WDW Resort shower heads

clkranz

Earning My Ears
My DH wants to know if anyone has ever swapped out a Disney resort shower head with one that you’ve brought along with you. He complains about the low water pressure and the poor spray coverage of the shower heads that are installed, and wants to bring his own along to swap out once we get into the room.

First of all, has anyone ever done this? If so, do you swap back the original shower head after every morning shower in fear that Mousekeeping will take away your replaced shower head during the day’s cleaning? Or do you leave your shower head installed for the entire duration of your stay? If you leave it installed the full time, has Mousekeeping, or the resort management, ever said anything about it?

Thank you for your responses!

No, can't say I've ever done that.

To be honest, the last several trips we have taken I have actually commented to my husband about how great the water pressure has been. Have you been recently? I feel like the water pressure has improved from years past.

Now the thing that drives me crazy is when the shower curtain continuously billows up and "attacks" me.

i can't say that i ever have lmao. the last time we stayed was almost two years ago and the water pressure was really high (this was at OKW). i've never done it so i'm not sure how feasible it would be.

Never have. As a PO said, I found the water presser to be better then in the pass. As for the spray coverage, maybe it depends on the resort, but that can also be adjusted.

I freakin' LOVED the Heavenly showers at the Swan, they include an overhead rain experience and the handheld too.

Would I ever change one out at any hotel? No. I've stayed at some poor holes, resident camps and our RV so I'm used to it, i just suck it up, shower and get on with my day.

My DH wants to know if anyone has ever swapped out a Disney resort shower head with one that you’ve brought along with you. He complains about the low water pressure and the poor spray coverage of the shower heads that are installed, and wants to bring his own along to swap out once we get into the room.

First of all, has anyone ever done this? If so, do you swap back the original shower head after every morning shower in fear that Mousekeeping will take away your replaced shower head during the day’s cleaning? Or do you leave your shower head installed for the entire duration of your stay? If you leave it installed the full time, has Mousekeeping, or the resort management, ever said anything about it?

Thank you for your responses!

What resort are you staying at? At Pop, the newly renovated rooms have the rainfall type showerhead (Two of them, actually, one of them is handheld). I think that we had those when we stayed at AKL as well, but honestly I wasn't paying that much attention to the showerhead. I don't think those could be easily swapped. The very thought of doing this seems rather absurd to me.

Nope, never. My husband complains about me bringing my own bath and body foam hand soap. He would think I was nuts if I mentioned a shower head! :rotfl:

Nope that’s a new one to me but I do bring my own toilet paper so if it matters to him I guess I can see why he would want to. I’m not sure about messing with plumbing though.

I’ve never done it, but I like the way your husband thinks. The only resort where I’ve found higher enough water pressure to get my very long hair clean in a timely manner is at the Poly. Tbh, I’m not sure a different shower head will solve the problem. I’m guessing I t’s the plumbing and a water control feature. I kept trying to solve this exact issue in an apartment many years ago with different shower heads. Finally a friend who was knowledgeable about plumbing told me the water pressure was being being controlled in order to conserve water and switching shower heads wouldn’t make any difference. I think many hotels, Disney included, likely do what the apartment did where I once lived. I don’t know for sure that this is the case; just a guess.

Tell your husband to lighten up. They aren’t low-flow showerheads, so he’ll survive. As many have posted, the pressure is fine

Thank goodness most hotels don’t do low flow heads. Stayed at a hotel in Minneapolis that touted how “green” it was, to include their low flow heads. I swear a 5 minute shower turned to 15 with the pathetic excuse for a dribble those showers. I’d hate any place that adopted those.

It's definitely a violation of hotel policy to modify or work on a fixture like that. I don't mean to be the buzz kill here but it is what it is.

You may think changing a shower head is no big deal, but - for example - what if you partially broke off the arm in the wall, didn't realize it, and flooded rooms below you? Those are pretty thin, soft metal, and these hotels have been around a while and are used and abused daily, so who knows what condition these things are in?

Please leave fixtures alone. Thanks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter