WDW September 2020 at the Poly

Stargazer65

Disney Honorary Bus Driver since 2009
Just back from a first time stay at the Poly. Five of us (Me, wife, three teens) in a studio for 8 nights. We are used to sharing a bathroom in our household, and with the extra sink and shower, it actually seemed like a luxury. I’m very partial to the rain shower. The teens are used to bunk beds at home, so the pull out beds were no big deal for them to use. Granted we mostly used the place as a crash pad, not as a hangout, but I have to say I felt we had enough room. Typical day for us this trip was me getting up first and sitting in the rain shower for ten minutes, making coffee, and then try to wake everyone else up. We usually microwaved grits, ate cereal bars, or any leftovers from the previous day. If we were in a hurry, we ate at our destination, but had a few breakfast plans as well.

Resort was uncrowded and laid back, both pools were relatively quiet. At the resort we ate at Capt Cook’s for 1 breakfast, Kona Cafe for 1 lunch, and made two trips to the Pineapple Lanai. There was an open house at a bungalow, nice place.

Other resorts we visited: Olivia’s for breakfast (liked), toured OKW. Walked to Grand Floridian and back at night. Checked out the Riviera, pretty and shiny new, went into a Tower Studio on display while there. Rode the Skyline to DHS, went to the Contemporary on the way to Whispering Canyon for dinner (REALLY liked), toured resort while there including a Copper Creek Cabin, also nice place.

Parks: We went to MK, kids went to DHS. Love Sleepy Hollow waffles with Nutella and fruit. We ate dinner at Be our Guest (Love the castle, Beast made a visit. Food was good, but not sure it was worth the price of dinner). Lines were not bad. Got our last probable ride on old school Splash Mountain. Then we went to DS at closing. Kids rode a bus from DHS to SSR thinking to walk to DS and meet us, and they got lost (walking in a circle in a loop in the dark) hahaha

At DS we ate at Planet Hollywood, just had drinks and appetizers and liked it.

Other places we visited: Universal Studios, Universal Islands of Adventure, and Citywalk. Ate at Chocolate Emporium (REALLY liked), Margaritaville (Liked), Bubba Gump (Liked), Voodoo Donut (Liked). The waitress at Margaritaville, made our day, she was fun. When I put my Disney Rewards Visa on the check, she said in a serious voice “I’m sorry, we can’t take Disney cards here” She actually had me going for a minute then she laughed. LOL Went to 3 Broomsticks twice for dinner, pretty good for the price, also they have Butterbeer which is really good but costs way too much IMO for what is basically cream soda and butterscotch syrup haha.

We also went to a German restaurant in downtown Sanford called Willow Tree. It was excellent. Also, the band that was there plays at the German pavilion in EPCOT I heard. We also went to a place called Mia’s Italian Kitchen on International Drive for pizza and it was excellent.

We had a nice trip. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Sounds like it was an excellent trip. Kona Cafe = Kona blend coffee to me. Love that stuff. How long did it take the kids to find their way to DS, to get unlost?

How long did it take the kids to find their way to DS, to get unlost?

I'm not totally sure how long they wandered around. Probably about a half hour but I think it seemed longer to them then it really was. It was a smart decision to go to SSR, but I think they forgot how big it is and just got off at the first bus stop, I'm not sure where that was. There is a bus stop at Congress Park, right? Am I correct in thinking that's where you should get off if you wanted to walk to DS?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter