WDW through an 8-month-old’s eyes &10m &13m &16m...New 10/30!

Imagineer5

DIS Veteran
Chapter links :wizard:

Introductions!

Disney Background!

More intros to our family LOL

Resort Choices (no changing minds here! Booked and paid for!

Daily Plan & ADR choices

Fantasmic Input?

Pregnancy Update (32 weeks)

Photopass & MNSSHP thoughts?

Quick question for readers

Baby Shower Pics!

3D Ultrasound Pics!

Childbirth Class/update

Christmas Update & Shopping!!

Holiday Photos!

More Shopping!

Quick Update

Pregnancy Brain/37 Week Appt

Disney Schedule!! & More Details Added!

Budget Overview

My 38 week appt

BABY NEWS!!

Aria's First Week Pictures

Quick Update, Texas Trip, and Aria Pic

Aria's Photo Shoot

Life Update

Flights/ APs??

AP/budget

Rental Car

Photo Update

AP Update

ADR/Life Update

ADRs Almost Here!

Finally...ADRs MADE!

ANOTHER 2012 TRIP!

Easter

Ramblings During 1st Day Back to Work

Aria Photobomb

Quick Weekend Update

Rolling

Dec/Jan Poll

Dec Trip Update 1 Dec Update 2

2012 Trip #2!!

Mother's Day Weekend

Aria & Aquarium 1 2

Memorial Day 1 2

December Trip Details

A Couple Questions for Readers & Captain Jack Sparrow?

December Flights & Weekend updates

MNSSHP!

AP & ME tickets!

Baptism & Great-Grandparents visit

October Day 1 Plans - Arrival

Clothing Post 1 Clothing Post 2

October Day 2 Plans - 30th BDAY & MK

Random stuff & July 4th Plans

Farm & Anniversary Days

4th of July

Day 3 - EPCOT

Day 4 Plans! AK & Condo moving

SW Flight News & F&W Offerings

Update & Pics

December FL News!

Day 6 Plans

F&W News

Daily Plan Recap

Day 7 Plans

Be Our Guest ADR!

Day 8 Plans

Packing List HELP!

Day 9 & Renaissance Faire & Aria Clothes Part 1 Part 2

More Aria Clothing Pics! LOL

Quick update and JUNE news!!

Day 10 Plans

A September weekend update (Boat Show)

Camping Post 1 Camping Post 2

Last Day

Edaville - Aria meets Curious George

June 2013 Trip Details

Post trip info & TR coming soon!

TR Link

Quick trip updates

Added a 4th trip...officially now!

December Day 1 Plans

So let me start with some intros!!

The star of the show:

318349_679395564031_35002133_35320260_1624411301_n.jpg

No, not me!! (or my dog oliver!). My belly! LOL – or – our little one. SHE is due February 6th, 2012 – I currently have just about 9 weeks left. Amazing how time has flown, though the holidays have certainly helped. She will be about 8 months old for our October trip, which I hope will be a great age. No idea of her personality yet but we are going to get her out to restaurants as much as possible before the trip, as well as try out the fireworks for the 4th of July to get an idea for how she will do at WDW.

Then there’s me (Lauren)

389931_679403034061_35002133_35320303_1146486811_n.jpg

I am 29 (will turn 30 on our 1st full day at Disney!). I love Disney, Harry Potter, traveling, reading, TV (couldn’t live without the DVR), our pets (they’ll get a separate post, I promise!). I am a super obsessive planner for everything in life, and HAVE to have a trip at least in the works to be 100% happy LOL, no matter how far off. My day job is an engineer though! I plan to take 12 weeks off when baby comes, and then go back just 3 days/week through the end of 2012 – main reason for this BUDGET trip.

My wonderful DH (Andrew)

373854_679405000121_35002133_35320314_1080002679_n.jpg

He is 28, and also an engineer. Pics shown here were taken at my baby shower in November, which DH attended. I have barely any family (my mom, step-dad, and grandmom) and so the shower was mainly all his family and then some friends. So I was glad he was there! We met in college, during a tiny engineering program in which we had all the same classes together. We couldn’t stand each other freshman year but somehow got over that (or did we??) LOL. DH is an outdoorsy guy who loves Cape Cod, fishing, boating, working on engines, our pets, and is very, very excited to be a DAD!

:welcome: My Disney resistant husband turned to me a few months ago and stated – “You know, I could really be at Disney right now”. WHAT? Seriously? Let’s hop on a plane right now! Only problem – I was (and still am!) pregnant and at the time could barely find anything to eat that didn’t sound disgusting. So the planning began – for baby’s first trip and a 30th birthday treat for me In October, 2012!

Anyone who does a PTR is most certainly a crazy over planner, myself included. In fact, we already have the hotels booked! (More to come on that later!)

The biggest hurdle I am dealing with is the BUDGET – i.e. DH has agreed (grudgingly) to $4000 – for 3 people who LOVE to eat (our last trip we had the DxDP and didn’t think it was too much food!) & drink (seriously missing the wine stocked in our wine cellar right now….). Instead of going all out but on a quick trip, I still wanted to spend as much time as possible in the parks. So we have 10 nights booked…!!

Staying under $4K for 10 nights? With flights, rental car (another requirement based on our first trip together set out by DH), hotels, food, souvenirs, etc? It’s my plan and I’m sticking to it!

Hope you’ll join me on this PTR which will also be partly about my pregnancy! We’re just about 9 weeks to the finish line (due February 6th)!

A little Disney background:
I mentioned he is my Disney-resistant husband. After I took him to Las Vegas for his 21st birthday while we were in college, he took me to Disney in 2004 for my 22nd birthday. We had a great time, stayed at CBR, but he definitely does NOT get into it like I do. He could take it or leave it, really. His biggest issue though was with the transportation, so a huge requirement is to always have a rental car.

Somehow I talked him into spending our Honeymoon at Disney, since I agreed to get married at his family’s favorite vacation spot – Cape Cod. I thought that was a pretty decent trade off since the Cape was gorgeous and it worked out pretty well for his family traveling to the wedding too! We delayed the honeymoon until December, 2007 and spent a fantastic week at CBR, enjoyed many more ADR’s, the EPCOT segway tour, and many other adventures.

Our every-3-year Disney trips continued and we planned to head back in October, 2010 for my birthday! Not sure how I coaxed him into that, but I think it was after a very boring 2009 and I really needed a pick-me-up. We also took an 18-day AMAZING vacation to Italy in April 2010, and I think I told DH how sad I’d be to come home from Italy only to have nothing at all planned…something along those lines anyway. We rented points from a DVC member for the first time, and stayed at AKV 1 night and BCV 9 nights. We also had the deluxe dining plan. Instead of having a ton of snack/TS credits left over, we ran out by the 9th day LOL – we LOVED the plan though both agree we would not have ordered as much food if we hadn’t had the plan.
How do I keep getting DH to agree to go back? I think he’s a closet Disney lover. LOL. No seriously, he hates planning the trips, hates hearing about everything (granted, I like to chat about ADRs, hotels, rides, etc at all times). BUT when he is AT Disney he always seems to have a great time. He especially enjoys the World Showcase and Pirates, and eating and drinking. Though, if it weren’t for me, he would be content traveling to the Cape, Maine, and basically staying in New England. Yes, he was born and raised in Massachusetts!

Also somewhere in here are many trips to DL! I grew up mainly on the west coast, and visited DL first when I was 7, then a few times when I was 14, 16, 17, 18…you get the idea! LOL. Once I had a driver’s license my mom couldn’t keep me away! (Even though I lived in Seattle at the time!). I took a college friend there in 2002, DH (bf at the time) in 2004, and went on a 3-day solo trip in 2008. I’m waiting for CARS land to open to return, even though my favorite ride is there – Indiana Jones. I’m also nostalgic for the storyland boats and mr. toad’s wild ride. And the HM Holidays…ok yeah DL is amazing! But living in the opposite corner of the country sort of takes away from our ability to go all that often!

Over this past weekend I kinda let slip that we'd already booked and PAID FOR the hotels. LOL. DH was not too happy but honestly I thought he KNEW we had to book 11 months out :goodvibes

Any guesses on where we'll be staying? It's a split stay, and remember we're staying for 10 nights!

Before I get ahead of myself with actual Disney plans…I want to introduce our family that sadly cannot come with us to WDW. We are working with them (well, sort of…) to get them prepared for baby.

The cats are being the most cooperative and don’t seem to mind becoming the baby actors for the dogs…

Max is the grey tabby, and Jake is the long haired kitty (part ragdoll, we think)

306470_679855143031_35002133_35322414_248437134_n.jpg

308216_679855252811_35002133_35322416_631691618_n.jpg

385013_679855402511_35002133_35322418_503808122_n.jpg

305809_679855532251_35002133_35322419_837614205_n.jpg

316526_679855597121_35002133_35322420_381129057_n.jpg

391984_679855671971_35002133_35322421_894980927_n.jpg

Here’s our dogs! Annie is the lab/golden mix and Oliver is the Chihuahua terrier mix. Oliver is going to be a TERROR with a baby, but at least he is only 9 lbs…

5448_551442138721_35002133_32887988_4030713_n.jpg

5448_551442143711_35002133_32887989_8366666_n.jpg

5248_552690791411_35002133_32958132_2186976_n.jpg

5248_552690801391_35002133_32958134_5456989_n.jpg

5248_552691050891_35002133_32958181_3308161_n.jpg

5448_551442807381_35002133_32888086_6637225_n.jpg

And last but not least, our 19 outdoor residents! We have 19 chickens – 2 roosters and 17 hens! They were a project to get my mind off of TTC (it took us a while to get pregnant) and they are great fun to have around. We get about 12 eggs/day from the ladies!

216999_628825397051_35002133_34736333_6930897_n.jpg

207236_628825407031_35002133_34736334_4953685_n.jpg

216568_628825501841_35002133_34736342_7374173_n.jpg

207200_628825551741_35002133_34736345_7438211_n.jpg

I’ll leave you with a little Disney pic – DH surprised me with some balloons on my birthday this year! He’s so awesome!

317079_668827672171_35002133_35224644_466883034_n.jpg

I'm in!! I'm also planning a trip to WDW in October 2012 with a VERY RESISTANT DH! no 8month old baby though!

I'm guessing you are staying part of your trip at CBR and part at a DVC resort! Although I couldn't guess which one!

I'm in!! I'm also planning a trip to WDW in October 2012 with a VERY RESISTANT DH! no 8month old baby though!

I'm guessing you are staying part of your trip at CBR and part at a DVC resort! Although I couldn't guess which one!

Hi Paula! Thanks for joining in!! No more CBR for us, at least for a while! We just loved renting points and it generally equals out to the same price as a moderate!!

Hello! I won't guess where you're staying since you posted it on my PTR, and that would be cheating ;)

As a huge animal and TV lover, sounds like we've got lots in common (though we don't have chickens or a baby on the way!)

My DH works from home and he just had to come see why I was laughing. Two words: cat baby.

Ok since I've posted it elsewhere on the DIS...I'll reveal our hotels & dates...

BLT Oct 4-7 Lake View Studio

Offsite (Cypress Pointe Resort 3 BR) Oct 7-14th

I'm SO excited about BLT! NOT so excited about staying offsite LOL. But the appeal of getting the resort for $350 for 7 nights was too much to resist and was how I tempted DH into consenting to the trip. Somehow I added on the 3 nights at BLT...which cost way more than the 7 nights offsite but anywho...:rolleyes1

I loved the idea of BLT for ease of MK access with a stroller. Staying offsite will def have its perks though, mainly that yes, you read the 3 BR right! We'll have a ton of space to spread out, and already plan to rent a car so that's no biggie.

You've all seen pics of BLT, so I'll try to find some pics of Cypress Pointe to post...

volcano-pool.jpg

p58.jpg

p14.jpg

p4.jpg

p1.jpg

p8.jpg

Hello! I won't guess where you're staying since you posted it on my PTR, and that would be cheating ;)

As a huge animal and TV lover, sounds like we've got lots in common (though we don't have chickens or a baby on the way!)

My DH works from home and he just had to come see why I was laughing. Two words: cat baby.

Hi! Yes after I wrote that I figured I should just say where we are staying.

LOL - poor max! He was being so good though, that after putting on the little outfit, we just had to try out the car seat. DH got him all strapped in and everything and he just sat there. I am a huge animal lover (would love to quit my job and start up an animal rescue!).

Whatcha watch on TV? I'll admit I'm addicted to almost all CW shows LOL along with many other network shows like Chuck, Modern Family, Fringe...hmm what else?

Not sure what Quincy allows for chickens, maybe just a couple? We live on the outskirts of Taunton/Dighton and they don't have any chicken ordinances, but we're waiting for a complaint on the roosters, although there are 3 other roos in the area that we can hear. I don't hear them from inside our house though so they don't bother me! princess: I'd love to get goats & horses...LOL but chickens are a lot easier to leave for days without someone checking on them constantly.

We'll be there the same time. Looking forward to your plans.

I had to laugh at the first kitty picture. If we tried that with our cat she'd claw our eyes out :rotfl:

Followed you over from the Oct 2012 thread :)

Congratulations on your upcoming arrival!!

We will be at WDW a few days after you leave.

Cant wait to hear more about your planning and the baby :)

We'll be there the same time. Looking forward to your plans.

I had to laugh at the first kitty picture. If we tried that with our cat she'd claw our eyes out :rotfl:

Where are you staying? Max is definitely our easiest nail-clipper too out of the bunch! He's just happy for attention. Our baby girl will have a great dress up friend LOL.

Followed you over from the Oct 2012 thread :)

Congratulations on your upcoming arrival!!

We will be at WDW a few days after you leave.

Cant wait to hear more about your planning and the baby :)

Thanks!! Looks like we have a nice group of October 2012'ers!! It's crazy not to be focusing on F&W (for me anyway) LOL.

I'm in!

Your poor cats! :rotfl2: Our cat would never let us do that. He's a bit tempermental, at best. Isn't it funny how dogs seem to always know to look at the camera?

Looking forward to reading more about your trip! And how we're both going to celebrate our 30th :)

I'm in!

Your poor cats! :rotfl2: Our cat would never let us do that. He's a bit tempermental, at best. Isn't it funny how dogs seem to always know to look at the camera?

Looking forward to reading more about your trip! And how we're both going to celebrate our 30th :)

Hi Jenny! Thanks for stopping by!! When I last was at WDW, it was for my 28th birthday and we had done the Give A Day, Get A Day so we had those awesome FP's & spent the day at MK. I think I'll also choose MK this birthday, though mainly bc it's our 1st park day & baby's first trip and we'll be at BLT so it just makes sense to go to MK.

So I'll give you all a run-down of my rough plans, including restaurants we'd like to revisit or try for the first time. Trying to keep a baby in mind (and honestly, never ever being at a restaurant WITH a baby) but still wanting to go to some of the nicer places...I've tried to make it fairly balanced. Input is definitely welcome!!

Thursday 10/4 - late flight & check in to BLT around 7PM. Dinner??

Friday 10/5 - my 30th birthday!! MK Day! breakfast at Crystal Palace (we've been before), lunch at the Wave (also been before), and dinner at my favorite restaurant - California Grill.

Saturday 10/6 - Kona Bfast (new to us), EPCOT!, lunch at the Biergarten (new) (not looking forward to German food but I think DH & baby will like it), and then dinner at 1900 Park fare (new).

Sunday 10/7 - Bfast at Chef Mickey's (new), check out of BLT, head to AK for the day. Lunch at Y&Y (been before), then check into condo, do some grocery shopping/laundry/quiet evening in condo.

Monday 10/8 - DHS, 50's Prime Time (been before), dinner at Flying Fish, possibly Fantasmic which we've never seen

Tuesday 10/9 - pool day/ downtown disney. Lunch at T-Rex (new), dinner at Artist Point.

Wednesday 10/10 - MK? Bfast somewhere (Ohana which is new to us, maybe), lunch at LTT (new) or WCC (new)

Thursday 10/11 - EPCOT, lunch at Akershus (new), dinner at Cape May (MUST DO according to DH lol)

Friday 10/12 - AK? No particular plans

Saturday 10/13 - No idea yet, but dinner at Ohana (new)

Basically I was trying to utilize the monorail resort restaurants while we were staying at BLT. I'd also like to return to Sanaa, Rose & Crown for Illuminations, Coral Reef, Raglan Rd, and possibly do a Wishes Dessert Party.

We'd also like to do a Haunted Carriage Ride at the Fort Wilderness.

On all previous trips we've done a number of fun things outside the norm, like both the Segway tours (both awesome!!) so I'm looking for similar stuff we can do with a baby.

Also considering hiring a babysitter for 1-2 nights (maybe Artist Point night among them) but not sure how I feel about that. Does that make me a bad person to already be planning babysitter nights out when I'm still pregnant?? LOL

OMG. We're doing the same thing for our birthdays. :rotfl2: Great minds think alike! Definitely planning on spending the day in MK, breakfast at Crystal Palace, and dinner at California Grill. Maybe we'll cross paths!

Ohana is really yummy and so is Biergarten! I wasn't sure I was going to like Biergarten but I ended up loving it. We plan on going back next trip.

I want to check out the Haunted Carriage ride too. I've heard good things about it.

OMG. We're doing the same thing for our birthdays. :rotfl2: Great minds think alike! Definitely planning on spending the day in MK, breakfast at Crystal Palace, and dinner at California Grill. Maybe we'll cross paths!

Ohana is really yummy and so is Biergarten! I wasn't sure I was going to like Biergarten but I ended up loving it. We plan on going back next trip.

I want to check out the Haunted Carriage ride too. I've heard good things about it.

Wow that is hilarious!! I only chose the Wave for lunch bc we had a great time there and I thought it'd give us a nice break in the day. Last bday I went to Crystal Palace, CRT for lunch, and Artist Point for dinner (Cali Grill was booked...boo). Artist Point ended up being fantastic, but you just can't beat the whole experience at Cali Grill!!

I don't eat meat/seafood which is why I'm not too thrilled about either Ohana or Biergarten, but esp Biergarten (oh and I don't drink beer LOL). DH is into all of that though, and I do love me some potatoes so I figured I'd give it a shot. Any recommendations on the food there?

I've heard good things about vegetarian meals at Ohana though, and if nothing else the bananas foster bread pudding will keep me happy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter