• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I knew 5 were allowed, so sounds like you will have no issues. I don’t know what happens if someone had a larger number, like 7

The new Park Pass reservation system differentiates between APs staying on site and pulling from your AP allocation. When you book as an AP with an onsite stay - you tie the Park Pass reservations to a hotel reservation.

It is feasible that @SarahC97 could lose her Park Pass reservations if they were tied to an onsite stay - even if she has her 5 AP reservations available. I don't actually know what happens in this situation.

I only say this because of the way the new Park Pass reservation system ties a reservation to a specific on site hotel stay.

It is confusing for me as a DVC Member too because we often do split stays and on the transition night, I can technically choose either reservation to tie it to. I also need to be careful about changing reservations (like if I switched hotels and did it using a different reservation number), which I sometimes do. But I haven't done anything recently to confirm if lets say replacing one reservation with another would cause me to lose Park Passes associated it with the original reservation.

If they were booked in the system using the 5 AP reservations allowed, then there shouldn't be any problem.

How does DAS work with Genie+? If you can only get one LL for a ride with Genie+, what about DAS? DS loves to ride things multiple times.

The new Park Pass reservation system differentiates between APs staying on site and pulling from your AP allocation. When you book as an AP with an onsite stay - you tie the Park Pass reservations to a hotel reservation.

It is feasible that @SarahC97 could lose her Park Pass reservations if they were tied to an onsite stay - even if she has her 5 AP reservations available. I don't actually know what happens in this situation.

I only say this because of the way the new Park Pass reservation system ties a reservation to a specific on site hotel stay.

It is confusing for me as a DVC Member too because we often do split stays and on the transition night, I can technically choose either reservation to tie it to. I also need to be careful about changing reservations (like if I switched hotels and did it using a different reservation number), which I sometimes do. But I haven't done anything recently to confirm if lets say replacing one reservation with another would cause me to lose Park Passes associated it with the original reservation.

If they were booked in the system using the 5 AP reservations allowed, then there shouldn't be any problem.
We noticed that too

I will let you all know if anything happens when I cancel my onsite stay. I'm not too terribly worried about it, but I am curious if anything will happen.

On a side note, I'm trying to do the pre-arrival DAS registration this morning. I got on right at 7, so it's been over an hour. Wonder how long this is going to take! Luckily, I've got all day.

Last edited:
Just to report on the pre-arrival DAS - I jumped on at 7 am this morning. I went through the pre-screening at about 8:30, then waited about 20 minutes and did the video chat to get the pre-approval for DAS. Now I'm waiting to schedule the two pre-arrival DAS ride times per day and it's just after 9. I'm not sure how long this will take, but I was expecting it to take far longer to get to this point than it has.

Also interesting to note, the CM that I spoke to on the video chat told me that this DAS is good until December 26 -- 60 days from today. I don't know why, but I guess I assumed it would be good for 60 days after your arrival, but it's actually 60 days from when you do this pre-registration according to her.

Question - I went through the pre-arrival DAS on video chat prior to 10/19/21 when Genie launched, my trip doesn't start until mid-November. In MDE, should I see the DAS Tile? I assumed it would show up for my first park day because that is when my DAS technically starts. But I saw someone else mention that it showed up right after they finished their chat and wasn't sure if others had already started to see the DAS tile popup and if I should contact them via chat again to get this corrected. Thanks!
A CM told me in chat this morning that the DAS tile will pop up after we've scanned into the park.

Unfortunately, we are in a situation where DS who needs DAS is in school during the day. And I assume that evenings and weekends are absolutely slammed on the chat. I've tried for 3 days now. Right now I am over 3.5 hours from the initial start button on the chat. Have not talked to anybody yet.

Also interesting to note, the CM that I spoke to on the video chat told me that this DAS is good until December 26 -- 60 days from today. I don't know why, but I guess I assumed it would be good for 60 days after your arrival, but it's actually 60 days from when you do this pre-registration according to her.
The website says DAS is valid for 60 days after registration.
That is what it has been previously.
A CM told me in chat this morning that the DAS tile will pop up after we've scanned into the park.
When the person registered for DAS has scanned in to enter the park, log into My Disney Experience app, then tap the 3 lines on the far right side of the bottom menu bar.
Scroll down the page until you see the DAS button
9E610FA2-FFE3-4136-9F4E-616DF1539FBC.jpeg

when you tap that, it will open a page of DAS Eligible attractions.

Unfortunately, we are in a situation where DS who needs DAS is in school during the day. And I assume that evenings and weekends are absolutely slammed on the chat. I've tried for 3 days now. Right now I am over 3.5 hours from the initial start button on the chat. Have not talked to anybody yet.
I joined the queue at exactly 7AM on a Saturday and completed the whole process by 9AM so it is possible on a weekend.

I joined the queue at exactly 7AM on a Saturday and completed the whole process by 9AM so it is possible on a weekend.
Well, work schedule does not allow that except for Sundays. Just got home now and hopped on to try again. If not, will try again tomorrow.

What is involved in the DAS video prescreening? I always received my pass in person and was never asked any questions. I am a VIP (Visually Impaired Person) legally blind and as soon as I walked into guest relations with my white cane they never ask any questions. When I call from home I will not have my cane with me because that would be silly. So what are they going to ask?

What is involved in the DAS video prescreening? I always received my pass in person and was never asked any questions. I am a VIP (Visually Impaired Person) legally blind and as soon as I walked into guest relations with my white cane they never ask any questions. When I call from home I will not have my cane with me because that would be silly. So what are they going to ask?
For my son, they asked me this: "What kinds of things keep him from handling a regular queue line experience or long waits?" I answered accordingly and the CM understood based on his issues. They also asked if he'd had it before, although that was PROBABLY just to know if we were familiar with how the program works.

You need to explain why your disability makes it difficult for you to wait in the standard queue and why you need to wait elsewhere for your turn to ride.

They should have been asking you this previously, no idea why they didn’t..

You need to explain why your disability makes it difficult for you to wait in the standard queue and why you need to wait elsewhere for your turn to ride.

They should have been asking you this previously, no idea why they didn’t..
I may have been ask a couple of time but I have been getting the pass for decades and my standard answer is if I am not holding the elbow of my sighted guide I tend to be like a bull in a china shop knocking into people especially children.

My 30 day window opens today! I am patiently waiting with the chat window open and have been since about 7am, I kind of hoped there would at least be a way of seeing how many were in the queue ahead of me! I am using Safari, as I forgot to switch to Chrome, but figure as its now 7.40, its not worth changing and going to the back of the queue!

Am I right in thinking for pre-selection (assuming I am accepted, never bene an issue in the past), individual lining line attractions are off limits, such as Space Mountain and RoTR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter