WDW Trip Report Authors/Photographers, how do you..

astronautmom

Mouseketeer
We're taking the kids on their first trip to DW in a month. I'm thinking I'll write a trip report, having done one for our cruise. Knowing how hard it was to remember the ordering of things when I was writing the last one, I wanted to ask what methods you used while on the trip to log your details. My husband is the photographer of the family, and I'm thinking the order of his photos will help. I was wondering if the MDE app saves the Fastpass history after you have used your passes, including the ones you add throughout the day? That would be an easy way to look back and see the order of rides we did each day. I know myself and I'm not going to be writing notes as I go.

Also, for the photographers.. hubby just bought a new camera for the trip, a beginners DSLR. It came with a camera bag and a camera bag "poncho." Will that suffice for the water rides? We're not used to taking our stuff with us on rides, at our local theme parks there are lockers in the ride queues.

Regarding keeping the camera dry on water rides such as Kali and Splash, you could put it in a Ziploc bag and then put that bag inside whatever backpack or other bag you are carrying.

Hey! Whenever we stop for a drink / food / bathroom break I make quick notes on my phone of what we've done, funny conversations, souvenirs I've bought etc. These notes, coupled with all of my time-stamped photos make it pretty easy to recall everything we did :goodvibes And yeah, the MDE app saves all of your fastpass history, including the ones you make at the kiosks during the day, so you can go back and check those too!

Sorry I'm no DSLR expert, my method on water rides is usually to just tuck my camera under my shirt :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter