WDW Resort and the transfer to the cruise. The WDW contact center didn't understand what I was saying.

Did you have to select a port arrival time/BG or were you assigned one? If the latter, they know where you're coming from.
We were assigned one so that gives me a bit of reassurance.

Normally I just trust in Disney magic but this is one of the few times I'm going "but how will they know?!" šŸ˜„

We were assigned one so that gives me a bit of reassurance.

Normally I just trust in Disney magic but this is one of the few times I'm going "but how will they know?!" šŸ˜„

The email that gets sent out is pretty detailed, I think I received ours 2 days before the cruise, it said what time to be where and what time to have the luggage ready. I think we went to breakfast a little after 7 and by the time we came back, the luggage had been picked up.

And really there were people from DCL there at least 15 minutes before the time listed in the email.

A screenshot for reference

1712344086953.png

Heads Up: if your online check-in for the cruise says ā€œPending,ā€ donā€™t get your knickers in a wad thinking something is wrong there, either. This is another thing you may be waiting to happen until just before Sail Date. We think itā€™s a human processing these and doing them in the order of the cruises. And sometimes it is processed quickly. šŸ¤”

It takes many of us a long time to finally let go and accept that This Is The Way, even with reassurance from our internet fellows and calls to DCL.

hen during check in I tried a few different formats but nothing opened up an option to add where we're staying the night before, only after the cruise.
This is because you've already booked to be picked up at a specific resort. When you've done that, it won't let you add anything online and basically locks that option down. That's actually a good indication that you're properly booked from the resort.

I said to them when I contacted Walt Disney World why didn't they know about it they said the contact center at Walt Disney World won't provide information for that
The call centre will definitely not know anything about this. If you want to talk to someone at the resort, you need to physically go to the front desk, not call - it always redirects to a call centre. The actual front desk will know more about the process. I asked when checking in at AKL if we would get the normal letter on the door I was used to seeing and that's when they told me that I'd get an e-mail but, if not, to come to the front desk and get the information the day before.

I'm struggling to see how things will get linked up and worried about scrambling at the last second.
I get that. I stress out every time we do this, but we've done this through DCL 11 times, including 3 times in Europe, and they've never failed to pick up our luggage on time and put us on a bus. But if you don't get that e-mail two days prior, go down to the front desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel youā€™ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter