WDW -Vs- US/IOA

Diz

Mouseketeer
Does anyone want to list their reasons why they like US/IOA better than WDW?

I went to WDW in 1982 and have never been back. I've never been to US/IOA and just can't imagine why it would rate higher than WDW. There must be a reason so many people love US/IOA.

Lets see.

I went to US/IOA for the first time over the summer.

The last time I went to Universal was 1985 in Hollywood.

I loved it.. from the moving sidewalk in the parking garage (your feet appreciate that on the way home), to the piped in music, to the fabulous restaurants in City walk (we haven't even gotten to the parks yet!)

Universal, fun, fun, fun. MIB (men in black) so much fun, and it didn't feel kiddy at all.. very adult oriented, Back to the Future, one of the best simulators I have ever been on!, even the ET ride was fun (a little cheesy, but cute!). The Hanna Barbera ride was a TRIP! (took my DH back to the day when the Flintstones were on PRIME TIME!) Jaws was fun, and we giggled ourselves silly about King Kong (and what peoples perception of NYC was/is)

The Hitchcock show was very informative and we laughed so hard during the Horror Makeup show.

T23D was very very ingenious.

Now on to IOA...

Spiderman, great mix of 3D, effects, and visuals.
Dueling Dragons. the themeing, and the excitement factor
Hulk.. what can I say? No wonder this coaster got #1 for Top Ten coasters.. ( they were filming that Travel Channel special when I was there!)
Mythos fabulous restaurant.
Jurassic Park, very fun ride..
Popeye/Dudley Do Right, you will get wet, but it is a lot better than say flume rides in Six Flags.

Down to the music, staging, everything was great there.

In fact we are going back with our kids in August.

Ditto on all the above. And let's not forget--Express line access if you stay at an on-site hotel!! Disney is great, but US/IOA is a totally different experience. If you are into having wonderful experiences on rides, and great theming throughout a park, then it's IOA/US for sure.

Yes, I forgot about Express line. See we didn't say onsite, but we used our multiday passes to get in.. but when we went there weren't that many lines.. (last week of August) we maybe used them three times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter