We are looking for a cottage to rent this summer in Ontario

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! I am married to Davy Crocket. He wants to rent a cottage in Ontario (2 to 3 hours drive from Toronto in any direction) this summer. I left it up to him to look for one. Since I have been leaving this up to dh every year, we have NEVER rented a cottage. So I am asking you all for help. Do you know of any nice cottages for rent? I appreciate your time. Thanks! Sandra

Try Southampton/Port Elgin area. They have a little
of everything there.
If you plan to go the peak summer weeks you will
need to book in February.
I believe there is a website for Southampton Tourist
info.

To add to the answer from Mickey65, near the 1000 Islands is Charlston Lake which is a beautiful place to spend a week in the summer.

Great link Mickey, it's fun looking at all the different places to rent. :)

I hope you find something that "Davy C" is happy with Sandra! :)

We rented a nice cabin on Manitoulin Island last August that was quite reasonable. Not anything super fancy, but clean and right on the water. We got a 3 bedroom for $500, I'm sure it has gone up, but I'm sure it would still be reasonable. There is not a whole lot to do on Manitoulin, but perfect for a nice relaxing holiday. We rented a fishing boat and my hubby and son fished most mornings and we went out and explored the lake every day too. The place is called Bass Creek resort. I can give you details if you want, they do have a website, but I would have to look it up. Have fun searching!

Try the Pic Nic Island Resort near Honey Harbour Ont it is beautiful there

Sandra

If Davey Crocket really wants to get away from Toronto, instead of sticking within the high-priced Muskokas hinterland - why not drive another couple of hours farther north to Lake Nipissing. Located about 15 minutes from North Bay, there are dozens of cottage rental places along the south shore of Lake Nipissing. Clean water, breathtaking sunsets, great little beaches, excellent fishing, peace and quiet and miles away from the frenetic "rat race" of of the Bracebridge, Huntsville, Honey Harbour triangle and that area. We stay at a place called the Waltonian. Cottage's are nothing special but clean, and located on one of the nicest beaches in Northern Ontario. This will be our twelfth year next summer that we migrate south (Yeah, we go "south" for our summer vacation!!)

Dave in the Frozen North

Hi Sandra:

I second the port elgin, southhampton area. It is 2 and a half hours from hamilton. Nice quiet drive thru farmlands.

The beach is a sand bottom, there is a marina, not far from owen sound, collingwood, goderich, for day trips.

Here is a link to a website for accommodations. The two towns port elgin/southhampton are now called saugeen shores.

<a href="http://www.sunsets.com/accommodations.htm" target="_blank">http://www.sunsets.com/accommodations.htm</a>

Deb.

Dave, thanks! I'd would love to hear more about Lake Nipissing. My dad lives in North Bay. We don't visit him often, so a cottage near him would be so nice. When we do visit him, we stay at the Best Western in North Bay (had a problem there) and there is another hotel with an indoor pool near the big mall, we have stayed there too, but it far from my dad's house. I should look into the area.

We have thought about a trek on the Polar Bear Express too!

Deb, we have been to Port Elgin, Southampton, Sauble Beach and even up to Tobermory for a few days here and there. We like the area very much. We only stayed in motels because there really isn't anything resorty up there. (I am not the spoiled brat I pretend to be LOL). The motels are over $100 for nothing more than a little motel room with old furniture. However a cottage in the area would be very nice. In Port Elgin, we stayed at a very nice motel with an indoor pool and a small fitness room, it was quite comfy.

You are all so very helpful! Thank you! Sandra

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter