We don't need to go to middle school orientation, you'll be fine We're going to Florida!

Disney_Cindy

Earning My Ears
Hello! This is my first time ever at attempting to write any kind of trip report, but I'll do my best.
To start here's a little bit about my family of three, and our pets, which I consider to be like children, well at least my dogs, not so much my daughters hamster he's more like a cousin or the rabbit, he's like an uncle you love but don't really see much.
Of course there's me, I'm the Disney fanatic of the family. I work full time and spend many hours driving my daughter to and from her activities.
My husband, he is Active Duty (AD) in the Air Force, he is not a Disney fanatic but he goes because he loves seeing me and our daughter happy.
My daughter, who is 11, and diabetic, she's dances and does gymnastics competitively, she is definitely a hard worker and I am so proud of the young lady she is becoming.
Lastly we have 2 dogs, Ozzie a little white malti-poo who acts like a little old cranky man, and Etta a Great Pyrenees husky mix who thinks she is a lap dog, then the hamster-grump-a-lump, and rabbit, thumper.

Our first family trip to WDW was last year, August 2016, before that I hadn't been since 1986 when I was 6. It was a great vacation! I didn't think we'd get to go back for a couple of years, we live in Las Vegas and with DH being AD it's difficult to make vacation plans. In February my DD broke her arm, then re-fractured it in April and had to have surgery to put a plate and pin put in, and on Easter DH was sent to Idaho TDY (work). So I wasn't even thinking about vacation. As summer started, I was a little sad that we didn't have anything planned for vacation, we had talked about going to DL and Universal in California and while that would have worked I wasn't super excited. So I started looking at airfare, randomly here and there and then one night there it was Super cheap AIRFARE!! I did some quick estimates based on our trip from last August and realized we could actually do longer trip, and do WDW and Universal for just about the same as our last trip. I wrote my husband a long text with my estimates asking if we could go back. A few minutes later he replied with a I guess. I was super excited and booked the tickets.

The next day I told DD about the trip and her response was we're going to miss my middle school orientation. I told her that I had been to my middle school and to trust me that she would be okay and would be able to find her classes and locker even though she would miss her orientation.

Next up our resort plans, and planning....

Onto the resorts...last trip we stayed in an AoA Lion King suite, but when I looked for rates for this trip CBR and CSR were much cheaper, plus with I knew that since they were mods we would get a better military discount. So I called and booked CBR for 8/1-8/8 and booked RPR at Universal for 8/8-8/12. I knew both CBR and CSR were under construction, but figured it wouldn't really have any effect on our trip. But then I started reading and researching about the CBR construction and realized how many common areas were effected. So after talking to DD, I called waited on hold for an hour or so, and switched our reservation to CSR. I had the unfortunate luck of booking the trip when they decided to update the website in June that caused it to be down for a few days. DD was much more excited about CSR's pool slide, and I was excited about having a gift shop.

Got in touch with SOG and ordered our tickets for WDW and Universal. They had a ticket that was cheaper than what I was expecting for a 5 day WP and more Park Hopper, so that was a bonus. I knew we could get free SeaWorld admission because of my husband and I had him get those tickets to. So as it currently stands our plans for our upcoming trip are:
Tuesday 8/1- Arrive late afternoon, check-in, swim/water park, ADR at 8:45 pm for Raglan Road
Wednesday 8/2 - Animal Kingdom & Magic Kingdom - Breakfast ADR at 8:25 am for Tusker House, Dinner ADR at 6:55 pm for Liberty Tree
Thursday - 8/3 - Magic Kingdom & Epcot - Lunch BOG ADR at 2:20 pm, Coral Reef dinner ADR at 8:55 pm
Friday - 8/4 - Epcot & Animal Kingdom - Rose and Crown Lunch ADR at 1:45 pm, and Rainforest Cafe dinner at 6:00 pm
Saturday 8/5 - SeaWorld and/or Waterpark
Sunday 8/6 - DHS & Animal Kingdom? - Sci-fi Late lunch ADR at 3:10 pm
Monday 8/7 - Epcot & Magic Kingdom - Marrakesh lunch ADR at 12:45 pm and CRT dinner at 9:40 pm
Tuesday 8/8 - checkout CSR - check- in RPR, Universal
Wednesday 8/9 - Universal
Thursday 8/10 - Universal
Friday 8/11 - Universal
Saturday 8/12 - checkout, water park?, shop, fly home.

I don't have exact meals planned for universal but I have a general plan to do at least one TS meal a day, I'm also a little worried about our 8:25 am Tusker House, that one might end up being pushed back or canceled, but I guess we'll see. I'm super excited about the trip and I love trying all the different foods. Hopefully I'll remember to get pictures and post a follow-up and maybe some food reviews. I think it might be fun to have my DD review the food.

Plans sound great! You have a lot of good ADRs, I love Tusker House Breakfast, the Sci-Fi, and CRT dinner is simply the best! I can't wait to hear all of those awesome food reviews!

Plans sound great! You have a lot of good ADRs, I love Tusker House Breakfast, the Sci-Fi, and CRT dinner is simply the best! I can't wait to hear all of those awesome food reviews!
We've never done Tusker or CRT or anything other than Sci-fi, looking forward to trying them all out. DD and I are super excited to eat in the castle! I also can't wait for the cupcakes, and the crepes in France!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter