We can do it! -Disney bride weight loss group

Yeah... I felt pretty good that day when I got dressed and we had sooooooo much fun!! :goodvibes There are about 4 pics that I like. I posted the link on another thread just now. There is definitely a thin girl fighting to get out in me... the problem is, I've actually seen her in the mirror 3 years ago... so I know she's really there... ugh... it'll be better tomorrow... ;) Feel free to check out the link. I put it up so people could see Randy's work. The pics are great, I just don't like how I look....

happylalagirl said:
Yeah... I felt pretty good that day when I got dressed and we had sooooooo much fun!! :goodvibes There are about 4 pics that I like. I posted the link on another thread just now. There is definitely a thin girl fighting to get out in me... the problem is, I've actually seen her in the mirror 3 years ago... so I know she's really there... ugh... it'll be better tomorrow... ;) Feel free to check out the link. I put it up so people could see Randy's work. The pics are great, I just don't like how I look....

Ok, I will go check them out! I'm sure you look awesome. We're always harder on ourselves than we should be, aren't we?

OK, you are WAY too hard on yourself!! Those are ADORABLE!!!! You two make a gorgeous couple. Look in the mirror and tell yourself that you are beautiful and to stop being silly. If you want to lose more, then continue working out or whatever you're doing, but don't get yourself down. You look great!!!

Thank you. It's just been a long weekend. We didn't sleep well because we were on an air mattress and I guess I am just sleep deprived. I know I'll be ok by the wedding... just one of those nights. Thanks for the encouraging words. :sunny:

Wish me luck, I am starting WW meeting today! Something has got to get my butt motivated, i am getting married in six months and the clock is ticking....... :rolleyes:

SRUAlmn- i was just wondering what kind of diet you are on? i want to lose about 45lbs by August and the diet has not been going well :furious: i need to start paying more attention to this thread for support!! :goodvibes i have not yet bought my dress either because i am "trying" to lose weight and didnt want to pay lots of money for alterations if possible. but, since i am not sticking to any diet i may not have to worry about that now will i :rotfl:

happylalagirl-your pics look great :goodvibes and yes i think you are too hard on yourself also!! i think you looked beautiful :goodvibes

Belle83007 said:
SRUAlmn- i was just wondering what kind of diet you are on? i want to lose about 45lbs by August and the diet has not been going well :furious: i need to start paying more attention to this thread for support!! :goodvibes i have not yet bought my dress either because i am "trying" to lose weight and didnt want to pay lots of money for alterations if possible. but, since i am not sticking to any diet i may not have to worry about that now will i :rotfl:

happylalagirl-your pics look great :goodvibes and yes i think you are too hard on yourself also!! i think you looked beautiful :goodvibes

Here is what works for me:
I am taking Hoodia which I mentioned earlier in this thread.
I am doing WW sort of. I don't do well with points because you can sort of eat whatever you want, so I balance points AND calories. it works SO MUCH better.
For me, I HAVE to exercise. Just changing what I eat doesn't do it for me.
I am drinking ONLY water (sometimes Crystal Light packs in it.) That makes a HUGE difference.

SRUAlmn - i am kind of doing the same thing. i am doing ww with metabolife and only drinking water with a packet of the lipton to go iced tea :rolleyes: i guess i am just having a problem sticking to it!! :rotfl: the only exercising i am doing is walking, i just feel too funny to go to the gym :guilty: i started AGAIN today for like the 100th time so we will see :rolleyes:

Belle83007 said:
SRUAlmn - i am kind of doing the same thing. i am doing ww with metabolife and only drinking water with a packet of the lipton to go iced tea :rolleyes: i guess i am just having a problem sticking to it!! :rotfl: the only exercising i am doing is walking, i just feel too funny to go to the gym :guilty: i started AGAIN today for like the 100th time so we will see :rolleyes:

You and me both!! I have NO WILLPOWER!!! I guess we have less desperation beacuse we still have 10-11 months to go. However, it's going to take me that long to lose what I need to lose!

I agree about going to the gym too, so I bought one of those stretchy bands and I do some things at home. Also, if you have Comcast with On Demand, there is a whole exercise section (which is free) and it has some pilates, yoga, and other cardio segments you can do. I'm too fat to be in a gym full of beautiful perfect people. I'll take the at-home version please ;)

Help! The cake filling thread is making me crave evil things! :rotfl:

I haven't really been able to go to the gym since school has started, and with my emotions, and stress going up and down lately... there's no way I'm gonna make my goal. :guilty:

Moonpie - i know exactly what you mean... I am going on a Youth retreat this weekend with our Sr. high youth group and I just went shopping with the youth director (aka - my best friend) and we bought a bunch of snacks and stuff for the kids to eat... ie - not healthy food for someone trying to lose weight.

Not only am I struggling with food, but I'm struggling with stress. We just got our BEO yesterday and I cried almost the entire night. We can't afford what they quoted us, and now we have to cut our guest list... not an easy task, especially since we sent out save the dates over a year ago... argh...
I really think we should have just done an intimate... but he didn't want to and neither did I really... I guess I'm more willing to settle for something than he is... He swares we can make it work if we can drop the price back into our budget range... I really just want to eat some chocolate and call it a night...

Oh yeah, and to make matters worse... my FMIL who sometimes lives with us when she isn't living in FL (long story - trying to sell the house we currently live in, in NJ - which is hers and dad's), she let my INDOOR Siamese cat outside and now he won't come home... we hear him but he's in the neighbor's yard and won't come back.... he's the sweetest cat ever and I really wish he'd come back... I miss him and want to snuggle with him and he's not here to do it with... :guilty: :guilty: :sad2:

Makes me want to just jump up and workout... :sad1:

OK - I'm done ranting... I won't eat any chocolate and I'll do my best to be on good behavior this weekend... sadness usually makes me lose my appetite, so I should be fine... I just wish we could hit the lottery - I don't even need a big one, a small one would do fine... oh well... I need those dollars to achieve my dream, not add to the NJ lottery fund....

SRUAlmn- I am the same way absolutely NO WILLPOWER, and you are right i feel like well i have 11mons it just still seems too far away too care :rotfl: i really do care though, i get so depressed and cry about it and swear that i will try again tomorrow then when it comes i can't do it :sad2: i am addicted to all the wrong foods popcorn:: if only fruits and veggies were high in fat and chocolate and fried foods were low fat i would be one healthy girl :rotfl:

moonpie- i read that thread too and wanted cake after reading it. it all just sounded so yummy. and i am right there with you with the stress and emotions :sad2: money is a major stress right now with the wedding and all, and i think it seriously makes me eat more because food is my comfort :guilty: then i get depressed because i am eating :rotfl:

Okkkkkayyyyy!!!!!! We need to pick it up ladies, we are all down in the dumps with this weight loss goal we have put in front of ourselves, and I think one thing we aall share is the mindset that failure is not an option, so lets get those booties in motion and think "light"!!!!! :thumbsup2

i found a great website www.hungrygirl.com

If you follow weight watchers it is especially good cause it gives you a points value per serving! Even if you dont follow weight watchers it is still a great sight. If you sign up for the e-mail option they will send you a daily tip or idea for weight loss. I have been on it for three days and I have got so many ideas, tips, and tricks, and I have not wanted to go off plan yet. So, i really encourage you to check it out.

Also with holidays starting to approach meal planning is going to get even tougher on us trying to lose, so here is another site www.lightntasty.com you can put in a recipe idea and it pulls up all kinds of recipes and ways to make those bad things healthy for us (I.e......mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie....my weakness :rolleyes: )

So girls lets get out of the "can'ts"and "impossibles" and get motivated.

c'mon disney fans "Hakuna Matata", or " A dream is a wish your heart makes...." or "If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.” (my fave) :cool1:

Good luck!!!!

I agree with TinkBride! We all need to keep our goals in front of us! I went to Sparkpeople.com when it was suggested earlier in this thread and "omigod" is this a great site!!!! :love: I have lost 7.5 pounds since first going there and I had really started to despair also. No more despair for me; I am learning great tools there. C'mon, lets just do it :grouphug:

WithDisneySpirit said:
I agree with TinkBride! We all need to keep our goals in front of us! I went to Sparkpeople.com when it was suggested earlier in this thread and "omigod" is this a great site!!!! :love: I have lost 7.5 pounds since first going there and I had really started to despair also. No more despair for me; I am learning great tools there. C'mon, lets just do it :grouphug:

I LOVED that site too, but I can't afford to keep up with the groceries that I needed to stick with the food plans! :rolleyes: I'm in the process of trying to figure out a way to improvise.

isn't spark people the best! I love it so much! It forces me to work out b/c I have "scheduled cardio" for that day. keep it up! :thumbsup2

Yes, thank you HeatherLynn!!!!!!!!!! If you PM me your username on the site, maybe I can still get you referral sparkpoints :goodvibes

By the way, I never used their meal plans to begin with. I used my own most healthy preferred foods and I am tracking complex carbs, fiber, and calories with my own food. You can learn more about nutrition from their articles and I joined two spark teams, one of which is a 2008 bride to be group :love: :sunny:

Oh, I have also learned some great new strength moves too, wow!

thats so great! congrats! and thanks for the sparkpoints fofer, but you dont have to do that, but its very sweet of you! I dont use their meal plans eitehr but i do track all i eat and as well added in some other "nutrients" i want to track. dont know how I didn't stumble across the site earlier! :bounce:

TinkBride said:
Okkkkkayyyyy!!!!!! We need to pick it up ladies, we are all down in the dumps with this weight loss goal we have put in front of ourselves, and I think one thing we aall share is the mindset that failure is not an option, so lets get those booties in motion and think "light"!!!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the pep talk, Tink Bride!! I've been terribly absent from this thread but now I'm back!! I am having an "on again, off again" relationship with my diet so I'm trying to remember that every day is a chance to start over and develop good habits.

Thank you all for motivating me. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one having a tough time with controlling the foods I eat.

By the way, I bought "Buff Brides" on someone's recommendation a little while ago and it's really helped! I don't know that much about strength training and it has great exercises to do at home. If you have more muscle, you lose weight faster so don't forget weight training in addition to cardio!

Go team! :cheer2:

~LJ

I ate pizza for breakfast today... :guilty: ...which probably lets you know what I ate last night... :guilty: But I swear that's my last splurge. :) I'll be good from now on. :thumbsup2

I hope you all are having better luck than I am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter