WDW Resort Crawl - Where to go?

Dis4Us2

Earning My Ears
We have a small group of gals spending a "free" afternoon and thought we would do a resort crawl to some of the properties to see what unusual, delightful, properties we have not had the pleasure of staying at. From Downtown Disney as our starting point with about 4 or 5 hours to tour and have lunch, what most unusual properties could you suggest we stop at? Thanks for the input.

My best friend and I just got back from a girls trip last week and we did just this. We visited a bunch of resorts. One day after AK, we visited AKL.

We stayed at POFQ but also walked over to POR and ate at their food court and checked it out.

Our longest crawl was after Epcot one day. We took the monorail to the TTC...from there walked to the Poly, walked to the GF from there, took the monorail from there to CR, then boated from CR to WL. Of course we stopped for snacks and drinks at each. :goodvibes

My best friend and I just got back from a girls trip last week and we did just this. We visited a bunch of resorts. One day after AK, we visited AKL.

We stayed at POFQ but also walked over to POR and ate at their food court and checked it out.

Our longest crawl was after Epcot one day. We took the monorail to the TTC...from there walked to the Poly, walked to the GF from there, took the monorail from there to CR, then boated from CR to WL. Of course we stopped for snacks and drinks at each. :goodvibes

Thanks....thought that would be a natural progression. I have never been to one of the All Stars, AKL, or Wilderness Lodge. Wondering if the new All Star Animation has anything "new" or "different" to see...as well as the other two lodges?

If you want unusual and have never been in highly suggest AKL. What other hotels anywhere can you have a drink or dine while looking over a savanna of exotic animals. I would start there and then take a bus to DHS, then walk or take a boat to Boardwalk area with it's 5 hotels and numerous dining/entertainment options.

We like to do as a PP suggested and do a monorail crawl, and then take the boat to WL. You could even then check out Ft. Wilderness and their tavern. Another option is to go to the Boardwalk area: you can do Boardwalk Inn/Villas, the actual Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, and then the Swan and Dolphin. All within easy walking distance.

I would second the Magic Kingdom area resorts. You can walk between Poly and GF and between WL and the Campground. If weather comes in or just need to take a break, you can always just hop on the monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter