WDW Veterans ~ But new DVC members

slp87

DIS Veteran
We've been to WDW many times, but I was wondering what are some of the "in's & out's" of being in the Vacation club? We bought into the club on the last trip and are planning our next at BWV. I've read a few good tips - like bringing fitted sheets. What are some other tips and are there any little perks I should look for?

Never heard of the fitted sheets deal. We have been to OKW, BWV and HH and the sheets are just fine.
As to perks.
1. Pool hopping.
2. DVC discounts which they will give you at check-in.
3. Free valet parking at WLV and BWV.(you should tip)

Can't think of anything else. Enjoy the great accomodations and BWV.

I've heard the fitted sheets one too, not just with the vacation club but all the hotels. (Personally, I don't mind that much if the sheet comes undone during the night.) The other tip I've heard was bring a non-stick frypan if you want one, since the pans provided are not non-stick.

Welcome home! We were at BWV this past May and enjoyed it very much. Other than what BillM shared, you can use the fitness club free as a DVC member. You also might want to consider whether you want to overlook the BW or the rear/pool area. Check out your Member Guidebook also for other perks and ideas. Have fun!

Staying at one of the DVC resorts is a perk in itself. There is a community center with stuff to do. There are activities for the kids and events for the whole family. Be sure to look into it.
At a DVC resort, you have a full kitchen (in a one or two bedroom or GV) or a minikitchen in the studio. We generally bring a suitcase filled with snacks, coffee, etc. and stop at a grocery store on the way into WDW (you can do this with a limo or a rental). We generally eat breakfast daily in our room and lunch or dinner a few times after we get sick of eating and eating and eating. A peanut butter sandwich looks pretty good on the 5th day of a trip to WDW.
Another perk is that you know that you will be coming back so you can relax and just enjoy WDW. There is no need to hit every ride in every park on every day. You can take it easy and relax. If you miss it this time, you'll catch it on the next time.

I had never heard of the sheets thing either! :)

Here's my main tip for my sister-in-law,who is joining us for the first time this trip...don't forget to pack little single serve packets of condiments...we're on a "Condiment Hunt" now, for our August trip...sugar packets, ketchup packets, relish, salt, pepper...all the things you never think of and don't want to buy a big bottle of when you get down there.

First of all WELCOME HOME!

I also have never heard of the sheets. We have been there many times and no problem with the sheets.

I think the best perk, is knowing you can come back as many times as your points will let you. It is just my DH and myself and we do live in S. Fla and we usually just get a studio and eat dinner out, but we were able to come four times last year. Just knowing I can come back whenever, and we don't have to race around to do what we want is a big perk. If I don't get to do it this trip, there is always the next.
I love walking around knowing we can come back, and how many other people there will have to save to come back again in a few years.

Don't forget to bring coffee and filters. They start you with one day, but the next is on your own. I usually remember to bring coffee, but in March I forget the filters. My husband was not upset, because he loves going to the bakery on the Boardwalk and getting Coffee and something to eat and sit there watching the birds, the sky, the water, etc, etc. He says he is at home then.

One of the very best things about DVC is that you have all the more reason to go AGAIN and AGAIN!!! ;) Plus, Member Services is the best--they make planning the trip a very positive experience. WELCOME HOME!! :D

Thanks for the wonderful tips thus far. Last year when we bought in, we got to stay at OKW and my daughter got to paint a lighthouse one day by the pool. Do they have activities like this at BWV and how do I find out about them?

"Welcome Home"
If you are staying in a 1 or 2 BR, you will have a VCR and 'rental' movies are free to DVC members.
We also get discounts on mini golf, the water parks, PI, Disney Quest, and at restaurants around the world. Be sure to get the discount sheet when you check in. And take some time to enjoy the resort, talk with the CMs, they will have loads on good tips.

Have a great trip.

The community center at BWV by the quiet pool has the schedule of activities, along with the video tapes for member use, etc. Check there and see what's going on during your visit!

After our first trip to OKW, we made a list of things we would have liked to have taken with us. Now we just have a check list and check them off as we pack. Some of these are things you can shop for at the market on your way from the airport too. We usually pack laundry tablets, sugar, those picnic salt and pepper shakers, coffee, tea, salad dressing ( in case we can't find our favorite kind there), oatmeal, a non-stick fry pan, and a large microwave container. We find most everything else in the kitchen is to our liking. We don't mind the flat bottom sheets, and LOVE the washer dryer in the unit! It saves us from having to pack the whole closet! We usually bring two hot weather outfits, one cool weather outfit, and enough under wear for 4 days as well as two pairs of shoes per person. We can usually get all of this into 3 carry on size cases. Of course, the one with the kitchen things is a little heavy, but...! We plan on doing one load of clothes a day. That is what keeps our clothes packing to a minimum. We also like to wash the night before we go home, as clean clothes pack much easier than dirty ones!

I like to take a good scrubby thing (copper wire things) to clean pans. I mix garlic/onion powder in a small tupperware container - ya know the kind you can put about 3 Tbs into. This tastes good on anything you cook.

I take large and small freezer bags, and several throw away ziplock containers. Sometimes I will buy them there.

I throw in a bag of microwave popcorn.....sure tastes good at night....especially at pool or watching fireworks from balcony.

If I am in a studio - I throw in the small GF grill.

When we fly, I only take a carryon.....and still manage to fit the little stuff in. We have the clothes thing down to a minimum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter