• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Others have reported that when they cancelled/changed their park reservation, the DAS Advance Selections for the original park disappeared.
As long as you call to make new DAS Advance Selections between 30 and 2 days before your park day, you will be able to make new ones. But, your first choices may not be available
Thank you for the reply! If we are able to switch parks, it will be day of so I guess I will just lose the selections for that day. I hate when the family wants to switch things up when everything has already been planned and booked, lol

Thank you again. Yes it did make sense, but kind of is different than so many have said. I did get an email back for the Disability help and will call them today to try to see if I can get a straight answer. Having all the non-DAS folks attached to each of the DAS travel groups would work, it just seems weird that both DAS folks can't see each other and book for the whole group for times we are together. I'll try to report back if I can get through to the DAS help phone agent.

Thanks for your notes about your results....
OK, just got off the phone with the DAS folks... and here's what she said about how it works

• She said that each Das holder has to have their own party - the party members cannot be on any other Das holder party.​
  • To do the Advanced, or the day-of return times, each Das holder must make their own reservation and include only their party members.​
  • The Das holders would not see the other Das holder nor be able to make a return time for them.​

Now, I know that others have reported that if plans are shared (a biggie) the travel party members, as well as the 2 Das holders can see and make reservations for any or all as long as one of the Das holders was selected and experienced the attraction, (which is what I want to do). There was still a question about whether or not the Das holders could make a reservation for each other.

Earlier Sue thought that if we listed the travel party as A (me), with B and D, and C (other Das holder) with B and D, that we would all be able to see and make a Das return time for any or all of the others.

This agent said no, that won't work because B and D could not be a member of two Das travel parties, and that A and C could not make a return time for each other.

I told her what @gap2368 said about the non-Das person being able to see and book for all, she said that it must be just a fluke... (then wondered aloud if maybe it would be something that they were working on?? As an aside, this agent was really very understanding and said that they get this request all the time, especially for families with multiple Das needs... It would only make sense to be able to include other DAS holders in a travel party.)
ok @jlundeen so I am back from my trip there were 3 of us two with a DAS myself and a male in the group. I could not see or add a DAS for the male the other female could see both of our DAS add DAS for both of us

So... my plan will be in Nov when I log in to renew my Das for our Dec trip, to first ask the online agent about it, and if they say that non-Das guests can only be on one Das holder member list, I will add one of the party (B) to mine, and when/if C gets her Das approved, she will add D, and we'll have to be sure to carefully coordinate....advanced reservations and day-of stuff for when we are all together. When we're apart, it should be no biggie for C to book her and D, and me to book me and B.

I'm sure that C will quality for a Das, but if not for some reason, I wonder if I can go back and add C and D to my travel party?

I guess we'll see what happens.

Thanks again for all the input on this... it shouldn't be this confusing.

Jeanne

OK, just got off the phone with the DAS folks... and here's what she said about how it works

• She said that each Das holder has to have their own party - the party members cannot be on any other Das holder party.​
  • To do the Advanced, or the day-of return times, each Das holder must make their own reservation and include only their party members.​
  • The Das holders would not see the other Das holder nor be able to make a return time for them.​

Now, I know that others have reported that if plans are shared (a biggie) the travel party members, as well as the 2 Das holders can see and make reservations for any or all as long as one of the Das holders was selected and experienced the attraction, (which is what I want to do). There was still a question about whether or not the Das holders could make a reservation for each other.

Earlier Sue thought that if we listed the travel party as A (me), with B and D, and C (other Das holder) with B and D, that we would all be able to see and make a Das return time for any or all of the others.

This agent said no, that won't work because B and D could not be a member of two Das travel parties, and that A and C could not make a return time for each other.

I told her what @gap2368 said about the non-Das person being able to see and book for all, she said that it must be just a fluke... (then wondered aloud if maybe it would be something that they were working on?? As an aside, this agent was really very understanding and said that they get this request all the time, especially for families with multiple Das needs... It would only make sense to be able to include other DAS holders in a travel party.)

So... my plan will be in Nov when I log in to renew my Das for our Dec trip, to first ask the online agent about it, and if they say that non-Das guests can only be on one Das holder member list, I will add one of the party (B) to mine, and when/if C gets her Das approved, she will add D, and we'll have to be sure to carefully coordinate....advanced reservations and day-of stuff for when we are all together. When we're apart, it should be no biggie for C to book her and D, and me to book me and B.

I'm sure that C will quality for a Das, but if not for some reason, I wonder if I can go back and add C and D to my travel party?

Jeanne
If your not sure if the other DAS holder will be given a das have them do the advance das first then your know what to do as fair as who to add

• She said that each Das holder has to have their own party - the party members cannot be on any other Das holder party.

Jeanne
The first bolded part is NOT consistent with how DAS has worked since it went digital in around 2015 (not sure of the year, but it has been at least 5 years).
2 DAS holders have never been able to be listed on each other’s DAS, but other members have been able to be listed on more than one DAS. This has been consistently reported by posters on various social media over the years.
Each person can only have one active DAS Return Time and if both DAS holders want to ride the same attraction, they both need to make a DAS Return Time for that attraction.

For the second bolded point, I’ve seen more than 1 screenshots with 2 DAS holders in the top ‘Registered Guest’ with the other guests listed below, as gap mentioned, so it doesn’t sound like a one time or infrequent fluke.

For your group, I agree with the advice to have the person you think might not qualify call first. That way if she does, you can just each add your ‘own’ guest to your own DAS.
If she doesn’t get approved for DAS, you can add all 3 to yours

The first bolded part is NOT consistent with how DAS has worked since it went digital in around 2015 (not sure of the year, but it has been at least 5 years).
2 DAS holders have never been able to be listed on each other’s DAS, but other members have been able to be listed on more than one DAS. This has been consistently reported by posters on various social media over the years.
Each person can only have one active DAS Return Time and if both DAS holders want to ride the same attraction, they both need to make a DAS Return Time for that attraction.

For the second bolded point, I’ve seen more than 1 screenshots with 2 DAS holders in the top ‘Registered Guest’ with the other guests listed below, as gap mentioned, so it doesn’t sound like a one time or infrequent fluke.

For your group, I agree with the advice to have the person you think might not qualify call first. That way if she does, you can just each add your ‘own’ guest to your own DAS.
If she doesn’t get approved for DAS, you can add all 3 to yours
Thanks Sue. I sure wish that CMs could all give us the same up-to-date answers, but I guess with all the recent changes, and probably turnover in the Help Line staff, much slips through the cracks....

Since the original reply I got from the Disability Services s folks (disability.services@disneyparks.com) was quite different than the phone agent's info, and folks' reports here, it just adds to the confusion.

Here's what the email from them said:

"Wendy (Disney Parks)

Aug 3, 2022, 8:01 AM EDT

... (I stripped off the opening form letter "welcome, we're glad you are coming..." stuff

You are welcome to include another DAS registrant on your travel list, that is not a problem. The only thing to be cautious of is something you have already noted, that we cannot have more than one return time arranged at a time. So if you are to include your friend in a return time, you will just have to redeem it before she can then book another on her own.

We want to make sure you have the information you need to enjoy your visit with us. Should you have any additional questions after you have reviewed this information, please feel free to contact us at (407) 560-2547.

Kindest regards,

Wendy
Sales and Solutions

Walt Disney World Resort"

Yesterday, the phone agent said that the part about including " another DAS registrant on your travel list" meant making sure that all the members of the travel party were "sharing" their plans on their profile.

But that would kind of fly in the face of the " if you are to include your friend in a return time, you will just have to redeem it before she can then book another on her own" part.

The phone number in the last sentence is the one I called yesterday.

Since I'm sure that everyone here is sick of this line of posting from me, (it's ok to say it out loud, I would be too!!) I'll leave it and ask that if anyone does have different results going forward, to please come here and report them.

Anyway, I guess until I actually go to renew my pass, and my friend also can got through the process and be approved, and we get there... we won't know for sure.... fluke or intentional? Who knows.... we will figure it out!

Last edited:
I have 2 DAS reservations at Epcot for after 6pm, if I change my park reservation to MK with the plan to hop to Epcot later, will the 2 Epcot reservations cancel or will they stay because they are after 2pm. If they do get cancelled, can I chat and make new reservations for that day at MK?
Just an update

I was able to switch my park day to MK yesterday, so far, as of today, it shows MK and Epcot next to each other on My Plans and my DAS's are still showing. Maybe I got lucky, maybe because MK closes at 6pm and that is the time of my first DAS at Epcot they weren't cancelled or maybe they will still drop before the day comes (Hopefully at least 2 days before so I can rebook) but as of now, both parks are showing and the DAS's are still there.

Just an update

I was able to switch my park day to MK yesterday, so far, as of today, it shows MK and Epcot next to each other on My Plans and my DAS's are still showing. Maybe I got lucky, maybe because MK closes at 6pm and that is the time of my first DAS at Epcot they weren't cancelled or maybe they will still drop before the day comes (Hopefully at least 2 days before so I can rebook) but as of now, both parks are showing and the DAS's are still there.
I expect the EPCOT park reservation will drop off, along with the EPCOT DAS times since guests can’t have more than 1 park reservation a day.

Is there a way to have only the rides in the park you are in listed to pick a return time? Yesterday morning at AK it only gave us return options in that park but later it started listing every single ride. We do not have hoppers and of course you should have to be in the park you are requesting return times for. It has been hard to go through that long list to pick a ride. I have not tried to pick a ride in a different park because I don’t want to have to get it deleted but was wondering what changed.

When does the DAS box show up on the app?
We had the video chat, made the advance DAS, but I can't find the DAS box for when we are in the parks to make reservations.
We are arriving on Tuesday, August 23rd.

Just an update

Just an update. The DAS passes made for Epcot never fell off when I switched my park reservation to Magic Kingdom. We were able to use them at night when we hopped to Epcot. Maybe the original reservations do not drop off if you have a park hopper or we just got lucky but I just wanted to report our experience. 😀

Hello all,

At the risk of boring you all to death, I wanted to update with the last note I received back from the disability help folks when I wrote in and told them of the conflicting information I was getting from them and the phone helpline. Here is the reply.

This makes so much more sense than what we were hearing from cast members both at the parks and on the help phone line.

If anyone experiences different results going forward, perhaps they can report back.

At the risk of wishing summer away, I'm really getting excited about our trip in December, and look forward to spending time in our favorite Laughing Place!

Jeanne

Edited to add: she emphasizes that this method work because all of the traveling party have their own Disney account and MDE app. I'm not sure what the difference would be if a family had two DAS Holders and/or were managed by another member of the travel party.

Wendy (Disney Parks)

Aug 19, 2022, 6:23 AM EDT

Dear Jeanne‍,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We are very sorry to hear about the conflicting information you have been receiving. We are happy to provide clarifications for the answers to your questions.

When creating a Disability Access Service pass, our video chat team will ask who you will be travelling with. Your Travel Party can absolutely include all three of the people in your party, including Guest C who will be applying for their own pass (and you can be on their list, too).

When you are booking pre-arrival selections, if you will be all together, the selections can be booked either through your pass or Guest C's pass. When you go to redeem those passes, make sure that whichever pass was used to create it is the first Guest to enter the queue and tap their media (MagicBand, MagicMobile, admission card) to redeem.

For the times you are planning to split up, just make sure each party is only booking for themselves. If you were to include the other party when booking a selection in-park, that party would then be unable to book a different one under their pass until they redeemed the one you have booked for them.

All four of the members of your party, because they have their own accounts, will be able to make these selections. However, there are known issues with the DAS tile in the app where it may not always display on the Guest who is not actually registered, so you may find the best experience when using the account for yourself and Guest C for booking.

Booking for this upcoming party mix honestly will be exactly as it has been before when you visited. You will just have another party member that can include you in their plans this time.

Thank you for making us aware of the information being shared by our phone team. We have forwarded your comments to the leadership team there so that this may be addressed.

We want to make sure you have all the information you need for your upcoming visit. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reply to this email. We look forward to welcoming you back to the magic!

Kindest regards,

Wendy
Sales and Solutions
Walt Disney World Resort

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been answered but I read the intro post, tried searching the thread a few ways, and not seeing an answer.

What happens if a ride goes down when it is your current day of DAS selection. You book Test Track, they tell you to come back at 3pm or later, Test Track is down at 3pm. Can you book a new return time while still holding the TT, like how FP(rip) and G+ allow? Or do you really have to cancel or use, even when the ride isn't operating?

Apologies if this has been answered but I read the intro post, tried searching the thread a few ways, and not seeing an answer.

What happens if a ride goes down when it is your current day of DAS selection. You book Test Track, they tell you to come back at 3pm or later, Test Track is down at 3pm. Can you book a new return time while still holding the TT, like how FP(rip) and G+ allow? Or do you really have to cancel or use, even when the ride isn't operating?
Yes you csn book another das pass if s ride goes down

2 members of our travel party are applying for DAS. Should they both be present for 1 video call, so they can coordinate advance ride selections?

I recommend that. If they pre-register at different times there is no guarantee the 2nd will be able to align Advanced Selections with the first and the rest of your party.

I made advance selections last week but changed some of my parks last night. I got on with chat today to make new selections for the new parks.
  • the Advance Selections associated with the old parks were cancelled during the chat this morning
  • Slightly new procedure- Chat launched a chat form where I listed date, time of day, rides for all my days (I did 3 days). After submitting the form in the chat window, the CM made the reservations and then warned me there was limited availability for my requested times and asked me to take a look to make sure they were ok (they were fine for me!)
I like the form better, it was more efficient for me than day by day listing it out in chat.

Used DAS yesterday for Hollywood Studios. Worked great.
Entered the park at 08:30, made a reservation for Rotr at 10:15. Walked straight through and reserved the next traction (Smugglers Run).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter