, giving my WDW resort confirmation numbers. Or I did it in the chat, I can't remember.

We called to add the transfers and booked them from All Stars to Port Canaveral then Port Canaveral to Caribbean Beach.

They didn't ask for any reservation numbers so I thought it might be something we'd add at check in. Then during check in I tried a few different formats but nothing opened up an option to add where we're staying the night before, only after the cruise. Because of this, I'm struggling to see how things will get linked up and worried about scrambling at the last second.

We called to add the transfers and booked them from All Stars to Port Canaveral then Port Canaveral to Caribbean Beach.

They didn't ask for any reservation numbers so I thought it might be something we'd add at check in. Then during check in I tried a few different formats but nothing opened up an option to add where we're staying the night before, only after the cruise. Because of this, I'm struggling to see how things will get linked up and worried about scrambling at the last second.

Did you receive an email confirmation? When I added mine, I received an email with updated invoice totals and the details.

Hello everyone I spoke to DCL on the phone they said bell service should be booked automatically so there's no need to book bell service whilst I was on the phone I said to them when I contacted Walt Disney World why didn't they know about it they said the contact center at Walt Disney World won't provide information for that but however the front desk will have a welcome letter that I could collect if I don't receive an email and they will know more than the contact center at Walt Disney World

Did you receive an email confirmation? When I added mine, I received an email with updated invoice totals and the details.
Not that I can see, we can see the ground transfers on our fare breakdown on the navigator app but it doesn't have any detail beyond the price, no resort info.

Do you think it's worth calling DCL to check the info they have?

DCL will send you an email a day or two before embarkation with the specifics. The actual resort reservation isn't really material (for example one can stay at the Dolphin and catch the DCL Transfers from Beach Club). As long as the transfers are on your receipt you should be fine. Maybe try chat if that helps.

Not that I can see, we can see the ground transfers on our fare breakdown on the navigator app but it doesn't have any detail beyond the price, no resort info.

Do you think it's worth calling DCL to check the info they have?

Did you have to select a port arrival time/BG or were you assigned one? If the latter, they know where you're coming from.

Hello everyone I spoke to DCL on the phone they said bell service should be booked automatically so there's no need to book bell service whilst I was on the phone I said to them when I contacted Walt Disney World why didn't they know about it they said the contact center at Walt Disney World won't provide information for that but however the front desk will have a welcome letter that I could collect if I don't receive an email and they will know more than the contact center at Walt Disney World
This is true. If you called the main WDW number, it goes to a call center that may not even be in Florida. Unfortunately, the phone rep may have never set foot in a WDW resort. Since the cruise transfers are provided by DCL, the WDW call center will not know anything. The actual front desk at the resort should be familiar once you are onsite.

Bell services doesn't need to be booked or scheduled in advance. It's just something available on request at the resort (luggage services at a value resort).

ETA: You'll receive an email from DCL a day or so prior to embarkation, that letter will have all the details of your transfers -- what time to meet, where, when Bell Services collects luggage, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter