We Ate, We Drank, We Conquered - An Aug/Sep '16 Dining Report - Complete 3/11

Side note when I looked online at the lunch menu just now it looks like they have really cut down the ala carte menu in favor of the all you can east feast they do at dinner time. Anyone heard of this????
I've only eaten at LTT once, and that was in 2010, but we did have the feast for lunch - or whatever version they did at that time. We haven't gone back since because we thought it was OK, but nothing great. This was well before my DIS days so I didn't know about the Ooey gooey toffee cake and I have no recollection what we had for dessert, but it couldn't have been the toffee cake because it seems memorable. I'm seriously thinking of going back next trip just to try it!

Love all Casey's "people meet" shots princess: We're supposed to eat at LTT for lunch next month and I'm not thrilled that they changed the menu. The 2 things I wanted most are still there, the corn fritters and Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake, so I have to see if everyone else is still on board :rolleyes: Steve and Ricky wanted to get what you and Casey had!

As one Princess to another I heartily approve of Casey's choice of head gear. princess:
Wish I would've seen those Ears on my last trip so I could have purchased a pair for myself.
"Meeting people" is indeed very important especially at Disney. I tend not to like people in general but for my Disney characters I make an exception ;)
In fact one of my sisters commented after seeing all my character pics "why can't you hug us like that". And of course my reply was "Because you're not a Disney character, that's why!"

Casey's photos are absolutely adorable especially with Minnie.
As for LTT I did indeed notice the menu change yesterday. Still itching to get me one of those Ooey Gooey cakes. Glad to see it's still on the menu and hope it's still there when I make it back hopefully for the 50th.

Agreed. I'm not a people person, but I become a chatter box with Disney characters. lol

In case anyone was curious, here's the Disney Food Blog post about the new LTT changes: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...vern-now-features-all-you-care-to-eat-option/

Why have I never eaten at LTT?!! Jenn, also from the commonwealth, will add it to her list!

Side note when I looked online at the lunch menu just now it looks like they have really cut down the ala carte menu in favor of the all you can east feast they do at dinner time. Anyone heard of this????

I just read about the menu change this morning. I was really looking forward to lunch with either the pot roast or the pork sandwich...both of which of no longer on the menu. Still going to keep our ADR because my husband will like the AYCE feast option and there's no way I'm missing out on the ooey gooey toffee cake. But yeah, I'm bummed.

Joining in very, very late. Still room for one last wayward DIS'r? :oops:
Your trip looks incredible & food more so.
I agree with all re the sad lunch menu shake up at Liberty Tree. If there is any place with a huge devoted following, its LTT. Fingers crossed the powers that be have their ears open & some old favourites return to the menu.

Casey looks adorable in that headband. :)

After quickly checking in they called for the Stone Family from the Commonwealth of Virginia and we were very impressed they knew VA was a commonwealth and not a state. Details matter at Disney people
How did Virginia stay a commonwealth? Are any other states really commonwealths?

This is Traditional Roast Turkey served with Herb Bread Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, and a Green Beans. They split this for Casey and I, so what you are seeing is only HALF of the food you get. Needless to say this ALOT but very good.
DH and I used to split the Pilgrim's feast so that we would have room for the Ooey Goey dessert.

Jason decided to go all Revolutionary War on me and channeled his inner Englishman with the Tavern Battered Fish and Chips.
DH liked the fish and chips.

I agree with all re the sad lunch menu shake up at Liberty Tree. If there is any place with a huge devoted following, its LTT. Fingers crossed the powers that be have their ears open & some old favourites return to the menu.
We have a reservation for December that we might cancel if they don't switch the menu back to include the pot roast.

I'm here, ready to eat vicariously through you and your awesome family. :goodvibes Enjoying everything so far. You really make me consider LTT

I haven't been to LTT in probably almost 10 years due to a less than delicious dinner but your visits are making me want to give it another try. Those thick cut fries! Side note - did the Plaza ever get them back?

Seems like the all day dinner menu is the new preferred strategy. I get it from a business perspective but as a guest it is frustrating.

Looks like it was a fun day!!

I'm also considering cancelling my LTT ADR. Anyone know if they will allow substituting grilled chicken for the salmon in the colony salad? Will they allow an adult to get the child's pot roast?

Love all Casey's "people meet" shots princess: We're supposed to eat at LTT for lunch next month and I'm not thrilled that they changed the menu. The 2 things I wanted most are still there, the corn fritters and Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake, so I have to see if everyone else is still on board :rolleyes: Steve and Ricky wanted to get what you and Casey had!
I am keeping my lunch ADR. it is at 1pm and we have a 6:45 Sanaa dinner so I might just get the fritters and the cake. maybe a bowl of chowder.

I'm joining in late, but excited to read your reviews! Man, I miss the Poly and those nachos were one of my absolute favorite things I ate on our last trip. Looks like we will be there the same time as you in February! My daughter is competing in the national dance competition, then we will be moving over to a Cars suite at AOA to enjoy a family vacation after all of the competition chaos! We've never been to Disney when it's not blazing hot so we are looking forward to pleasant/cool weather and hopefully pretty low crowds :goodvibes

Following along and, although I don't think we were in the same parks on the same days, I'll be scanning your photos for me :rotfl2:

The Ooey Gooey toffee cake looks so good, I would definitely eat this for breakfast right now! Thanks to your reports I tried it in August and yes ate the whole thing myself!
Breakfast, lunch, or dinner ooey gooey cake is for every meal!

Yes the ala carte menu is almost non existent! Luckily Ooey gooey toffee cake is still there!

Tagging @Lisa F. Those corn fritters look amazing!!!
I'd completely missed all the menu change drama. Think we may be skipping it next time. Love me ooey gooey cake, but none of the entrees entice me at all.

a lot of people must have dumped their adrs after the change because I was able to score one at 35 days out. there is still enough on the menu to keep me happy. . thinking the corn fritters , chowder and ooey gooey toffee cake. the pasta was also appealing to me. also the crab dip. basically everything left but the burger ! my real hope is they will listen to recent guest feedback and bring back a few more a more a la carte choices in the next month .
We've usually been able to get them with only a day's notice or day of, but I'm sure the new menu is likely sending more and more folks away. I think we are gonna skip it next time, though I do love the idea of just corn fritters, chowder, and ooey gooey cake for my meal!!!! Hopefully they will soon restore sanity, though I'm sure higher prices may keep that at bay.

As one Princess to another I heartily approve of Casey's choice of head gear. princess:
Wish I would've seen those Ears on my last trip so I could have purchased a pair for myself
I will be sure to tell her your approve ; ) Her ears are from a year or 2 ago so they may not have them anymore.

"Meeting people" is indeed very important especially at Disney. I tend not to like people in general but for my Disney characters I make an exception ;)
In fact one of my sisters commented after seeing all my character pics "why can't you hug us like that". And of course my reply was "Because you're not a Disney character, that's why!"
:-) I think you and Casey would make great Disney touring pals.

Casey's photos are absolutely adorable especially with Minnie.
Thanks. I think she's pretty darn adorable myself, but with half my genes and all I may be a bit biased.

Those corn fritters look so good!! If I see corn nuggets on a menu, I almost always have to order them. Yum!
Are corn nuggets really a thing? These were delicious but I don't think I've ever seen them elsewhere

I read about the changed lunch menu at LTT a couple days ago. I've never been there myself before but would be more likely to order a sandwich for lunch instead of an AYCTE meal. I find unless it's the last thing I do at night, I can't eat too heavy & then walk around in the sun & heat for the rest of the day & night. Even the QSDDP was way too much for me at one sitting. But that's just me. :)
I'm with you on all the food. I can make an exception for a breakfast buffet but I just don't have all the much room at lunch or dinner. Unless or course its really Thanksgiving and I can just lay on the couch the rest of the day

I've been meaning to stop in Skipper Canteen to try a couple apps for lunch. I really hope their menu doesn't change much before I do.
Hope you are able to try it. Great menu, great apps, great service, yep its pretty darn great!

I smile every time I read about y'all going on the 'Pooper.' Haha!
I'm hoping I use it enough they just change the name :-)

Awesome update Kari! It was so great to meet you and your lovely family....such a nice memory! And in food news....I am now completely salivating over the corn fritters at LTT, they look amazing!
Thanks Susan!!!! It was so great to meet you 2.

I've only eaten at LTT once, and that was in 2010, but we did have the feast for lunch - or whatever version they did at that time. We haven't gone back since because we thought it was OK, but nothing great. This was well before my DIS days so I didn't know about the Ooey gooey toffee cake and I have no recollection what we had for dessert, but it couldn't have been the toffee cake because it seems memorable. I'm seriously thinking of going back next trip just to try it!
I would definitely consider going back, but only if they reinstitute the regular menu. Hopefully the AYCTE thing isn't permanent. But if it is, just head to Skippers Canteen cause coming up in a few days we discover a dessert that rivals ooey gooey cake.

I think a lunch of corn fritters and ooey gooey cake sounds great ; ) Though the boys would have to go the AYCTE route. Check out the EasyWDW latest report on how long it took to eat there before you make a decision. This may be the time to finally try and lure the gang to Skippers Canteen!

Agreed. I'm not a people person, but I become a chatter box with Disney characters. lol

In case anyone was curious, here's the Disney Food Blog post about the new LTT changes: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...vern-now-features-all-you-care-to-eat-option/
Thanks. I hadn't seen the article, but think we are going to skip it for now. EasyWDW had a pretty scathing review of not just the food and cost, but the inordinate amount of time its now taking to eat.

Why have I never eaten at LTT?!! Jenn, also from the commonwealth, will add it to her list!
Cheers to all things Commonwealth!!!!

Just checking in--so glad to find more of your reviews !!
Welcome. Hopefully you enjoy the latest round.

I just read about the menu change this morning. I was really looking forward to lunch with either the pot roast or the pork sandwich...both of which of no longer on the menu. Still going to keep our ADR because my husband will like the AYCE feast option and there's no way I'm missing out on the ooey gooey toffee cake. But yeah, I'm bummed.
I read that they still have the pot roast on the kids menu so they may let you order that. If not just have some corn fritters and ooey gooey cake and call it a day!

Joining in very, very late. Still room for one last wayward DIS'r? :oops:
Your trip looks incredible & food more so.
Wayward, we just got this party started. As bad as I am I'd say you are early at this point :)

Casey looks adorable in that headband. :)
Thanks!

How did Virginia stay a commonwealth? Are any other states really commonwealths?
I have no idea. My 4th grade Virginia history knowledge has long since left my crazy brain. If I recollect at least 1 or 2 other states are commonwealths but Kentucky is the only one I remember. Thanks for the history test Sue :)

We have a reservation for December that we might cancel if they don't switch the menu back to include the pot roast.
I read you can order the pot roast from the kids menu still.

I'm here, ready to eat vicariously through you and your awesome family. :goodvibes Enjoying everything so far. You really make me consider LTT
It wouldn't be the same without you!

I haven't been to LTT in probably almost 10 years due to a less than delicious dinner but your visits are making me want to give it another try. Those thick cut fries! Side note - did the Plaza ever get them back?

Seems like the all day dinner menu is the new preferred strategy. I get it from a business perspective but as a guest it is frustrating.

Looks like it was a fun day!!
I don't think Plaza ever got the good fries back. Though I think with the new menu we'll be off LTT for a while so I'll let you know on The Plaza in February.

I'm also considering cancelling my LTT ADR. Anyone know if they will allow substituting grilled chicken for the salmon in the colony salad? Will they allow an adult to get the child's pot roast?
I read they are letting adults get the pot roast, but sort can't help with the chicken. Though with no other chicken on the menu that may be hard.

What an awesome lunch. How fun meeting Suse66!!
It was a great lunch,though Susan was definitely better :)

Yay, love your reviews! Looking forward to reading more.
Thanks for joining along again!

I'm joining in late, but excited to read your reviews! Man, I miss the Poly and those nachos were one of my absolute favorite things I ate on our last trip. Looks like we will be there the same time as you in February! My daughter is competing in the national dance competition, then we will be moving over to a Cars suite at AOA to enjoy a family vacation after all of the competition chaos! We've never been to Disney when it's not blazing hot so we are looking forward to pleasant/cool weather and hopefully pretty low crowds :goodvibes
Hi Stranger!!!! How have you been? Haven't seen you on here for a while!

Awesome we'll be there at the same time. What days are you going to be there? We'll be there 3-11 staying at AKL until I change my mind again (apologies in advance to the awesome travel agent that is @ariane37)

Following along and, although I don't think we were in the same parks on the same days, I'll be scanning your photos for me :rotfl2:
Hi there! I forgot you were there at the same time as us. I always love scanning photos for a glimpse of myself. Haven't found waldo yet though:)

Hi everyone. Hopefully I'll get to post an update this weekend, but wanted to share some of Casey's Halloween pictures. She was "Captain America But a Girl" and as usual was quite enamored by herself. But being this cute, who wouldn't be?

unnamed-1.jpg unnamed.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter