• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I’m back in the queue. Took 13 minutes for it to “open” and not say the message from last night. I haven’t been up this early for WDW on my day off since they used to drop free dining haha!

Well, I’m back in the queue. Took 13 minutes for it to “open” and not say the message from last night. I haven’t been up this early for WDW on my day off since they used to drop free dining haha!
Thanks for posting that you were getting in line. I'm in Europe and I mixed up the time zones. I just completed my first hour of waiting.

I got logged in at 7:05 Eastern time, so I’ve been waiting about 1 hour 50 minutes at this point.
My DD is fast asleep, so if they get to me before I get her up, I’ll need to check if her picture can be retaken in a park.

I’m in the waiting que today as well. Logged on yesterday at 11 am and after refreshing until 5 pm could not get logged back on. Tried again this morning to find a connection notice from 9 pm last night. Sorry I didn’t make it 10 hours yesterday.

DS sleeps until noon so they’re going to get a crappy picture if they connect before then. Good luck every one

I was online at 6:50 yesterday, refreshing the page until it let me open the chat. At exactly 7:00 a.m. I still had to wait 4 and 1/2 hours. Then I got one of the ones who reserve one day and said I have to contact them again every morning. Glad I took the day off work just in case.
I'm really hoping that this is a side effect of cast members having this weekend off for the holiday and not a bad sign for our dates. :scared1:

Just finished both chats. Got connected with the first to video chat the DAS approval at about 5 1/2 hours from logging on at open. Took about 10 minutes with the first video chat, they put me through to the other to reserve the Advance DAS selections. They let me select all days. Took about 15 minutes. Got all selections I wanted. The only thing was I wanted afternoon times at HS but ended up with late evening for slinky and tower of terror. But that’s okay.
I really hope they continue to work on this as this and get more workers or something. It should not be this hard or have to take this long to do this.

I just finished the marathon- registered and got DAS Advance Selections all scheduled.

Got into the text chat portion at 7:05am Eastern Time (6:05 for me) and got a human at 11:28am Eastern Time. My daughter was sleeping for her picture - she had 2 seizures this morning and is still asleep.
The text chat to arrange DAS Advance Selections was better than in February - then, the CM took all my choices at once and gave me a big list including all of them that she arranged. This time, she asked for choices for 5 days at a time, but gave me what she found one day at a time for me to OK. Much easier!
I had typed out a list of park reservations and choices for each day on my iPad, thinking I could copy and paste it into the chat. That did not work - I was able to copy it, but it wouldn‘t paste. Luckily, I had a written page of notes.

I was online at 6:50 yesterday, refreshing the page until it let me open the chat. At exactly 7:00 a.m. I still had to wait 4 and 1/2 hours. Then I got one of the ones who reserve one day and said I have to contact them again every morning. Glad I took the day off work just in case.
I'm really hoping that this is a side effect of cast members having this weekend off for the holiday and not a bad sign for our dates. :scared1:
I wish every CM would reserve the selections for the entire trip. I’m sorry you got one that did not. I was lucky to have gotten a CM that did book my selections for the length of stay. If they want to help alleviate the call volume daily and the ridiculous wait times, this is what they need to do. One call and done on first day on 30 days before trip begins. We all need to write in and request this be done.

Were your days within 30 to 2 days of your first park visit?
What reason did the CM give for only doing one day at a time?

The WDW website still says all days must be within 30 - 2 days of the first park visit.
Since you are already registered, you should be able to just click the link to go directly into the DAS Advance Selection planning text chat, which has much shorter wait (like 10 minutes or less).

I wish every CM would reserve the selections for the entire trip. I’m sorry you got one that did not. I was lucky to have gotten a CM that did book my selections for the length of stay. If they want to help alleviate the call volume daily and the ridiculous wait times, this is what they need to do. One call and done on first day on 30 days before trip begins. We all need to write in and request this be done.
I’m not sure if that would help things. Instead of 30 days worth of people calling to register, it might make more.
It‘s not fair now if they are letting some guests register for 30 + the length of the trip and others for what the website says (all visits within 30 - 2 days of first park day). They should either follow what the website says for everyone or change it.
Once a guest is registered, they can click into the DAS Advance Planning text chat, which has a much shorter wait.

These reports of such long wait times are just like when they first started the advanced registration last fall. Then, by the time I did it for my Feb trip, I was in, and done within an hour or so.... wonder why it's changed for the worse again... 😲

These reports of such long wait times are just like when they first started the advanced registration last fall. Then, by the time I did it for my Feb trip, I was in, and done within an hour or so.... wonder why it's changed for the worse again... 😲
spring break, Easter and probably higher attendance levels

Were your days within 30 to 2 days of your first park visit?
What reason did the CM give for only doing one day at a time?

The WDW website still says all days must be within 30 - 2 days of the first park visit.
Since you are already registered, you should be able to just click the link to go directly into the DAS Advance Selection planning text chat, which has much shorter wait (like 10 minutes or less).
It was 30 days out from park days, which are all in a row. She said each day can be reserved at 30-2 days out from that day only... Which is technically what the website says. I asked if it matters that we're staying on site to do length of stay, in hopes that she might decide to be nice and let me do other days but no dice. (I know it has nothing to do with being on site, I was just hoping to get it over with)
The link this morning for just selection was a much faster process, if it wasn't we could have waited till we got there.

I got logged in at 7:05 Eastern time, so I’ve been waiting about 1 hour 50 minutes at this point.
My DD is fast asleep, so if they get to me before I get her up, I’ll need to check if her picture can be retaken in a park.
Doesn't the person the DAS is for have to be present for the video chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter