WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who has not used the newest version of DAS (through the app) or the online pre-registration process yet, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed just by reading through the posts. I just wanted to thank those that had posted because it takes some of the anxiety of the unknown away.

Perdita indicated that because she would be on property should could select 2 rides per day in advance for the length of her stay. Is that the standard? If so, that would mean I need to have my tickets, park reservations and room info all set up in MDE ahead of doing anything with DAS registration, correct?
Everyone in your group needs to have tickets, park reservations and room reservations. The person registering for DAS and anyone you want to have linked to the DAS needs to be listed on your Friends and Family in My Disney Experience.
The person registering for DAS needs to be present - if it’s an adult, they need to register for themselves (unless they have a guardian). Children (or adults who have a guardian) need to be introduced at the start of the video portion of the call and get their picture taken.
I don’t know if the “book Advance Selections for length of stay if staying on property” is the standard, but it is what I was told (unprompted by me) by the CM during my registration video chat. So I suppose YMMV.

For DAS registration you need to have park admission and family & friends all linked up in your MDE (it says this on registration page).

For DAS planning to choose your Advance Selections, you also need to have your park reservations in place (it says this on planning page).
Any Guest can book DAS Advance Selections for their entire length of stay if all park days are within 30 to 2 days of their first park visit.
It‘s been inconsistent whether or guests have been able to book days that are ore than 30 days out.
Some callers were told they were allowed to book the farther out days because they were staying on property. Some who were NOT staying on property were able to. And, some who were staying on property were told they could only book for those days within the 30 day of first park visit window. (Some were recent as even told the CM they were staying property and were told that it was still not allowed).
So plan to be able to do only the days in the 30 - 2 day window and if you are able to fo more, consider It pixie dust

If you do the chat at 23 days out (to make sure your 7 day trip is entirely in the 30 day window) are options for advance selection severely limited at that point, or choices are still pretty good?

Thank you to everyone that provided info. I do have one question though for clarification about the 30-2 day rule. We're goign to wdw on 7/22 (not a park day). We'll be there for park days from 7/23-7/28. On 6/23, I can or cannot make the 2 per day advance selections for my entire stay? Is it 30 days from 7/23 or 7/28 is basically what I'm asking. I realize there has been some variation from cast member to cast member but in general I should try to register on 6/23 correct?

Is it 30 days from 7/23 or 7/28 is basically what I'm asking.
Technically, it’s 30 days from 7/28 to be sure you can do all your park days in 1 chat. Some have been allowed to do this earlier, so you can try at 30 days from 7/23 if you are ok possibly only being allowed to do the 1 day at that point.

Thank you to everyone that provided info. I do have one question though for clarification about the 30-2 day rule. We're goign to wdw on 7/22 (not a park day). We'll be there for park days from 7/23-7/28. On 6/23, I can or cannot make the 2 per day advance selections for my entire stay? Is it 30 days from 7/23 or 7/28 is basically what I'm asking. I realize there has been some variation from cast member to cast member but in general I should try to register on 6/23 correct?
The WDW website still says what it originally said (My bold).
“During the registration chat, you will be able to work with a Cast Member to book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences using our new DAS Advance planning option (you may also make additional DAS selections on the day of your visit). Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat.

It‘s been inconsistent whether or guests have been able to book days that are more than 30 days out.
Some callers were told they were allowed to book the farther out days because they were staying on property. Some who were NOT staying on property were able to. And, some who were staying on property were told they could only book for those days within the 30 day of first park visit window. (Some were recent as even told the CM they were staying property and were told that it was still not allowed).
So plan to be able to do only the days in the 30 - 2 day window and if you are able to fo more, consider It pixie dust

So here is some weirdness:

I always look at the MDE app on my phone. Today I was on my iPad and decided to open the app there to look at something. Lo and behold there was a DAS tile! Wut?!? I quickly looked at my phone - no DAS tile. Now we don’t travel to WDW for several weeks yet, so not sure why it was on the app on my iPad. I thought I had read that the tile doesn’t show up in your app until you tap in to the park.

So I tapped the tile and it showed me DAS-Eligible Options. I tapped Barnstormer and it’s page opened including a tile to request DAS Return Time. I tapped that and got the Confirm Your Party page. I chose my party and tapped Continue. That’s as far as I could go, as we don’t have park rez for today. Why was I able to do this? Why is the DAS tile active in my iPad MDE app?!?

It gets better. A few hours later >boom< DAS tile in the MDE app on my phone! What is going on? Disney IT glitch? Did I misunderstand how DAS works in the app?

Things that make you go Hmmmmm….

I would chalk it up to IT glitch, but maybe they are working on something...

Again thanks to everyone for answering questions. Can I ask about Rise. Our last trip was scheduled for June 2020. Rise, Smugglers run and Mickey and Minnie's all would have been new to us - so they still will be new. I know that Rise has gone through about 4 different versions of how one reserves a ride but can I ask how it works with DAS presently?

I know it now has a standby line so I didn't know if you just go up to the line and ask for a DAS return time or how it works presently.

I anticipate buying a LL once just to make sure we can get on it once but any insight into the DAS process would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I have a couple questions I am hoping someone can clarify? My DH, DS and I have had many trips to WDW, but this is our first trip with my father-in-law. We know we need to apply for DAS for him, and I appreciate all the helpful information in this thread. I definitely feel more prepared to help him with this! My questions are:
Everyone in your group needs to have tickets, park reservations and room reservations. The person registering for DAS and anyone you want to have linked to the DAS needs to be listed on your Friends and Family in My Disney Experience.
The person registering for DAS needs to be present - if it’s an adult, they need to register for themselves (unless they have a guardian). Children (or adults who have a guardian) need to be introduced at the start of the video portion of the call and get their picture taken.
Obviously, my father-in-law would need to be the person on the chat/video chat accepting the terms and answering questions. Does he also need to have his own MDE account, or can I still be the one who manages his plans? He is not very tech-savvy, so I had him under my account. If he needs his own MDE account, that is something we will need to work on setting up...
The WDW website still says what it originally said (My bold).
“During the registration chat, you will be able to work with a Cast Member to book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences using our new DAS Advance planning option (you may also make additional DAS selections on the day of your visit). Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat.
The 30 day window is based solely on park visits, right? We have a split stay this trip, so trying to make sure it won't affect anything!

I know it now has a standby line so I didn't know if you just go up to the line and ask for a DAS return time or how it works presently.
RotR currently works just like pretty much all other attractions. You can ask at the ride entrance for a DAS Return Time, or better yet you can schedule a DAS Return Time yourself in the app from wherever you are within HS. The Return Time is based on posted standby wait minus 10 minutes.

Does he also need to have his own MDE account, or can I still be the one who manages his plans?
No, he doesn't need to have his own MDE account; you may continue to manage his plans through your account. He does need to be present for the video chat to have his picture taken - and assuming he's capable, to advocate for himself and explain his needs.
The 30 day window is based solely on park visits, right?
30 days from the date you will be in the park.

No, he doesn't need to have his own MDE account; you may continue to manage his plans through your account. He does need to be present for the video chat to have his picture taken - and assuming he's capable, to advocate for himself and explain his needs.

Thank you! That helps!

He does need to be logged into the account, even though it’s not his account.
The chat uses the account and once you get to the point of doing the DAS Advance Selections, the CM does it in the account.

He does need to be logged into the account, even though it’s not his account.
The chat uses the account and once you get to the point of doing the DAS Advance Selections, the CM does it in the account.
I was going to go through the process with him. He will do the talking/answering questions but I’ll be there to help with the technical aspects. I planned to do that through my account, so glad that will work!

I'm ready to try and obtain a renewal for my DAS pass and have been trying the online chat. I logged in, agreed to the terms, and then when I open the live chat, it is a pop up that has no chat box. It's just advertisements for movies and shows. Am I in the correct spot? My trip is in 17 days, linked with my account, and such. I used an incognito Chrome window as Disney stuff always has difficulty opening in my regular Chrome.

I'm ready to try and obtain a renewal for my DAS pass and have been trying the online chat. I logged in, agreed to the terms, and then when I open the live chat, it is a pop up that has no chat box. It's just advertisements for movies and shows. Am I in the correct spot? My trip is in 17 days, linked with my account, and such. I used an incognito Chrome window as Disney stuff always has difficulty opening in my regular Chrome.
I think your issue is using the Incognito Chrome window.

when the chat window actually opens, it says this:

If you have joined this chat using Incognito or
Private browser, please rejoin the queue from a
standard browser tab. This browser type may
not allow you to join us in video.

If you have a different browser that is not incognito, I’d suggest trying that. I’ve read some people had trouble with Chrome in general.

We just got back from our trip we had the das for our son. If we go in November again how do I renew is it on file the reason for the das or do I have to go thru the whole process again from the beginning because it’s more than 60 days I Was not sure how that worked

We just got back from our trip we had the das for our son. If we go in November again how do I renew is it on file the reason for the das or do I have to go thru the whole process again from the beginning because it’s more than 60 days I Was not sure how that worked
Expect to go thru the whole process again.

My daughter has been registered for DAS since it began in late 2013 (and the previous Guest Assistance Card before it).
We had renewed her DAS at WDW in June 2021 (before the new process). We went in October, 2021 and had to register In person because we could not get thru for the chat. It was basically starting from the beginning.
We also registered by video chat in late January 2022 for a February trip and for a trip we just got back from, which was more than 60 days from out February trip.

Each of those times, I was asked again to discuss our concerns with waiting in line and the CM took a new picture each time.

How does DAS work with genie +? Can we use das doe frozen and we find a genie + time for frozen ride again? Learning both and trying to decide if genie + is worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter