• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"We are unable to take your call..."

MonaMN

DIS Veteran
You know, if the phone lines are so backed up that they are unable to take your call and hang up on you, you'd think that they might make it easier to cancel a reservation so that I don't have to call.

We planned on a spring break cruise next year but added a HOTHS instead... and I don't even have the option of being on hold right now.

I love you DCL, but this is ridiculous.

Seriously… I have not tried every day, but I am still getting this today (twice so far). If they would just add an option to cancel, I would not have to call at all.

The one day I got in the queue, I waited on hold for two hours, and when I talked to the CM, she informed me that their reservation system was down and she couldn’t do anything.

I mean… you can’t make this stuff up.

I wasn't going to cancel just possibly change from the Dream to the Wish. Hung up on too. I was "well that wasn't very Disney like."

:rotfl: :rotfl:

You know, if the phone lines are so backed up that they are unable to take your call and hang up on you, you'd think that they might make it easier to cancel a reservation so that I don't have to call.

We planned on a spring break cruise next year but added a HOTHS instead... and I don't even have the option of being on hold right now.

I love you DCL, but this is ridiculous.
100%.

We had a party of five booked in two rooms. One party could not longer go. I was able to move our two children to our stateroom. I was even able to move the stateroom to a new location. But, I had to wait for 4.5 hours to cancel the one room we no longer needed. What a waste of resources for something that could be added to the website with very little effort.

Update: Finally got in the queue this afternoon… three hours later, I spoke to a nice CM who was able to get the job done in about a minute.

Pretty ridiculous… they can and should do better.

I was dealing with this on both Wednesday and Thursday. I needed to add the bus transfers for one way only. Online, I could only add them round trip so I had to call in. Wednesday, kept getting the "we're too busy to take your call" message when I selected that I had an existing reservation and quoted wait times of between 45 and 90 minutes when I selected the new reservation option. I would have stayed on when I was quoted 45 minutes but I had a work Zoom call in 30 minutes. So finally last night, I called around 8:30, selected the "new reservation" option and was quoted 90 minutes, but a wonderful CM answered the phone after about 35 minutes and took care of adding the transfers in less than 5 minutes.

If they can't get enough people to answer the phones, then they need to fix their website so more things can be taken care of without calling in. But I hesitate to say that since their last website upgrade was such a disaster.

i keep having this problem. i have a few questions that i cant find answers on. is there a best time to call?

I have bus transfers and I wanted to switch my resort from SSR to Poly for the night through DVC but then I didn't want to put up with the chances of never getting through so I just kept SSR (which I love btw)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter