"We are unable to take your call at this time!" Click.

tee11

DIS Veteran
This has been the message for me now for days when trying to call. There is no "on hold" anymore! And it doesn't matter whether I hit "existing reservation" or "new" or even the travel agent line! Website is not functioning for ordering onboard gifts (or if you had to add special requests etc.).... tried mobile phone/desktop, no luck ("we are working on it") . Someone mentioned emailing a while back? What is the address? I was going to order cake for an onboard birthday, but we are finally running out of time it seems, with no way to contact DCL. I can't be the only one with trouble contacting them? This is problematic, and I don't remember it being this way before, not on opening day, not ever.

I had a similar situation last week when I tried to change my room and I had to call in because they had to deal with FCC, OBC, etc and when I called and selected the existing reservation option I got the same message that they were unable to take calls at this time and please try again later so I called back and selected new reservation and within 3 minutes I was speaking with a cast member....I don't understand why the priorities of previously booked cruises is deemed less important than booking new cruises but I am starting to wonder where Disneys priorities lie....

I called yesterday (Sunday), pushed 3 for new booking and someone answered within 4-5 minutes! 😳

I received this message too, for two days. Called exactly at 8am next morning, told I had 18 minutes wait but someone picked up after 8 minutes. I don’t know if I was just lucky.

The tech support line usually has very little wait.
Never tried the tech support line. However, I thought they would only do tech support and are completely different people?

I had a similar situation last week when I tried to change my room and I had to call in because they had to deal with FCC, OBC, etc and when I called and selected the existing reservation option I got the same message that they were unable to take calls at this time and please try again later so I called back and selected new reservation and within 3 minutes I was speaking with a cast member....I don't understand why the priorities of previously booked cruises is deemed less important than booking new cruises but I am starting to wonder where Disneys priorities lie....
Yes, I had luck a few weeks back with "new reservations" but now it's the same, even "travel agent", "new reservations": "we cannot take your call at this time".

This has been the message for me now for days when trying to call. There is no "on hold" anymore! And it doesn't matter whether I hit "existing reservation" or "new" or even the travel agent line! Website is not functioning for ordering onboard gifts (or if you had to add special requests etc.).... tried mobile phone/desktop, no luck ("we are working on it") . Someone mentioned emailing a while back? What is the address? I was going to order cake for an onboard birthday, but we are finally running out of time it seems, with no way to contact DCL. I can't be the only one with trouble contacting them? This is problematic, and I don't remember it being this way before, not on opening day, not ever.
I’ve tried day after day to get through and this is all I get. I try first thing in the morning as they open, mid day and end of day.

I’ve tried day after day to get through and this is all I get. I try first thing in the morning as they open, mid day and end of day.
I did write the email (THANKS @goofystitch!), and received acknowledgement of receipt (short email by DCL). We are so close to sailing now that there is not much else I can do - hopefully I can organize cake onboard if it didn't go through! If I had any other issue I would literally try every extension, especially if it's time sensitive and relevant. I had not tried the tech support line, so that would have been one more option.

I saw the recommendation for a travel agent, but I've had mediocre-at-best experiences, and while it can save a hassle sometimes, I think in the current conditions it will simply result in you being told that they couldn't get the request in either, or couldn't get whatever you wanted. If the website is working again as it was and should, and you have full control of your own reservation, it is really the best imo. I've never had any issues like this and it was always great to talk to DCL directly (other than opening day!) I'm not sure WHAT is causing this, and I hope DCL will take care of it.

See above. Travel agent line got the same message and call ended the same.
Many TAs have access to things online that the general public does not. My TA doesn't sit on hold, except the one day of new itineraries being released, when the website crashed.
Either way, it's not my task. I let her know what I need, and when I return from work, it's been taken care of.

I saw the recommendation for a travel agent, but I've had mediocre-at-best experiences, and while it can save a hassle sometimes, I think in the current conditions it will simply result in you being told that they couldn't get the request in either, or couldn't get whatever you wanted. If the website is working again as it was and should, and you have full control of your own reservation, it is really the best imo. I've never had any issues like this and it was always great to talk to DCL directly (other than opening day!) I'm not sure WHAT is causing this, and I hope DCL will take care of it.
I have done both, and I have moved to using a TA. The only thing I have to do with the TA is related to payment -- cancelation, adding pre or post stays, etc. Other general questions I still go directly to DCL if I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter