We Booked Our First Disneyland Room / Tickets Package

TheyCallMeStacey

Mouseketeer
If I find a better hotel price for the dates of our stay (where we're booked) is there a process to amend the reservation? How have you managed that issue if you see something come up that's a better value than when you booked?

Thanks!!

I've only stayed onsite and it's never been a problem to amend my package, but I've never switched onsite hotels. I have a feeling that if you've booked a 'Good Neighbor' and want to change hotels you'll probably have to cancel and rebook.

But if you're talking about finding a discount or lower rate where you're already staying AND that rate is on the DLR website, you just call WDTC and they'll credit you the difference. BFF and I got a 7th night at DLH one year for $67 due to a rate change.

If you find the rate on the hotel's website and it's NOT on the DLR website, AFAIK they don't 'price match'. But it never hurts to call.

We're staying at Paradise Pier - it should be rethemed by the time of our stay (it was not great when we stayed there last, but I have an open mind about our upcoming stay). So if I understand right, I can just call and have them adjust?

just call WDTC and they'll credit you the difference
StormyCA - I'm sure this is something I should know, but could you explain more (WDTC?)?

THANK YOU for your response!

We're staying at Paradise Pier - it should be rethemed by the time of our stay (it was not great when we stayed there last, but I have an open mind about our upcoming stay). So if I understand right, I can just call and have them adjust?

StormyCA - I'm sure this is something I should know, but could you explain more (WDTC?)?

WDTC: Walt Disney Travel Company

It's super easy to modify it. You can do it yourself by calling, if you used a TA they can call and do it for you. If you booked a package it should still be easy to switch hotels, whether on property or off. You should NOT have to cancel and rebook.

If I find a better hotel price for the dates of our stay (where we're booked) is there a process to amend the reservation? How have you managed that issue if you see something come up that's a better value than when you booked?

Thanks!!
I usually book the hotel myself and I just call if a better rate comes along. If it's a new Disney rate and you booked through them, it's simple to have them adjust it. If it's a rate from a 3rd party, and that's who you originally used, call them and get your price adjusted. If you booked through Disney and find a cheaper rate through a 3rd party, you can just book through the 3rd party and cancel the original Disney booking. Just be sure it's the same thing you booked (room type, etc) when you are making price comparisons.

For example, Disney will sometimes offer a special rate after I've already booked. I just call them and have it adjusted. You might book with Disney and then find a better deal with Orbitz or Getaway Today etc. If so, you can decide if you want to book a new reservation with them and cancel your original booking.

Sometimes I find a rate that's the same but offers something extra, like a room upgrade or a gift card etc and have to decide if it's worth it.

Yes, just give them a call.

I'm assuming that the change in rate is due to a new 'special offer'. It's great when that happens!

Thanks everyone! I'll definitely be stalking the website for price changes :)

Good call! Just be sure to check 'the fine print' on all offers, even if it appears that you don't qualify. This applies more to WDW since there are so many onsite choices and categories, but you never know.

One thing to note, it used to be that you couldn't cancel packages for refunds. Is that still the case?

Otherwise Disney is pretty friends when it comes to refunds and you can usually cancel any hotel booking up to like 5 days before check in. I've had to use that once or twice and it worked perfectly.

One thing to note, it used to be that you couldn't cancel packages for refunds. Is that still the case?

Otherwise Disney is pretty friends when it comes to refunds and you can usually cancel any hotel booking up to like 5 days before check in. I've had to use that once or twice and it worked perfectly.

I've been booking packages since 2012 and a refund has always been an option with caveats. There's a $200 penalty if you cancel within 30 days, and no refund if you cancel within 24 hours of arrival.

I'm sure they'd waive the penalty if you had a good enough reason. Or you can just move your dates to a future date. I recently moved a WDW trip from Oct to Mar with no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter