WDW, Vero Beach or Hilton Head?

lundve

DIS Veteran
We have 4 extra nights (Wednesday - Saturday) after our annual passes expire to stay somewhere before my husband has to be home for work Monday. (Initially we were going down earlier, but something came onto the home schedule that precludes us from beginning our trip earlier). We are considering tacking them onto the end our resort stay at BCV. Points are not a problem and we have our own car, and the drive for the five of us is about 12ish hours from VA.

Assuming availability is not a problem (should be ok at any) what would you do......please either choose your favorite or order them.

1. Extend our stay at the Beach Club
2. Move over to an Animal Kingdom Lodge Savanna View
3. Stay at Vero Beach DVC (Never been)
4. Stay at Hilton Head DVC (Been once, one night off-season in 2009)

I like to stay on a beach, and just chill, for a few days after WDW.

So for that purpose, I’d lean Vero than HHI (But I’ve not stayed at either).

Hhi is 1 hr off 95 on the way home. Nice place to stop over. What time of year? If April or later, great weather. March or earlier chilly. No indoor pool. We like chilling at akv personally doing animal activities and lounging by the pool.

What wonderful options, can not go wrong with any choice. Personally, in spring through fall weather, I would stop over at Hilton Head to shorten the long drive to Virginia at a resort you have not fully visited and enjoyed.

When are you going? Ordinarily, I'm a huge HHI fan. However, right now they're doing a major rehab on the pool and it's closed for a couple months. Maybe the best thing is to stay at AKV. I've done a couple non-park stays there (Jambo) and loved it.

I'm going in mid-August - my window to book the extra days opens in 2 days.

We have stayed at Vero and HH. Both offer a wonderful DVC experience. (Don't miss the s'mores!) But with your schedule I'd definitely go with HH.

It's been a long time since I've posted. If anyone knows how to get rid of that "photobucket" thingy please advise. I think (mid-fifties) I didn't quite catch the technology wave!...

It's been a long time since I've posted. If anyone knows how to get rid of that "photobucket" thingy please advise. I think (mid-fifties) I didn't quite catch the technology wave!...
If all you want to do is get rid of it, I think it will disappear if you go to your signature, put the curser behind it and go back. Then save your signature.

You go to your signature by going to your online name in the upper right hand side of this page, not all the way up, in the blue bar. Press or click on your name and go to signature.

I do not know how to get your photos to appear, if that is what you are asking.

Bobbi:)

My vote is for HHI. You really need more than one night to fully enjoy the beauty of the resort and the island. I prefer it over VB. Plus if you go to VB, it will make your drive home longer. If you can't get HHI, my vote would be AKV. That's another one of my favorite resorts. And savanna view is amazing!

Why not add the days before, so your APs still work???

I wish I could, in fact we did, but I forgot about a work commitment that always occurs the last week of July. The earliest we can leave is Friday morning 8/3.

Per most of your recommendations, we have decided to try Hilton Head again, as I secured a one bedroom this morning. Thanks - the drive home will be much better (3.5 hours less) and in the end I think that will probably be the best choice.

This would be my preference.

1) Disney's Vero Beach is a nice place to stay for a couple of nights.
2) Trying to extend your stay at Beach Club. Who doesn't want to stay there longer??? lol
3) A couple of nights at Animal Kingdom would be my last option.

I have not stayed at Hilton Head, so really cannot comment on that resort, but I hear its nice.

Enjoy your trip!!!

We have enjoyed staying at HHI the last couple of years so now we have added on points there (tuff reservation to get at 7 months for later part of June and July). It is a 6 hour drive for us. All CM's should be trained by the HHI staff.

I would vote for Vero Beach because the Tour de Turtles begins August 1st and would allow you to compliment your beach stay with an extension of The Seas at Epcot.

Hard to choose between Vero and HH. Enjoy BOTH, but favor HH more because of abundance of restaurants which are so close. There are good restaurants in Vero also, but you have to be willing to drive a bit more. ENJOY wherever you decide!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter