• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAS News
Sorry, the site that cannot be mentioned announced that the new version within the app will launch Oct 19.

It will require the new pre-registration but no info on when the preregistration video chat will be available... so not really very much news except we're moving towards a date.

DAS News
Sorry, the site that cannot be mentioned announced that the new version within the app will launch Oct 19.

It will require the new pre-registration but no info on when the preregistration video chat will be available... so not really very much news except we're moving towards a date.

What will require pre registration?

From what Disney announced, the only thing that requires pre registration is if you want to book ADVANCE DAS selections. I confirmed with a guest Relations CM that anyone with a DAS could use the app to get return times in the parks day of, regardless of the method used to obtain the DAS.

ETA: from Disney's site

For Disneyland:

This fall, 2 new features will be added to the DAS program: (1) The opportunity to preregister via live video call and use DAS Advance pre-arrival planning and (2) A convenient way to select DAS return times through the Disneyland mobile app.

Same-Day DAS Return Time Self-Selection Tool

A new way to request return times is also debuting this fall. In lieu of having to physically go to a Guest Relations location to obtain a return time from a Cast Member, Guests registered in the DAS program (and their party members) will be able to make return time selections right from the Disneyland mobile app during the day of their park visit.

For WDW:

Same-Day DAS Return Time Self-Selection Tool
A new way to request return times is also debuting this fall. In lieu of having to physically go to an experience or to a kiosk to obtain a return time from a Cast Member, Guests registered in the DAS program (and their party members) will be able to make return time selections right from the My Disney Experience app during the day of a park visit.

DAS News

That site that cannot be mentioned seems to have edited only part of their post. So, they have some inconsistencies in their article.

I have seen posts in various forums/Facebook sites indicating Guest Relations CMs have given them various start dates for DAS users to be able to make/modify DAS Return Times in the app - everything from October 19 with the Genie roll out, to one week later, to 2 weeks before Thanksgiving or Christmas. So, I guess we will know for sure when Disney changes their DAS page or people start using it.

I have been wondering if anyone knows if (after Genie+ launches) the DAS can be used on lines that now will require individual payment. For example, we always used DAS to ride Flight of Passage or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Will the DAS still be available on those rides or do you now have to pay for those? A CM told me tonight that you have to pay and can’t use DAS on those rides but they are often wrong.

I have been wondering if anyone knows if (after Genie+ launches) the DAS can be used on lines that now will require individual payment. For example, we always used DAS to ride Flight of Passage or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Will the DAS still be available on those rides or do you now have to pay for those? A CM told me tonight that you have to pay and can’t use DAS on those rides but they are often wrong.
Some DIS site staff had a preview of Genie and have written a post about the details of how it will work. Per what is in the article, those attractions will still have Standby lines, so guests using DAS would be able to get a DAS Return Time based on the Standby wait.
wdwinfo Genie details

Screenshots from article.
AE7794CF-1B8A-4A58-B19B-B13A19EB5C75.jpegFCDB5D22-D55A-4139-A58B-D12EAC4BC531.jpeg

Points from article:
- ALL attractions will have a either a Standby Line or virtual queue available.
- guests have the option to ride without purchasing either Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane.
- some of the Individual Lightning Lane attractions may have Boarding Groups. Those would work like Rise of the Resistance and Ratatouille currently operate (guests using DAS would need to have a Boarding Group; when that time comes, indicate they are using DAS and be directed to another entrance.

- only one Genie + Lightning Lane selection can be held at a time: exception being when a guest’s next selection time window is more than 120 minutes away. In that case, Disney Genie+ will allow a second selection to be held.

I have seen posts where people have written a guest can only purchase a total of 2 Individual Lightning Lane Selections a day and can’t purchase the same attraction twice. The First screenshot (which is from Disney) confirms 2 per day and does say « 2 different » which also confirms not doing the same attraction twice.

Some DIS site staff had a preview of Genie and have written a post about the details of how it will work. Per what is in the article, those attractions will still have Standby lines, so guests using DAS would be able to get a DAS Return Time based on the Standby wait.
wdwinfo Genie details

That is what I understand as well. Standby lines will exists for all rides except Ratatouille since it has boarding groups. The CM didn’t deny that standby would exist just that to access the Lightning Lane you would be required to pay for the ride so a DAS return time would not be issued. I think this is wrong but I guess we will see next week.

That is what I understand as well. Standby lines will exists for all rides except Ratatouille since it has boarding groups. The CM didn’t deny that standby would exist just that to access the Lightning Lane you would be required to pay for the ride so a DAS return time would not be issued. I think this is wrong but I guess we will see next week.
I think it is wrong, based on what Disney has published about virtual queues.
This is what the Disney Blog says specifically about Ratatouille:
»As a reminder, attractions continue to offer a traditional standby queue or from time to time, a virtual queue may instead be used at select attractions, like right now at Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure. »

It sounds like the virtual queue (ie. Boarding Group) will be fluid - for Example, when Boarding Groups for Rise of the Resistance we’re not filling up, they were temporarily discontinued.

Link to Disney Parks Blog 10/8/21

Link to Disney Parks Blog 9/23/21 pausing virtual queue at Rise

It appears the Video Chat is now available!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/disability-access-service/register/

Ready to Chat with a Cast Member?
When you’re ready to chat with a Cast Member to register for DAS, you can engage in a live video chat using the “Request Live Video Chat” button below.
Make sure the device has a working camera and a microphone. You must review and accept the Terms & Conditions before requesting a live video chat.

Other Important Things to Note
  • Live chat is available from 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM Eastern Time.
  • The recording of this video chat is not permitted.
  • The Guest requesting DAS (or their parent/guardian) must be 18 years of age or older to register. The Guest requesting to use DAS must be present during the video call.
  • If you've not logged in to your Disney account, you'll be prompted to log in. If you don’t have a Disney account, you’ll need to create one before continuing.
  • Video chat is screen reader-friendly for Guests with visual disabilities and available with text chat for Guests with hearing disabilities.
  • At this time, live chat is offered in English only.

Experiences available for the Advanced Planning:

Q. What attractions are available for Guests using the Disability Access Service (DAS) Advance planning option?

A. After you’ve registered for DAS, a Cast Member will assist you in booking up to 2 one-hour return windows per day for select experiences. Experiences may include:

Magic Kingdom Park
  • The Barnstormer
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Haunted Mansion
  • "it's a small world"
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Mad Tea Party
  • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic
  • Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Splash Mountain
  • Tomorrowland Speedway
  • Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
EPCOT
  • Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
  • Journey Into Imagination With Figment
  • Living with the Land
  • Mission: SPACE
  • The Seas with Nemo & Friends
  • Soarin' Around the World
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Test Track
  • Turtle Talk With Crush
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • Alien Swirling Saucers
  • Beauty & The Beast Live on Stage
  • Disney Junior Play & Dance!
  • For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
  • Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
  • Muppet*Vision 3D
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
  • Slinky Dog Dash
  • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
  • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
  • Toy Story Mania!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
  • The Animation Experience at Conservation Station
  • DINOSAUR
  • Feathered Friends in Flight!
  • Festival of the Lion King
  • It's Tough to be a Bug!
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Na'vi River Journey
If an experience is available, you’ll be given a one-hour return window to redeem during the day of your visit. Any selections you make will appear as plans on the My Disney Experience app or on this website.

*Please note that attractions are subject to change and may not be available at all on the day of visit or at the time that you request. Availability can change throughout the day. To learn about any closures or long-term refurbishments, please view details about the attraction on our website or mobile app.

It appears the Video Chat is now available!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/disability-access-service/register/

Ready to Chat with a Cast Member?
When you’re ready to chat with a Cast Member to register for DAS, you can engage in a live video chat using the “Request Live Video Chat” button below.
Make sure the device has a working camera and a microphone. You must review and accept the Terms & Conditions before requesting a live video chat.

Other Important Things to Note
  • Live chat is available from 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM Eastern Time.
  • The recording of this video chat is not permitted.
  • The Guest requesting DAS (or their parent/guardian) must be 18 years of age or older to register. The Guest requesting to use DAS must be present during the video call.
  • If you've not logged in to your Disney account, you'll be prompted to log in. If you don’t have a Disney account, you’ll need to create one before continuing.
  • Video chat is screen reader-friendly for Guests with visual disabilities and available with text chat for Guests with hearing disabilities.
  • At this time, live chat is offered in English only.
This is awesome! Can you remind me how far in advance we can do this? Is it 30 days to a day or two before you arrive?

Can you remind me how far in advance we can do this? Is it 30 days to a day or two before you arrive?
Between 2 and 30 days in advance.

ETA: all days of your trip must fall within the 2-30 day pre-planning window. You need to already have your tickets and park reservations, and you must have your Friends & Family linked.

Last edited:

Q. What attractions are available for Guests using the Disability Access Service (DAS) Advance planning option?

A. After you’ve registered for DAS, a Cast Member will assist you in booking up to 2 one-hour return windows per day for select experiences. Experiences may include:

Magic Kingdom Park
  • The Barnstormer
  • Haunted Mansion
  • "it's a small world"
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Splash Mountain
  • Tomorrowland Speedway
EPCOT
  • Living with the Land
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Test Track
  • Turtle Talk With Crush
  • Alien Swirling Saucers
  • Muppet*Vision 3D
  • Slinky Dog Dash
  • Toy Story Mania!
  • DINOSAUR
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Na'vi River Journey
If an experience is available, you’ll be given a one-hour return window to redeem during the day of your visit. Any selections you make will appear as plans on the My Disney Experience app or on this website.

*Please note that attractions are subject to change and may not be available at all on the day of visit or at the time that you request. Availability can change throughout the day. To learn about any closures or long-term refurbishments, please view details about the attraction on our website or mobile app.
OK, so I notice not included in these lists are rides that you can purchase an IAS for. Does that mean that we, for instance, can not get a return time for Space Mountain or Rise of the Resistance or Flight of Passage? Will we have to buy access to those rides? I know that no one may know for sure right now, but this is what concerns me.

OK, so I notice not included in these lists are rides that you can purchase an IAS for. Does that mean that we, for instance, can not get a return time for Space Mountain or Rise of the Resistance or Flight of Passage? Will we have to buy access to those rides? I know that no one may know for sure right now, but this is what concerns me.
I haven't seen that specifically addressed, though I'm still reading through the info.

It does seem as through the in-app ability to schedule return times is not yet live -- whether that will begin 10/19 with the Genie app or not remains to be seen.

I haven't seen that specifically addressed, though I'm still reading through the info.

It does seem as through the in-app ability to schedule return times is not yet live -- whether that will begin 10/19 with the Genie app or not remains to be seen.
I read through the site and it doesn't mention it. I'll be setting this up before my Thanksgiving week visit when I hit 30 days and this is something I'm definitely going to ask.

Magic Kingdom Park
  • The Barnstormer
  • Haunted Mansion
  • "it's a small world"
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Splash Mountain
  • Tomorrowland Speedway
EPCOT
  • Living with the Land
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Test Track
  • Turtle Talk With Crush
  • Alien Swirling Saucers
  • Muppet*Vision 3D
  • Slinky Dog Dash
  • Toy Story Mania!
  • DINOSAUR
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Na'vi River Journey

So the ILL rides ARE excluded. At least for this. Which makes me nervous about basic DAS.

This is addressed in the information Disney has given about Genie+

wdwinfo wrote an article after they got a preview of Genie. This is a quote from the article:
»I feel that it’s important to note that either a standby line or virtual queue will be offered at each attraction. Guests who would rather not purchase Genie+ or Individual Lighting Lane selections will still have access to the attractions they’d like to ride. »

And, this screenshot from the Disney website confirms the ILAS attractions will have Standby Lines (Top left column)
978EDB03-B8DE-402F-9BE8-07D23366C0A2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter