We did it! We bought into dvc today!!

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
After years of wanting to join and renting points online through the dis boards, we finally bought into dvc today!

We bought into SS with 160 points to start. I was told we were approved on the phone yesterday, we talked about it, and when our guide Jenna called me today, i paid the 10% down and was told the docs would be shipped out to us.

We have a reservation for Feb 24-27 at port orleans now, but was told to call my guide tomorrow after 12 her time and she will have our paperwork and member number then.

she said since i paid the 10% down in full, she can do a conference call with member services tomorrow and we can get a room using our points for the feb trip and get a refund on what we paid to disney for the cash room. We were going to pay the $500 down and the balance in 30 days, but she said we couldnt use the points until it was paid, so we just paid it all now, either way we had to pay it, so no big deal on that.

I was going to rent points again for that trip and was told the SS is avail for the dates, unless its changed in the last 3 days which it could have. I was told the others are already filled up.

I have wanted to do this for a long time, but battleing a soon to be ex wife at the time, then divorce and now remarriage has finally gotten me to be able to do this. We visit at least once, but lately twice a year, so i think it will pay off for us.

Just wanted to share my news with everyone!!:goodvibes

Congrats and welcome home! It will be a decision you will not regret. :goodvibes

i already own at ssr, if i wanted to do an add on when akv become available what is the smallest number of points i can purchase?

Welcome Home and congrates we are just over a year and what a year it has been.

Welcome home! A year ago we were just buying our first 150 points at BWV through the Timeshare store. Then we added on 180 at VWL. As of Thursday we're adding 200 at AKV. In about a year's time, we're up to 530 points.

Watch out for the "addonitis" bug.

messages_welcome_032.gif
HOME !!!!

Congratulations!! How awesome that you get to go "home" so soon! Have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter