• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Vets - Back from DL Trip Report

Great start. :thumbsup2

A couple of quick questions about your MM tour:

- Did you notice the line forming at PP after you exited? I've noticed that even after 2-3 min. the line starts forming.....good for you on being one of the first on. :yay:

- Had Alice developed a line when you got there (after Dumbo)?

- Was Storybookland and/or Casey's open during MM?

Edit, I just re-read your post....you hopped over to Nemo at 7:40ish & discovered a 10 min. line....which would have put you over at Storeybookland (since you rode Nemo & Matterhorn) after 8am.

Riding Nemo with very little line at the :40 - :45 mark has been mentioned by a couple of people.....this might be a good time to do Nemo....especially if one has more than one MM available. Thanks for this info.

- Riding Pinocchio, Snow White & the Carousel a few minutes after MM ended....were there any lines on these less popular Fantasyland rides?

- Any special Pinocchio things going on....I just watched the movie last night for the first time in 40 years.....it blew me away.....curious if there's anything special happening on little wooden head's re-release?

Thanks!

hound - :3dglasses

Great start. :thumbsup2

A couple of quick questions about your MM tour:

- Did you notice the line forming at PP after you exited? I've noticed that even after 2-3 min. the line starts forming.....good for you on being one of the first on. :yay:

- Had Alice developed a line when you got there (after Dumbo)?

- Was Storybookland and/or Casey's open during MM?

Edit, I just re-read your post....you hopped over to Nemo at 7:40ish & discovered a 10 min. line....which would have put you over at Storeybookland (since you rode Nemo & Matterhorn) after 8am.

Riding Nemo with very little line at the :40 - :45 mark has been mentioned by a couple of people.....this might be a good time to do Nemo....especially if one has more than one MM available. Thanks for this info.

- Riding Pinocchio, Snow White & the Carousel a few minutes after MM ended....were there any lines on these less popular Fantasyland rides?

- Any special Pinocchio things going on....I just watched the movie last night for the first time in 40 years.....it blew me away.....curious if there's anything special happening on little wooden head's re-release?

Thanks!

hound - :3dglasses

Yes there was already about a 15-20 minute line when we got off PP. This is a favorite and we tried to ride again. Found another strategy that I'll talk about more in a later post - but our last night we watched the fireworks from FL which was an experience! But they build a line back there during the fireworks that is walked in - we were on PP 10 minutes after the fireworks ended.

Alice was no problem - we had maybe 5 minutes to get on that one. . .

Nemo was surprising - I expected it to be more challenging. We also walked on about 15 minutes prior to close another night - we were coming out of Autopia and there was no line at all.

Storybook and Casey's weren't open during MM.

Pinocchio and Snow White even at about 8:30am only had 5-10 minute wait times.

If we had stuck to our original plan RideMax had us covering more total rides - but I wasn't passing up an opening like that at Nemo :)princess:

Wow, from everything I've read it sounds like you did stumble on a great waiting time for Nemo.:thumbsup2

I'm enjoying your trip report. I can tell you all had a blast. It's always nice when you have good friends to share with.

We also want to eat at Ruby's at Huntington Beach. Is it hard to get to? Please explain "mostly down Harbour". I'd like to do this route instead of having to use the California freeways. The sunset picture you got is postcard quality. Good job! Oh, and also good job on the surfer dude pics! I can see why you could have watched them all day ;)

Great shots at the beach, loved the sunset. Good deal getting on Nemo with such a short wait and I'm glad the Matterhorn came back up quickly. I just realized that we never rode the Tomorrowland side when we were there in '05 - have to make sure and try both sides this time around ;)

So what happened next?

TinkSassy - I really want to try Matterhorn, but hear how it is a rough ride and am curious how it compares to SM in WDW. What did you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter