WDW Resort WiFi or cell data for best early access to G+ and ILL$?

jmjwdw

Earning My Ears
Which internet access is best for capturing those earlier opportunities when at a WDW Resort?

WDW wifi is weak when you need it.
Plus 100's of other gst are using also.
We stayed at the Swan last in 2021 (before G+) and it had great wifi, but the amount of guests were limited so I question the actual saturation of the network.

Cellular. Even if you do a speed test at 6:50 and Wi-Fi tests faster, it will be bogged down at 7:00 when everyone and their brother are trying to land the best fast passes.

Cell data. Also I recommend checking out the reception the night before. Sometimes going outside or walking to the end of the hall helps service.

Another vote for cell data. WiFi in the resorts can be sketchy at times. In the morning when trying to purchase Genie + or especially ILL$ or VQ, wifi tends to be at its worth due to the high useage.

Cell data. You might have to go outside to get the best speed.

Don't laugh.... I have sometimes found the highest data speeds to be in the Disney resort room's restroom. My friend has also tried this and experienced the same. I have scored Rise, Remy, and GOTG hanging out by my shower. haha

Cell data. You might have to go outside to get the best speed.

Don't laugh.... I have sometimes found the highest data speeds to be in the Disney resort room's restroom. My friend has also tried this and experienced the same. I have scored Rise, Remy, and GOTG hanging out by my shower. haha
This! I found that, weirdly enough, if I stood facing the wall near the hanging ironing board at All Star Music I had some of the best service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter