• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning - I was going to attempt to sign in at 7:00 am this morning (30 days out today), but the rush of school/work just wasn't worth it. So I'm going to try again later today once I know we are all home for good. This will be around 5:30 when I know we are all home. What time would you suggest I start to log in? How late are they available?
Hello,
From the WDW DAS Registration site:

Live chat is available from 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM Eastern Time

I tried once to register mid day and it was clearly taking too long (for me). My challenge is coordinating my daughter for photo. After that I committed to 7 AM EST. I see a lot of other posters showing long waits during the day. Good luck.

Good morning - I was going to attempt to sign in at 7:00 am this morning (30 days out today), but the rush of school/work just wasn't worth it. So I'm going to try again later today once I know we are all home for good. This will be around 5:30 when I know we are all home. What time would you suggest I start to log in? How late are they available?
Wait times vary, but recently the waits have been very short; probably because this is not a particularly busy time for WDW visits.
I started registering my daughter on Saturday at a bit after 1:30 pm central time. I expected a long wait, but by the time I had typed in the names and visit date, the CM was ready to start the video chat portion.
So, expect you might have a long wait, but be ready right away in case they are ready for you quickly.
Two other pieces of advice - if you haven’t been answered by the time you need to leave the text portion of the chat, add a message before signing of that says you needed to leave.
If you are still waiting at 10pm Eastern time and are able to stay on, do stay on until the chat actually disconnects. Some people have reported they logged out right at 10, but when they came back the next day, they saw a message that came from the CM after 10 indicating they were trying to start the video chat.

Wait times vary, but recently the waits have been very short; probably because this is not a particularly busy time for WDW visits.
I started registering my daughter on Saturday at a bit after 1:30 pm central time. I expected a long wait, but by the time I had typed in the names and visit date, the CM was ready to start the video chat portion.
So, expect you might have a long wait, but be ready right away in case they are ready for you quickly.
Two other pieces of advice - if you haven’t been answered by the time you need to leave the text portion of the chat, add a message before signing of that says you needed to leave.
If you are still waiting at 10pm Eastern time and are able to stay on, do stay on until the chat actually disconnects. Some people have reported they logged out right at 10, but when they came back the next day, they saw a message that came from the CM after 10 indicating they were trying to start the video chat.
Thank you - I'll give this a shot later today and see what happens! Not sure I'm willing to let me son stay up in the case they don't come on past 9:00, but we will see!

So I signed on at 5:30 pm and didn’t get through for the rest of the night. Closed the chat at 10:00 pm. So tomorrow when I’m ready to try again, do I go into that same chat or do I have to start a new link?

I want to make sure I got this right.

As of today, this are the rides you can't select in advance.

Seven Dwarves
Space Mountain
Frozen Ever After
Ratatouille
Cosmic Rewind
Rise of the Resistance
Mickey Minnie RR
Everest
Flight of Passage

Meaning there is 3 rides in Epcot in the list.

I want to make sure I got this right.

As of today, this are the rides you can't select in advance.

Seven Dwarves
Space Mountain
Frozen Ever After
Ratatouille
Cosmic Rewind
Rise of the Resistance
Mickey Minnie RR
Everest
Flight of Passage

Meaning there is 3 rides in Epcot in the list.
Your list looks correct. All of those attraction other than Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind are available for DAS Return Times on the day of visit. All guests are required to get into the Virtual Queue/ Boarding Groups to ride Guardians of the Galaxy

This link from the WDW website lists the attractions for each part that may be eligible for DAS Advance Selection.
Some on the list may not be available for the date or time you are interested in.

So I signed on at 5:30 pm and didn’t get through for the rest of the night. Closed the chat at 10:00 pm. So tomorrow when I’m ready to try again, do I go into that same chat or do I have to start a new link?
You start the same way you did yesterday, by logging in at the website, accepting the Terms and Conditions and then tapping/clicking the same button as yesterday to request a video chat.
The steps look like you are starting a new chat, but when the chat window opens, it will be the same chat that you left last night.

I pre-registered for DAS a few days ago for my son and another member of our party. When I was booking our Advanced DAS Reservations, I was hesitant to have 2 reservation times overlapping at attractions at opposite ends of the park, due to increased mobility issues toward the end of the day. The cast member said if they're tired, we could just get a wheelchair to use from one of the rides. I was surprised and never knew this was an option, but she said they have them at all the rides for people to use. Has anyone had experience with this? It sounds very surprising if this is true.

The cast member said if they're tired, we could just get a wheelchair to use from one of the rides. I was surprised and never knew this was an option, but she said they have them at all the rides for people to use. Has anyone had experience with this?
Very poor suggestion. While WDW does have wheelchairs for guest use at some attractions, namely those requiring a person to transfer from an ECV to a wheelchair to use in queue, they are not intended for use through out the park. That would mean another guest who cannot walk the queue needs to wait for a wheelchair if one disappears. I'm not even sure if a guest would be allowed to exit the attraction with it.

If you may need a wheelchair, I suggest renting one. Either from a 3rd party vendor to use the full visit, or daily within the parks. It can be parked with stroller parking if you don't wish to use it all the time. If you are concerned about the timing of your DAS Advanced Selections, you can try to reconnect and see if a different time is available. Or you can aim to arrive at the first at the beginning of the window which would hopefully allow time to get to the second before it expires. Some have found leniency on the 1-hour window, YMMV.

Very poor suggestion. While WDW does have wheelchairs for guest use at some attractions, namely those requiring a person to transfer from an ECV to a wheelchair to use in queue, they are not intended for use through out the park. That would mean another guest who cannot walk the queue needs to wait for a wheelchair if one disappears. I'm not even sure if a guest would be allowed to exit the attraction with it.

If you may need a wheelchair, I suggest renting one. Either from a 3rd party vendor to use the full visit, or daily within the parks. It can be parked with stroller parking if you don't wish to use it all the time. If you are concerned about the timing of your DAS Advanced Selections, you can try to reconnect and see if a different time is available. Or you can aim to arrive at the first at the beginning of the window which would hopefully allow time to get to the second before it expires. Some have found leniency on the 1-hour window, YMMV.
I thought that was a strange suggestion. I agree with you, I can't imagine you would even be allowed to remove the wheelchairs from the ride area. When she suggested it, I thought maybe this was a new offering since our last visit, but since I hadn't heard anything, I figured she was just giving bad information. It's not worth renting a wheelchair for us, because it would only need to be used at the end of a long day, if at all. As long as we can walk slowly and take breaks, we should be fine. Thanks for the confirmation

Thank you everyone for your help. Finally got thru on the chat last night after trying four different times throughout the day. For one of the tries a CM popped on the second my son walked out the door for practice. Frustrating!

Anyway, this success came on day 29. As far as the pre selections, we really “needed” morning times but I was given a 12:30 and 1:30 for our two rides at EP (only going one day this trip). This won’t work as we will have to leave by then. Should I keep trying the chat to see if morning opens up? Or just leave it be. I’m most happy he’s registered and it’s one less step the day of.

Thanks!

Thank you everyone for your help. Finally got thru on the chat last night after trying four different times throughout the day. For one of the tries a CM popped on the second my son walked out the door for practice. Frustrating!

Anyway, this success came on day 29. As far as the pre selections, we really “needed” morning times but I was given a 12:30 and 1:30 for our two rides at EP (only going one day this trip). This won’t work as we will have to leave by then. Should I keep trying the chat to see if morning opens up? Or just leave it be. I’m most happy he’s registered and it’s one less step the day of.

Thanks!

Personally I would not try to change them. For us it was very hard to hit those preselected rides anyway. We had to use day of selections to do many of the ones we preselected as a big reason we have to use the das is because I cannot necessarily be somewhere at a specific time.

Got registered for DAS this morning. Got right on at 7:00 AM. Joined 'connected queue' at 7:07 AM, and waited until 7:40 AM before actually starting the process. Video chat confirmed DAS eligibility within a couple of minutes. Cast member actually helped me get my advance DAS selections too (while still on video chat). At first the cast member stated that I could only do any 7 days of my 10 days, but the cast member was able (and willing) to book for all 10 days. BTW, I'm at 29 days from first park visit. 😃 :yay:

Got registered for DAS this morning. Got right on at 7:00 AM. Joined 'connected queue' at 7:07 AM, and waited until 7:40 AM before actually starting the process. Video chat confirmed DAS eligibility within a couple of minutes. Cast member actually helped me get my advance DAS selections too (while still on video chat). At first the cast member stated that I could only do any 7 days of my 10 days, but the cast member was able (and willing) to book for all 10 days. BTW, I'm at 29 days from first park visit. 😃 :yay:
Thanks for this update. I'm glad you could do more than 7 days and all at once.

Just a quick question, when was the limit of 7 days brought in. We've used DAS 4 times coming from the UK, usually with trips of 14 days. When I registered for an upcoming November trip, I was told I could only make pre-selections for 7 days of the 14.

I don't particularly have an issue with this, just a bit confused because for our last trip (Feb 22), we were able to make advance selections for all 14 days (assuming the days were within the 30 day booking window).

Just a quick question, when was the limit of 7 days brought in. We've used DAS 4 times coming from the UK, usually with trips of 14 days. When I registered for an upcoming November trip, I was told I could only make pre-selections for 7 days of the 14.

I don't particularly have an issue with this, just a bit confused because for our last trip (Feb 22), we were able to make advance selections for all 14 days (assuming the days were within the 30 day booking window).

Fairly recently. First reports of the limit seem to have been within the past couple of weeks, maybe a month ago. Nothing stated on the WDW website, and someone this morning was able to book 10 days. So it's still a case of YMMV.
The first ‘restrictions’ that people reported were being able to only make DAS Advance Selections for the park days that were between 30 and 2 days of the call. That is the only information about timing that is on the Disney website.
But, experiences varied on that; some people were told they would need to contact Disney again to book the days that were more than 30 days in the future and others were able to book their entire trip.

The 7 day limit has been reported fairly recently, as lanejudy mentioned. It’s happened to many people, including my family, but others have been able to book DAS Advance Selections for their whole trip.
It’s also been fairly recent that people are reporting the same CM who did the DAS registration stays on video chat to complete the DAS Advance Selections, but again, it varies.
My thought is that the simplest explanation is probably that the CM can see the number of other guests waiting in the chat queue and possibly how long they have been waiting. I’m guessing if it’s under a certain number, the CM can stay online and finish the process.
I did not use the system, but worked for a Home Care agency that had the ability to see number of people in queue snd the waits.

My suggestion would be to be prepared with 2 selections and an alternate for each park day of your trip, but expect they may only allow you to do the first 7 days and only those within the 30 - 2 day window.

I thought that was a strange suggestion. I agree with you, I can't imagine you would even be allowed to remove the wheelchairs from the ride area. When she suggested it, I thought maybe this was a new offering since our last visit, but since I hadn't heard anything, I figured she was just giving bad information. It's not worth renting a wheelchair for us, because it would only need to be used at the end of a long day, if at all. As long as we can walk slowly and take breaks, we should be fine. Thanks for the confirmation
It doesn't hurt to ask. On a recent trip in June I became ill as we were leaving the park and spent about an hour in the restroom at the IG exit at Epcot (near the skyliner). A security guard (not a cast member but the actually security guard that was still posted at the entrance) asked my waiting family if they needed assistance and they explained I was ill and they were waiting for me and that we were staying at the Boardwalk. He was truly an angel because he came back within a few minutes with a wheelchair and told them to see if that would help. It was the only way I could have left the park that night! They put me in the wheelchair and quickly got me back to the Boardwalk. They asked him where they needed to return it and he told them to just leave it with the Boardwalk cast members and they would take care of it. He said they try to keep them available throughout the park for this type of thing when originally a person didn't think they'd need one. So - it's worth asking if you get tired, etc. Don't push it beyond the point of no return - which is basically what I did that night. The next day I rented one at guest services upon arrival, as normal procedure. But it was an interesting learning point about Disney and how they do try to proactively anticipate mobility needs that might not have been planned for at the parks. Good luck!

You should be able to book Advanced Selections for any days you have theme park reservations within the next 2-30 days. If you trip dates extend beyond the 30 days, you may need to reconnect once within that window.

Reports seem to vary with regards to using Advanced Selections after the 1-hour window. Many are told no, a few have been allowed. So I would not count on it. If you have 2 within the same 1-hour slot, I suggest getting to the first at the very beginning of that time period and then going directly to the second.
I was denied use (well, to be fair, after pleading our case in a friendly manner the cast member ultimately allowed us through but said it was an exception and that normally they couldn't) of an advanced DAS selection when we were about 30 minutes late for it. It was for a medical reason associated with why I have a DAS. The cast member explained that normal DAS rides you book at the park can be used any time during or after the stated return time, however the advanced DAS rides are like a bonus they give you to preregister and save extra time needed by their cast members at guest services when you arrive. They are very limited in nature (unlike the "day of " DAS selections that never run out until park close) and given out based on numbers and time slots to avoid overcrowding - which is why if you wait beyond your 30 days window your selection and return times will be greatly limited. So definitely try to get there during the time slots for all pre-booked DAS rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter