WDW Vet back from July 1-4 DLR Trip! Loved it!

Abharmagic

DIS Veteran
We loved it! Didn’t expect to love DLR as much as we did. Can’t wait to go back.

Got in July 1 checked in to DLH- room was spacious, clean, comfy. Had a pool view (paid for parking lot view) and got requested extra bed (pull out couch). It was myself, DH, DD (14) and DS (12).

Rode Incredicoaster multiple times, weather was amazing, love DLH. Loved waking everywhere- definitely felt like I was in the “Disney Bubble” the whole time. LOVED Max Pass. Did the Premium Dining for Fantasmic and thought it was so worth it. Booked through Costco and was able to use our dining vouchers and gift card to pay for the meal so that took $240 off our bill. Would definitely recommend booking through Costco.

What we loved at DLR:
- Pirates was way better
- Kids liked Nemo better than Epcot (yes I know it was originally Submarine Voyage 20000 Leagues)
- All the quaint old dark rides (Snow White, Alice, etc)
- Matterhorn
- Loved the inclusion of Disney characters in IASW
- Loved Incredicoaster
- Enjoyed retheming of GOTG

I likened it to Universal FL. Hotels an easy walk, all connected by DTD, with parks right across from each other. Dining was easy to get and weather was amazing! So used to RAIN and humidity! It was so pleasant! We are huge fans now. Really no negatives. We had a wonderful trip.

Last edited by a moderator:

We loved it! Didn’t expect to love DLR as much as we did. Can’t wait to go back.

Got in July 1 checked in to DLH- room was spacious, clean, comfy. Had a pool view (paid for parking lot view) and got requested extra bed (pull out couch). It was myself, DH, DD (14) and DS (12).

Rode Incredicoaster multiple times, weather was amazing, love DLH. Loved waking everywhere- definitely felt like I was in the “Disney Bubble” the whole time. LOVED Max Pass. Did the Premium Dining for Fantasmic and thought it was so worth it. Booked through Costco and was able to use our dining vouchers and gift card to pay for the meal so that took $240 off our bill. Would definitely recommend booking through Costco.

What we loved at DLR:
- Pirates was way better
- Kids liked Nemo better than Epcot (yes I know it was originally 20000 Leagues)
- All the quaint old dark rides (Snow White, Alice, etc)
- Matterhorn
- Loved the inclusion of Disney characters in IASW
- Loved Incredicoaster
- Enjoyed retheming of GOTG

I likened it to Universal FL. Hotels an easy walk, all connected by DTD, with parks right across from each other. Dining was easy to get and weather was amazing! So used to RAIN and humidity! It was so pleasant! We are huge fans now. Really no negatives. We had a wonderful trip.
Glad you had a great time!

So you did the RBT premium seating for Fantasmic? I have that booked for August and have been on the fence due to mixed reviews.

Glad you had a great time!

So you did the RBT premium seating for Fantasmic? I have that booked for August and have been on the fence due to mixed reviews.

Yes! I thought it was worth it. I had that and the WOC Dessert party booked and then that was canceled:( I was so glad we had another special event left to do. A wonderful ending to our trip! I’d say go for it!

We are WDW vets as well and DVC owners that live 1 hr from WDW and took kids to DL last year and of course they want to go back! How were crowds over July 4 week? I heard people saying insane. As a WDW vet how did it compare to 4th here? Thanks!

We are WDW vets as well and DVC owners that live 1 hr from WDW and took kids to DL last year and of course they want to go back! How were crowds over July 4 week? I heard people saying insane. As a WDW vet how did it compare to 4th here? Thanks!

We left on the 4th (not in the parks at all that day) the crowds were considerably bigger on the 3rd than the 1st and 2nd. I really found the crowds to be a non issue though with MaxPass. Between MaxPass, the single rider line, and EMH/Magic Mornings we rode every ride we wanted to as many times as we wanted to with minimal to no wait. I found it superior to the WDW Magic Bands FastPass system (prebooking FPs) in every way.

We left on the 4th (not in the parks at all that day) the crowds were considerably bigger on the 3rd than the 1st and 2nd. I really found the crowds to be a non issue though with MaxPass. Between MaxPass, the single rider line, and EMH/Magic Mornings we rode every ride we wanted to as many times as we wanted to with minimal to no wait. I found it superior to the WDW Magic Bands FastPass system (prebooking FPs) in every way.
Now if we can get MBs at DLR with MP that will be cool!

:wizard:

I am a WDW vet myself planning a trip to DL for February 2019. I'm trying to figure out the benefit of the MaxPass. I realize you can book the fastpass on your phone saving you from running around the park. But are there any other benefits? We are planning on getting a 5 day hopper.

I am a WDW vet myself planning a trip to DL for February 2019. I'm trying to figure out the benefit of the MaxPass. I realize you can book the fastpass on your phone saving you from running around the park. But are there any other benefits? We are planning on getting a 5 day hopper.
Another benefit is that you will receive Photopass with your Maxpass purchase. I love on-ride photos so this is a big plus for me. We don't really take advantage of any of the photo ops from the photographer CMs, but that would be included as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter